The Student Room Group

iTunes has completely wiped everything off my ipod. Help?

I just plugged my ipod into my computer after I'd already opened up iTunes. When i plugged it in it went all weird, and instead of having x% song memory, x% video it just has 6.25gb "other" and when i went to look at my ipod, EVERYTHING had been wiped off

when i tried to synch all my songs and shizz back on, it said my ipod is already synced with another library. but its not!

what has happened and what do i need to do?

thanks xx
Reply 1
it must have been a malfunction with your ipod or itunes but not to worry since you still have all your songs

i suggest you reinstall itunes and then start again or if that fails reset your ipod (press down the menu and centre button at the same time until the screen goes white or grey - depending on what ipod you have) and then try and sync your ipod again

good luck

xXx
If it says your ipod is already synced with another library, does it not at the same time give you the option to sync it with the one that you're on? If so, try that,
Reply 3
ok i've downloaded the latest ipod software and just tried to sync all songs from my library, and it says there's not enough memory as something is taking up 5.6gb of it, and i don't know what it is. could it be a virus or sthing?
this should be in sound and vision.
viruses affect software, not hardware:smile:
Reply 5
hi the same thing happened to me but all of my music wiped aswell I only have one song which I purchased the others that I also purchased wiped does anyon have any advice???

Latest

Trending

Trending