This discussion is closed.
trev
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by NickiM)
Thankyou! I just did 1/2 an hour's practice with my mum and I did all my general conversation topics. I am 95% there now, I think.
Yay, you are almost there! You are prepared for the french oral next week.
NickiM
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I think I am, just nervous that I'll fall apart.
trev
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think I am, just nervous that I'll fall apart.
You will do fine! Have confidence, (go nicki go). It's ok to be nervous as it's your first time doing an oral/exam.

Sorry for not going on msn just now, don't feel like it.
NickiM
Rep:
?
Well, when I am nervous, my throat goes all horrible, and I have to keep clearing it. Meh. Don't worry, I might not be online for that long, my eyes are killing me.
trev
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well, when I am nervous, my throat goes all horrible, and I have to keep clearing it. Meh. Don't worry, I might not be online for that long, my eyes are killing me.
You should clear your throat before speaking. I don't think you get penalised when your throat goes horrible though. It's natural to cough a bit and stuff like that.
NickiM
Rep:
?
As long as my hayfever isn't bad on Monday I don't mind! We get 15 mins preparation time to prepare a role play so I'll just clear my throat then. I think I can take a bottle of water in too.
trev
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
As long as my hayfever isn't bad on Monday I don't mind! We get 15 mins preparation time to prepare a role play so I'll just clear my throat then. I think I can take a bottle of water in too.
That's good then you get preperation and time to clear your throat. You will be very prepared then and ready to get a good grade!

Make sure the bottle of water doesn't have a label or any writting or it. I got told by the invigilators about this. I find it quite stupid though. You can't even write on it, there's not enough space, and the colouring of the label is mostly dark anyway.

Hope you will be alright over the weekend and the hayfever will be gone!
NickiM
Rep:
?
(Original post by trev)
That's good then you get preperation and time to clear your throat. You will be very prepared then and ready to get a good grade!

Make sure the bottle of water doesn't have a label or any writting or it. I got told by the invigilators about this. I find it quite stupid though. You can't even write on it, there's not enough space, and the colouring of the label is mostly dark anyway.

Hope you will be alright over the weekend and the hayfever will be gone!
Hehe my friend took hers today and took in a hanky with lavender oil on to calm her down! It seems like a good tip, although you could smell it a mile away.
I'll peel the label off the water bottle, so the examiners cannot complain.
Well the thing is my hayfever is either non existant, a little bit there or full on, and I can never tell which it is going to be .
trev
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hehe my friend took hers today and took in a hanky with lavender oil on to calm her down! It seems like a good tip, although you could smell it a mile away.
I'll peel the label off the water bottle, so the examiners cannot complain.
Well the thing is my hayfever is either non existant, a little bit there or full on, and I can never tell which it is going to be .
The hayfever will go in a few days, don't worry.

Are you planning to take some stuff like your friend into your oral exam?

If you forget to peel off the label, I guess they could check it if you have writing or not. It's no worth it as you can't write much on and it's consider cheating obviously.
NickiM
Rep:
?
(Original post by trev)
The hayfever will go in a few days, don't worry.

Are you planning to take some stuff like your friend into your oral exam?

If you forget to peel off the label, I guess they could check it if you have writing or not. It's no worth it as you can't write much on and it's consider cheating obviously.
Ergh woken up this morning and my eyes are dreadful. One doesn't want to stay open.
I might take some lavender pulse point, I will get hysterical/extremely panicky
I'll be sure to peel off any label on the bottle, and if I forget, I won't take water in.
trev
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Ergh woken up this morning and my eyes are dreadful. One doesn't want to stay open.
I might take some lavender pulse point, I will get hysterical/extremely panicky
I'll be sure to peel off any label on the bottle, and if I forget, I won't take water in.
Hope you would be alright tommorow. Yeah, take some lavender pulse point, you will feel a bit better than dreadful.

I don't think there's a need for water though, most students don't bring them in as the exams are not 2 hours long. I would suggest bring a bottle of water if your exams are over 2 hours long. That's my opinion. :p:

I guess you won't do revision today? :confused:
NickiM
Rep:
?
No, I have to revise, I can't afford not to. My eyes are better now, inside I am better anyway. I'll do lots of French, flute practice, and some other things.
trev
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
No, I have to revise, I can't afford not to. My eyes are better now, inside I am better anyway. I'll do lots of French, flute practice, and some other things.
Alright then. How much revision did you do so far?

Glad you are feeling better now.
NickiM
Rep:
?
I haven't done any today, I left the house at 8.30, just come back from band at 2, but am off again at 2.30 to do some revision. What about you?
trev
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I haven't done any today, I left the house at 8.30, just come back from band at 2, but am off again at 2.30 to do some revision. What about you?
I've done 2 hours so far. I'm on here for resting purposes. :p: I will be back to revision soon though.
NickiM
Rep:
?
Meh, done about 4 hours maximum since 2.30. Basically given up now, as I got really annoyed at myself for fluffing up some French, and had an argument with Mum and have no one to test me French. Also, I know I wouldn't do anything productive if I sat at a desk. I did do all 4 of my proposed subjects though, so that was good. Will do a lot tomorrow though, and try not to worry about my exam on Monday!
trev
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Meh, done about 4 hours maximum since 2.30. Basically given up now, as I got really annoyed at myself for fluffing up some French, and had an argument with Mum and have no one to test me French. Also, I know I wouldn't do anything productive if I sat at a desk. I did do all 4 of my proposed subjects though, so that was good. Will do a lot tomorrow though, and try not to worry about my exam on Monday!
At least you've done some revision todady. You could test yourself on french though. Assuming that you have the speech on paper for the time being, you could cover that part and speak it. After that, check if you spoke the correct thing written down on the piece of paper.

Good luck on monday! Tell us how it went afterwards. (go nicki go!)
NickiM
Rep:
?
Well, I would do, but I prefer being asked. I was just annoyed at myself really, I get like that and then I snap at other people. Now I just have the sinking feeling back again and the paranoia frame of mind.
trev
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well, I would do, but I prefer being asked. I was just annoyed at myself really, I get like that and then I snap at other people. Now I just have the sinking feeling back again and the paranoia frame of mind.
Since you prefer being asked, you could call a friend to spend a few minutes with you preparing for the oral.
NickiM
Rep:
?
I was actually thinking of doing that! But the thing is, the only friend I can think of who wouldn't mind, would probably want to continue her revision (she is very dedicated), and would need to see my answers, as she likes to check I have got it right.

*sigh* I am just so frustrated with myself!

(Are you coming onto MSN?)
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (196)
55.37%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (49)
13.84%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (40)
11.3%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (33)
9.32%
I haven't started researching yet (21)
5.93%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
4.24%

Watched Threads