Turn on thread page Beta

Favourite style of music? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What's your favourite style of music?

For me, its got to be jazz....I just love it sooooooo much!

Romantic comes a close second

ReputationRep:
    According to MP3.com mine is indie/alternative, but i find I am getting more and more into the blues. You can see a list of my CD's at the link in my sig and make up your own mind.

ReputationRep:
    My favourite stlye of music is indie, electronica and folk pop. So anything from The Smiths, New Order, Kraftwerk, Blondie, Simon and Garfunkel, The Bravery, The Killers etc.

95% of the music I listen to is bands, I find solo artisits lack substance unless they are very good, e.g Morrissey, Bowie, Elton John etc.

ReputationRep:
    Roots (in particular celtic), some folky stuff.

From battlefield band and Skyedance
    to Wolfstone, the Peatbog Faeries (yay got the new album today!!) and the afro celts
    Paul Mounsey, Runrig
    KT Tunstall
    all the way through U2, right up to TATU (yes, I actually liked that album, and no, not just because of that video)
    Nickelback

Then off to Lemon Jelly and Air and a touch of Ace of Base (plus a song or two here and there of pop)
    So much, such a huge range.
    But the Peatbogs, Wolfstone, Runrig, those are the ones that really occupy my CD player.

ReputationRep:
    Mainly Jazz but I do listen to many other genres, in particularly rock, metal and electronica.

Spoon 1, what type of Jazz are you into?

Michael :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Opera - Wagner in particular.

ReputationRep:
    Either Indie/Emo, Gothic/Epic Rock, or Punk... its hard to choose, i like alot of music (and am currently listening to more international stuff as well, from scandinavia to japan to brazil)

ReputationRep:
    Rave, bit of indie and r&b as well though.
    Bit of a mixture. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Currently, I listen to a lot of the new rock coming out: The Bravery, Bloc Party, QOTSA, TV on the Radio, Maximo Park etc etc... but I think hip hop still counts as my favourite kind of music since I keep going back to it and have a bit more hip hop compared to rock.. (bit over 2,000 songs to 1,500ish of rock I believe)
    The rest of the space on my mp3 player is taken up by a variety... drum n bass, a fair bit of other electronica (woo! to whoever said they like Lemon Jelly), classical, world (this amazing afro-beat music which was featured on Pitchfork.com for a bit primarily), dub/reggae, blues/jazz... tiny bit of pop

(Original post by spoon1)
    What's your favourite style of music?
    metal

ReputationRep:
    Well, at present my favourite musical genre is Japanese music, my favourite band being Ellegarden, a J-punk band.

Would have to be the blues for me...I am the BIGGEST Eric Clapton fan (not by mass)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Doc)
    Would have to be the blues for me...I am the BIGGEST Eric Clapton fan (not by mass)
    LOL. Genius!

I too am a big Clapton fan. The man is a legend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Doc)
    "White man's blues" is good but you should listen to "real" blues , a la Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters, Sonny Boy Williamson. The people that influenced Eric Clapton. :cool:

Do you not find Eric's solo bluesy gets a bit stale? I mean it's great and all but I think there's much more passion and variety in his Cream era. They truly were fantastic.

ReputationRep:
    faithless no doubt about it

ReputationRep:
    Seductive Indie Rock and Sexy Frenchy House.

(Original post by RainKing)
    Seductive Indie Rock and Sexy Frenchy House.
    liking it! i listen to some quite sexy tangoesque stuff!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bricktops)
    faithless no doubt about it
    Great choice!

Do you have a favourite album?

ReputationRep:
    hardcore!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starsailor)
    Mainly Jazz but I do listen to many other genres, in particularly rock, metal and electronica.

Spoon 1, what type of Jazz are you into?

Pretty much everything, i especially love swing and bebop, big band stuff. I love classical/jazz too....My dad's recently discovered this russian classical/jazz composer and some of his stuff is just amazing !

Jazz musicians wise i love: Miles Davis, Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong, Thelonius Monk, Dizzie Gillespie, Cole Porter, George Gershwin, John Coltrane.....lots......

WHat about you?

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.