The Student Room Group

Am i lifting good weights????

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
SMed
Oh so, again with the dumbell press. So is that 20kg in each hand again?

Yeh 20kg in each hand.
Reply 61
likasombodie
shoulders get worked out with chest when you do inclines press
you do not really need to do shoulder presses until youre a year into it and you want to isolate
the key thing to do with thsi guy is put on compound lifts so his whole body gets stronger in one go then we can isolate from tehre

workouts that have squats deadlifts rows bench etc will be more beneficial to him then countless bicep curls and shoulder presses this stage of the game

peace negros

The overhead press is a compound lift.
Reply 62
Let me guess, your "deadlift" is holding 40kg dumbbells in each hand?
Reply 63
SMed
Let me guess, your "deadlift" is holding 40kg dumbbells in each hand?

no its on a barbell 20kg each side lol.
dont ppl deadlifts with a barbell
i NEVER deadlifted with dumbells lol
grip tinz
Reply 65
lonnnng.
Reply 66
antdac
hmm so what should i lift for deadlift and squats ideally.

I already said. It's hard here because your getting some of the worst advice from some of the biggest idiots.

I wish you luck in cutting through all the bull****.

Have you heard of Starting Strength or WSB4SB? I suggest you spend and afternoon and google either of these, the bull**** will be pre-cut for you.
Reply 67
antdac
no its on a barbell 20kg each side lol.

Thank god for th... wait, you have weightless barbell?!? Holy ****! :eek3:
Reply 68
SMed
I already said. It's hard here because your getting some of the worst advice from some of the biggest idiots.

I wish you luck in cutting through all the bull****.

Have you heard of Starting Strength or WSB4SB? I suggest you spend and afternoon and google either of these, the bull**** will be pre-cut for you.

lol yeh its getting confusing as there is a lot of conflicting advice not just on here, but from friends and the internet, but ill check that out.
Reply 69
antdac
lol yeh its getting confusing as there is a lot of conflicting advice not just on here, but from friends and the internet, but ill check that out.

You'll thank me later for that.
Reply 70
SMed
Thank god for th... wait, you have weightless barbell?!? Holy ****! :eek3:

lol what ya mean?
Reply 71
20kg plate + 20kg plate + barbell = 40kg?!?

Meaning, you count the bar.
Reply 72
SMed
20kg plate + 20kg plate + barbell = 40kg?!?

Meaning, you count the bar.

hmm i think the bar is 5 kg. so 45kg lol
Reply 73
There are many types of bars. Just weigh it. Usually the bar is at least 15kg for a standard straight 6' barbell I think. And the big 7' Olympic barbells are 20kg. I'm not too certain on smaller barbells.
Reply 74
SMed
There are many types of bars. Just weigh it. Usually the bar is at least 15kg for a standard straight 6' barbell I think. And the big 7' Olympic barbells are 20kg. I'm not too certain on smaller barbells.

Mines an E-z barbell, i checked amazon to see how much it weighs, it said like boxed it was 5kg .
Reply 75
You're squatting and deadlifting with an EZ-bar?

Can you join a real gym? With a real benchpress, real barbells, plates and a squat rack?
Reply 76
SMed
You're squatting and deadlifting with an EZ-bar?

Can you join a real gym? With a real benchpress, real barbells, plates and a squat rack?

Well..... i do need to join a gym i admit lol.
antdac
Well..... i do need to join a gym i admit lol.

LMFAO at squats with an ez
Reply 78
Great thread.
Reply 79
5 Star thread. Would read again :yy:

Quick Reply

Latest