Turn on thread page Beta

CGP Revision Guides watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm using the CGP revision guide for my AS Chemistry revision. Would you guys say it pretty much covers everything and I should be able to get an A just using it alone?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I personally don't like CGP guides, I don't find them that clear.

I prefer Philip Alllan Updates:

www.philipallan.co.uk

There are revision guides for specific boards, too, which makes it a whole lot easier!

ReputationRep:
    What exam board are you doing? Alot of whether or not it covers everything will depend on what exam board you are doing, there can be alot of variety and for every revision guide to cover every syallabus is impossible. See if you can get your teacher to give you a copy of the syallabus for each module you are doing and then you can check that you have learnt everything on there. You could see if the is a specfic revision guide for your course as well if you wanted. Although if you like the CPG guides prehaps stick to using them and just ticking off on the syallabus everything you have done.n

ReputationRep:
    Edexcel.
    I will check the syllabus but its just that a lot of people think the CGP guides aren't good enough or are too 'dumb' and I wanted to know what people here thought of them?

ReputationRep:
    I didnt use them, just because I bought some that were specific to my exam board. I didnt do edexcel, so cant comment on that specifically. I think your best bet would be to check the syllabus. I know when I went through it there was work I had forgotten about doing and wouldnt have learnt. Look through past papers as well though, dont just rely on the revision guides. You might have learnt the work but some of how well you will do will depend on how you repsond to the questions. Looking through them you will also get a feel for what topics come up alot.

University open days

• University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    School of Education Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
Poll
Are you chained to your phone?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.