Turn on thread page Beta

If you left college/sixth form now... watch

ReputationRep:
    Good luck! I'm sure you can get the grade you want. Tell us how the exam went after you done it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    Good luck! I'm sure you can get the grade you want. Tell us how the exam went after you done it.
    I'm sooo worried. It's all a matter of luck on the questions ... i'm not too keen on essay questions on experiments, longitudinal studies or social surveys though! lol

Ems x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emsy)
    I'm sooo worried. It's all a matter of luck on the questions ... i'm not too keen on essay questions on experiments, longitudinal studies or social surveys though! lol

Ems x
    You could actually check the past papers, and predict what topics of the questions would come up for the summer exam. You could do that for your other subjects too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emsy)

Ems x
    It really does depend on luck of questions. I'm just glad that this isn't part of my uni offer so I don't have to do well on it, but its such a waste of time if I don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    You could actually check the past papers, and predict what topics of the questions would come up for the summer exam. You could do that for your other subjects too.
    I don't agree with that method, it's so unpredictable ... i'd rather revise everything thoroughly and be prepared for anything ...

Ems x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emsy)
    I don't agree with that method, it's so unpredictable ... i'd rather revise everything thoroughly and be prepared for anything ...

Ems x
    Ok then. It works with other subjects though. I tried it and it worked. :p: I guess it's different from sociology, as it's mostly case study stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    That won't work.
    Especially if you use the logic of it was there last year won't be there this year.
    In psychology practically the same question was there for 3 years in a row.
    Best thing to do is the work out all the possible questions by reading the sylabus and have model answers for them all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luize)
    That won't work.
    Especially if you use the logic of it was there last year won't be there this year.
    In psychology practically the same question was there for 3 years in a row.
    Best thing to do is the work out all the possible questions by reading the sylabus and have model answers for them all.
    Agreed! Ems x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    In AQA and Edexcel, you could see those the examiners report. It's usually near the end. Go to their website and find out.
    Yeah what's up with OCR? Finding this stuff out is impossible as far as I'm concerned, at least through the website. Annoying because I want to know what my UMS'll be for my computing coursework.

ReputationRep:
    i ve got an EEEU at the moment.lol. looks like the lowest out overone who's replied so far...it was an AAAB at AS!!

even still, means i need to get B's in my subjects this year (maths i need 70% in my 3 modules), except chem which requires A's...but then im resitting all my AS modules too! so yes it does lift the pressure like a tinsy wincy bit! but still aiming for the A's all round!
    my grade requirements AABD...hopefully will get that!

only if my school allowed january exams, wouldve helped a bit i think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snappyfool)
    Yeah what's up with OCR? Finding this stuff out is impossible as far as I'm concerned, at least through the website. Annoying because I want to know what my UMS'll be for my computing coursework.
    I tried finding OCR examiners report for other subjects, but they don't have any.

ReputationRep:
    They do have them, they just don't offer them online. My school have copies, and my next attempt is emailing them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlottie)
    They do have them, they just don't offer them online. My school have copies, and my next attempt is emailing them.
    I guess we could buy them or ask the teacher for it.

ReputationRep:
    my teacher just shrugged me off when i asked. finished school now i and i don't feel like going in to school just for this. charlottie - let me know if you get any success through email - i might try myself.

ReputationRep:
    B for Psych, E for Geog, E for English

ReputationRep:
    Ummm well in maths i need a grand total of 9 marks to get an A *smiles and gloats* hehe i know i'm bad!! Biology.... I'm on 383... but i already did my coursework and it was pretty much full marks so let's call it 423... so that must b another B right?? Ummm chem i don't know because my coursework is a whole module and i don't know what it is... but that's nearly full marks too so let's call it 460 and German.... well I already took one exam!! Ummm juts missed the A at AS, and probably scraped one in my interpreting exam so.... 230 + 90 = 320

That gives me what?? 3 Bs and a C right?

University open days

• University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    School of Education Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.