This discussion is closed.
marychrist
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by rmyl)
so it really doesn't last that long then?? oh dear :p:
i was originally gonna get the veet bikini line waxing strips but my mum bought this one by mistake. i'll see how it turns out, and tell you all if you want
probably depends on the individual, my hair always seems to grow back ridiculously fast.

olivia22, did you use the cream? if the back of yr knees are really painful, that's probably an indication that you shouldn't use it again. take an antihistamine to try and relieve it? x
Olivia22
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I used the aerosol thats advertised with the bladeless razor thing. You're probably right that I shouldn't use it again. Stick to shaving next time me thinks!!
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i use it, but to be honest so many things are labelled as carcinogenic these days
so true! saucepans, dont forget the saucepans! my gran threw away all of ours because they are apparently carcinogenic not sure how
magiccarpet
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by rmyl)
Is it true that veet (aka immac) might be carcinogenic (might cause cancers)??? I'm considering using it as shaving is such a pain, anybody use it, know anything about it?
dont think so- its not absorbed into the skin and is only on there for a short time.

if u scared try SUGARING like waxing but make of sugar sticky stuff all natuala
magiccarpet
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by rxbeef)
so true! saucepans, dont forget the saucepans! my gran threw away all of ours because they are apparently carcinogenic not sure how
its burned food that is supposed to be...
niamhster
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Checking for Spies)
I use it now and again too; it works fine for me but I don't think it's very good for really sensitive skin. To be honest if you started to worry too much about carcinogens then you'd probably end up not leaving the house :rolleyes:
For really gorgeous natural products try http://www.lush.com
They don't do hair removal creams but their products are truly excellent (and the do a fab shaving cream btw..) x

Lush is fab!!!!!!!!!!
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by rxbeef)
If you have non stick teflon pans they give off poisonous gases if burnt. They can kill birds so I imagine they'd be nasty to humans too
rmyl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
if anyone wanted to know, the veet cream stuff is good. i tried it out and it worked fine.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (40)
88.89%
No (5)
11.11%

Watched Threads