Turn on thread page Beta

GCSE Mocks watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, Love the forums, theyre a great resource but onto my question...

Do any of you know what papers the mocks will be? As in, are they past papers? Or new ones?

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Well, it will vary from school to school. Most places will just use past papers, often the ones from the year before, although some teachers (mine for example) may like to make up their own. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jtwn)
    Hi all, Love the forums, theyre a great resource but onto my question...

Do any of you know what papers the mocks will be? As in, are they past papers? Or new ones?

Cheers
    They'll mix questions from lots of different papers - bearing in mind you haven't finished the course yet.

Ben

ReputationRep:
    We had a combination of sample, past and entirely made up papers.

ReputationRep:
    None of ours were made up...science edexcel was a new syllabus so they used the papers of the net (hint hint) same for maths and history. BUT remember they will mark quite hard, so u mite not get an A lets say but a B or even C bcoz they want to show u the worst outcome... dnt b put of tho... think of it this way... ill prove myself in the real thing!

ReputationRep:
    They're usually past papers- and when the syllabus has recently changed then they're as recent as possible (so likely to be last year's papers).

ReputationRep:
    My school used last year's past paers - ask your teachers if you're not sure

ReputationRep:
    K Thanks all.

Thing is, i did ask them, but they refused to tell me, so it sort of gives it away i suppose

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.