Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Ok the situation -
~ 11 days till AS Maths C1 & C2 papers. :eek:
~ Havent started properly revising.
~ Did really bad in mock exams. :mad:

What would you recommend it terms of revision (eg. 4 hours a day etc..), what type of revision to be doing (eg. making notes, doing worked examples..) and finally if i revise well for the next 11 day do you think i have much chance of getting a reasonable grade?
kitty**b
Badges: 0
?
Report 16 years ago
Hey am in completely the same situation :eek: :eek: am so struggling with making myself work and have done NOTHING so far. In my C1 mock i got an E and i should be getting an A. So yeh 11 days revision should be fine... im hoping.

Basically what im going to do is concentrate on C1 cos can revise C2 over half term. Am going to go over all the chapters write out notes or somat cos have forgotten soo much. Then do a couple miscellaneous q's for each to remind myself how to apply everything. And then do past papers. Lots of them. I reckon a couple hours a night, maybs more on weekends, will be okay.
spoon1
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Revision-wise, what works for one person won't work for another - everyone has their own way of revising, for instance, i find just reading through a revision guide and looking at past papers is sufficient, however I know that most people can't do some sort of successful revision without making notes...

So my advice would be to do around 5 hours of revision a day, with plenty of breaks and at least one day off each week. I can't say if you will get a resonable grade but you will certainly improve your chances of getting one
toodadoo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bs.uk)
Ok the situation -
~ 11 days till AS Maths C1 & C2 papers. :eek:
~ Havent started properly revising.
~ Did really bad in mock exams. :mad:

What would you recommend it terms of revision (eg. 4 hours a day etc..), what type of revision to be doing (eg. making notes, doing worked examples..) and finally if i revise well for the next 11 day do you think i have much chance of getting a reasonable grade?
If I were you I would go throught the C1/C2 books page by page identifying my weak areas. Then I would go through some worked examples/get some help from a teacher on all those weak areas.

Next I would move on and complete past papers. Try and get a teacher or someone to mark questions from P1 and P2 past papers that are simmilar to C1 and C2 questions.

I think 11 days is more than enough for C1 and C2. Hope you've covered all other subjects. I'd say if you really try, you can achieve an A.
-G-a-v-
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yup I'm in a similar situation too, getting nowhere with revision and first exam is next wednesday (physics prac.) but that doesnt take much revision....my Decision Maths 2 exam is 25th May, was doing past questions today ... can't do any of it - its great! So yup I'm pretty mch gonna fail D2 - get in! Hoping to pull of most of my Chemistry and Physics revision over half term and while I'm on study leave. Hmmmm its alll goooood.
toodadoo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Oh and try get the delphis papers. They've made 10 papers for each unit.
Paxi
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
If your board is edexcel and you are doing from the heinemen books for maths than i suggest you skim through the whole course and then do the review exercises(especially the past paper questions) . If you can't solve a question than check the relevant exercise for it's correct method..
kitsune
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
same for me for P3!!! :'(
bs.uk
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
im doing OCR C1+C2 on same day (23rd may), ive got a couple of hours 2moro morning and then a few hours after college, this saturday and most of sunday i have free so would it be wise to do a large amount of hours revision? and another thing should i spend my lunches at college just doing revision? so basically every bit of free time i have spend revising..
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (196)
55.37%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (49)
13.84%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (40)
11.3%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (33)
9.32%
I haven't started researching yet (21)
5.93%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
4.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed