Anyone doing this? :woo:
Azori
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by noojoo)
Anyone doing this? :woo:
Yeah, I'm a little scared about it as well! What do you reckon will come up?
jstar357
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I am. so much to revise how is revision going?
Azori
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by jstar357)
I am. so much to revise how is revision going?
Not great, I'm devoting tomorrow to it. I'm just gonna run through the main topics and list all the points I could raise for each one, and then do a few practice essay plans I think.
jstar357
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
cool good idea....main topics include reforms and opposition.........
Incoherence
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Will be doing this paper on Thurs. And to make matters worse, will be having Chemistry synoptics after that... ): Well, don't think I prepared much for this though. All I did was look through sample essays for each themes (eg. opposition, autocracy, peasantry, working class...)

Hope there aren't any nasty questions on thurs!
jstar357
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Oh yes the working class and economic ones are the worst!!
numb3rb0y
Badges: 15
Report 11 years ago
I am. It's my last exam, going to be spending every waking moment of tomorrow cramming. I hate that paper, too; two equally weighted essays, and I always end up with a 70:30 split.
jstar357
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Have to revise whole topic tomorrow!!!
Incoherence
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm hoping for peasants and autocracy to come out. 'cos as of now, those are the only two that I'm sure I can do...lol. Plus, working class and opposition came out in Jan already so doubt that will pop up again this thurs.
jstar357
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ermm good point, autocracy as who was most powerful?
Incoherence
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Autocracy as in, the similarity btwn the rule of the tsars and the Bolsheviks ie. they follow an autocratic system of govt
jstar357
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Oh yes was there a change or red tsars lol
Olie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Azori)
Yeah, I'm a little scared about it as well! What do you reckon will come up?
I'm reckoning peasants because it hasn't come up for some time and possibly a question on war causing change, I'd be very happy if either or both turned up as I don't particularly like the political, development of government type questions. Also I'd love weakness of opposition to come up. My last exam though :woo:
jstar357
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Can someone help me haven't been taught how to actually answer questions for this exam!!! say if you had a question on i.e.
How far do you agree that a study of Russian Government in the period from 1855 to 1956 suggests that the communist were more authoritarian and repressive than the romanov tsars?

How would you structure this?
Would you do:
Intro - what your argument will be
Main body - Talk about most represssive Tsar thn most repressive communists and work your way that way?

Also how would you answer an opposition question would you list it likethis:
intro for the basis of the argument

The leader you think did well
2nd well
not so well
very bad
and poor

thank you
then conclusion?
watchyourbaK
Report 11 years ago
Hi
i have made several seperate tables for my revision, however this is a basic consolodated version from a previous poster, nb this is not my own work and was taken from a previous thread!

hope it helps last minute cramming!
Attached files
Grape190190
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think I know - or at least will know - enough to answer simple questions. If they ask something broad about one of the big themes, I'll just regurgitate everything I know for 45 minutes. My concern is that they'll give us one of those contrived questions that require you to have very specific knowledge and then manipulate it. Then I'd be ******.

It's like on Monday for Elizabeth, I was horrendously unprepared and sleep-deprived, but then they asked me how far Elizabeth was in control of parliament. Huzzah, thought semi-comatose me, perhaps I get to go to university after all. I want that kind of thing to happen again. Yeah?

ETA:

(Original post by watchyourbaK)
Hi
i have made several seperate tables for my revision, however this is a basic consolodated version from a previous poster, nb this is not my own work and was taken from a previous thread!

hope it helps last minute cramming!
Erm: sizeable grattitude to yourself and all others who inadvertently helped bring that spreadsheet into my life. :love:
Azori
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Grape190190)
I think I know - or at least will know - enough to answer simple questions. If they ask something broad about one of the big themes, I'll just regurgitate everything I know for 45 minutes. My concern is that they'll give us one of those contrived questions that require you to have very specific knowledge and then manipulate it. Then I'd be ******.
Same really. Hopefully war as a catalyst for change and authoritarianism will come up
jstar357
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Does anyone know a simple essay plan on how you would answer it themeatically?
Azori
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by jstar357)
Does anyone know a simple essay plan on how you would answer it themeatically?
What's the question?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (39)
40.63%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (21)
21.88%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (5)
5.21%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (9)
9.38%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (5)
5.21%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (6)
6.25%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (11)
11.46%

Watched Threads