Help!please Feel Free To Share Your Opions

Watch
This discussion is closed.
clouds
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Greetings!I will be doing management in York this coming OCT.CAn anyone clue me in on whta management is basically all abt and what are the job prospect like.THANKS
Mop
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Should you not have researched this slightly prior to applying and accepting a place?
clouds
Rep:
?
i did=)But i am not very sure abt the job prospect though.I just had a rough idea that this degree will be more sought after by the MNCS.ANy idea?
ChemistBoy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The job prospects for management grads aren't exactly the best for graduates, but it's a degree so it will get you places.
clouds
Rep:
?
serious.O man.Dun tell me i had made the wrong choice...was thinking of doing something more specialsie like international banking and finance or accountacy for that matter.
Blackmarket Boy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by clouds)
serious.O man.Dun tell me i had made the wrong choice...was thinking of doing something more specialsie like international banking and finance or accountacy for that matter.
don't take that too strongly. I've applied for management and researched it thoroughly. It is a v flexible degree which means that if you pick crap modules then you might be screwed. you said you're interested in finance/banking/accountancy and you can take modules in these. they can not only give you exemptions from chartered accountancy/management accountancy exams (check with York) but also give you a good grounding for working life. in your interviews for jobs you ought to have a slight advantage there if you can show that you have intentionally chosen certain fields and have relevant knowledge that a graduate in many other disciplines won't. you must play on those advantages though! Good luck BMB
clouds
Rep:
?
Oh icic.Care to elobrate what exactly is crap mod?Haha so then i think twice before chosing them.Btw where u gg to do management?
Blackmarket Boy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by clouds)
Oh icic.Care to elobrate what exactly is crap mod?Haha so then i think twice before chosing them.Btw where u gg to do management?
lol what I meant was something completely unrelated to whatever career you want to go into. so for e.g if you want to go into accountancy - take acc/fin modules not modules on human resources management. generally there should be a good standard of modules at York so there won't be many crap ones that you should avoid like 'communication skills' - which you can pick up yourself without having to do an exam in it. generally you should pick mods that you enjoy, are good at and will help you in your career to maximise your benefit. Because the degree is so flexible ie you can choose what you want to do mostly, you should take advantage of that to learn something about your chosen career path. oh and btw York is a top 10 university in the UK so jobs prospects with a degree from there will do you no harm
clouds
Rep:
?
thanks.I feel so relieved after hearing this.I was getting kinda worry esp when i gave up doing business at aston, cass and durham to come york.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (43)
89.58%
No (5)
10.42%

Watched Threads