This discussion is closed.
Yilin510
Badges: 0
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
As I am doing Chemistry, Maths and IT for AS/A2 one year course, I decide to do another year for A level Physics or maybe biology. :p:

Is it easy to do Physics or biology A level in one year? and which one whould be easier. :confused:

As I have heard that the text book for Biology is hard as lots of terms and chunks of memories but for a particular exam, it would be easy unlike Physics, easy text book but much deeper knowledge appears in the exam paper.

Can anyone help me please :worm:

cheers

:party:
Golden Maverick
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Yilin510)
As I am doing Chemistry, Maths and IT for AS/A2 one year course, I decide to do another year for A level Physics or maybe biology. :p:

Is it easy to do Physics or biology A level in one year? and which one whould be easier. :confused:

As I have heard that the text book for Biology is hard as lots of terms and chunks of memories but for a particular exam, it would be easy unlike Physics, easy text book but much deeper knowledge appears in the exam paper.

Can anyone help me please :worm:

cheers

:party:
You could do physics in one year if you are good at maths and physics in general. Biology is the science that requires the most learning of the three, and to do all 6 modules in 1 year might be possible but would be very hard.

If you are deciding between the 2 to do in 1 year I'd choose physics, but you may feel you are better at biology. I presume you've discussed this with your teachers? They should have a good idea as to whether you could do it.
Mehh
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
If you are considering this seriously Physics shouldn't be a problem. However biology is more tricky... You can't just work everything out from first principles. Well at least not in the exam hall, it can get a bit messy...
Yilin510
?
Yeh, It is true, thank you for your kindly helps

cheers
Plumptre
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm doing Biology in one year, and am loving it! Okay, so I'm not taking any other subjects so have no workload pressure, but it wouldn't seem impossible.
I would disagree with people who say "Biology is hard as lots of terms and chunks of memories" coz that's not really true! Everything you learn is interesting (well...mostly!) so as long as you understand the subject you won't be struggling to revise it. Information seems to stick when you understand it.
Having said all that, I'm biased because I haven't studied physics to A-level.
Ah what the hell.... DO BIOLOGY!!!
undiscovered
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Plumptre is obviously a genius as biology is damn hard!
Yilin510
?
If I were in China I would definitely do Biology

As English is my second language, I have to think about it ~~~

Poor me ~~~~~~~~
Mehh
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Don't wurry bout it...me thinks latin is everybody's second/third/nth language...that is the language of biology. Biology is interesting and fun, its just that with Physics A Level those that excel at it are so good the text book becomes a rather annoyingly heavy bag/paperweight. The large range of abilities in Physics means that the course is not challenging on the high end of the bell curve, just like maths.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (44)
89.8%
No (5)
10.2%

Watched Threads