Fitting it all in? Watch

This discussion is closed.
NickiM
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I am trying to rearrange my revision timetable in my head.
I was planning to do French until Monday (when my oral exam is), and then concentrate on English Literature and Music until the 24th and 25th.

The thing is that then I'll have half term and I'll have to revise Maths, Science, Graphics, History, French and probably some more, and I won't have time.

So, how can I manage my revision so I can revise all my subjects but concentrate on the subjects where my exams are nearest?

Thanks!

Nicki
kellywood_5
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Maybe if you just did one more of those subjects before half-term, then you'd be doing an equal amount of subjects before and after the break. Do the one where the exams are nearest, or if they're equally close, do the one you're least confident in.
NickiM
Rep:
?
Ok, what I might do is do French until Monday, then do longer sessions on English Lit and Music, but still doing another subject. I get literally a weekend and a day of study leave which is rubbish. The week after 1/2 term, I have 8 exams, so a lot of subjects to revise for.
IZZY!
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i ve got same thing. But anyhow I decided to ignore school and not to go to skool next week in order to try to revise for German Oral on Thursday. Then i m going to start revising intensivly for English Lit, IT, German listening, which are on 25th, 23rd and 24th.gosh.too much. But then again after those exams i have 2 weeks off to prepare.
NickiM
Rep:
?
Well, I have to go to school next week as a) not on study leave yet, b) parents would not let me c) we have not finished the exam syllabus in some subjects. I am annoyed because I want to revise tonight but I am just shattered. I went to sleep as soon as I came back from school.
trev
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think you should take a day off for today, as you are tired. Continue revising tommorow and over the weekend.

You can fit in all the subjects in that amount of time. You should study at least 2 subjects per day near the exam. In addition, prioritise the exams that are coming near. Concentrate on those more than the others.
NickiM
Rep:
?
Well, I think on the 6th June my first exam is Science, and that is the only one. I keep forgetting I have study leave, so I can do an exam, go home and revise.
Lottie
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I completely sympathise with your problem of fitting it all in.

It would seem that before half term, over the course of two weeks, I have three exams (since my orals are now over - thank God!) while the following week I literally have an exam every single day, bar one, but the fact I've got days with two exams makes up for that little break in between. It's ridiculous. The following week then I have only a handful of exams.

Tomorrow is my last day before study leave - though barely anyone is going in for it (Leavers' Ball/May Ball/Prom in the evening, of course) - and it looks like I'm going to have to get my act together to be any way prepared!

The logistics, the scheduling, the allocation of time... NIGHTMARE!
NickiM
Rep:
?
My ball/prom etc isn't until July . I don't break up until next Friday. But I can't have days like this again, where I am too tired to do anything. I am not too worried about French aural, it is just the 'main' exams, which start in 12 days!! (ARGH!)
trev
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by NickiM)
Well, I think on the 6th June my first exam is Science, and that is the only one. I keep forgetting I have study leave, so I can do an exam, go home and revise.
Indeed. I'll go back home and do revision. Not sure how it will work, as I will be tired after the exam.
NickiM
Rep:
?
Yep, I will be too, but it has to be done
IZZY!
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i also went to bed after coming from skool. i dont wanna go to skool next week, except revision sessions.skool is sooo boooring.
zhivago
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
:eek:
it is just the 'main' exams, which start in 12 days!! (ARGH!)
:eek: :eek: JESUS! Is it really 12 days?!!! :eek: My God, that's under 2 weeks! I'm not too worried about the first three I have on the 25th (English x2, PE), because I've got 4 free days beforee hand to revise - but then after half term I've got a block of like 8 day after day, they're what I'm really worried about!! God, doesn't if feel like you were in year 7 just yesterday? Where did it go? And how did it go so horribly wrong?
No Future
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I am so, so screwed. Have no plan. Erm, will just try to do what I can?
I feel as if there's no point at this stage as it's so close and I'll mess up anyway. :rolleyes:
zhivago
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think we all feel that, I can say in confidence.
NickiM
Rep:
?
(Original post by zhivago)
:eek:

:eek: :eek: JESUS! Is it really 12 days?!!! :eek: My God, that's under 2 weeks! I'm not too worried about the first three I have on the 25th (English x2, PE), because I've got 4 free days beforee hand to revise - but then after half term I've got a block of like 8 day after day, they're what I'm really worried about!! God, doesn't if feel like you were in year 7 just yesterday? Where did it go? And how did it go so horribly wrong?
It was 12 days yesterday Now it is 11! It is such a scary thought, I don't really mind for Music, but English Lit, I am quite scared about. I break up on the 20th though, and we don't get the day off, we break up as normal at 3.00, so I basically have the weekend and a day, and as usual I'll have band on the Saturday. I've also got a block of about 8 exams in one week . I can remember alkways looking at the newspaper about people's GCSE achievements, it is going to be us this year.

No Future - If you haven't started revising (if that is what you meant), it is never too late to start!
gemgems89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by NickiM)
Well, I have to go to school next week as a) not on study leave yet, b) parents would not let me c) we have not finished the exam syllabus in some subjects. I am annoyed because I want to revise tonight but I am just shattered. I went to sleep as soon as I came back from school.
You've not finished the syllabii (haha i love that word) yet! :eek: Wow talk about leaving things late. Silly teachers, you should have finished them weeks ago so you could revise.
NickiM
Rep:
?
It is because we've missed some lessons for "tutor time", and had to do stupid little courseworks which didn't even affect my overall grade. We have 2 biology lessons left and we are zooming through the last few topics...argh!
Narsha
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
How good is ur french?
If it's good, then you won't really need to revise it..
just think french and relax, and u'll b fine..cuz mine was ok..

also..on 26th & 27th, you can do a revision on a subject u want..then at half term..
revise mega hard..good luck!
NickiM
Rep:
?
Thankyou! I just did 1/2 an hour's practice with my mum and I did all my general conversation topics. I am 95% there now, I think.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1439)
79.72%
Leave (366)
20.28%

Watched Threads