Fitting it all in? Watch

This discussion is closed.
trev
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by NickiM)
I was actually thinking of doing that! But the thing is, the only friend I can think of who wouldn't mind, would probably want to continue her revision (she is very dedicated), and would need to see my answers, as she likes to check I have got it right.

*sigh* I am just so frustrated with myself!

(Are you coming onto MSN?)
Woah, your friend is really good! I guess you could ask your parents to test you or use a piece of paper to cover your speech, and speak it. After a few lines, you could check if you spoke it right and stuff.

I'm not going on today, as I'm doing revision. I will go on sometime next week though.
NickiM
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I'll do some with Mum tomorrow, argh why am I getting stressed about a 15 minute test!! I hope to talk to you soon on MSN
trev
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'll do some with Mum tomorrow, argh why am I getting stressed about a 15 minute test!! I hope to talk to you soon on MSN
Cool. Tommorow will be your last practice. You could got to school a bit early and have a last minute practice at school with your friends before starting in the exam in the morning though.

I could come on msn now, but I have to go soon.

I wish you good luck.
NickiM
Rep:
?
My exam is at 11. I can't get in early as I have to go to the doctors at 8.30ish. Hopefully, my presentation should be good, and I know 95% on my conversation. Arghhh...
trev
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
My exam is at 11. I can't get in early as I have to go to the doctors at 8.30ish. Hopefully, my presentation should be good, and I know 95% on my conversation. Arghhh...
You are almost near 100%! You could get it to 100% tommorow! O yeah, at least you get time to prepare before you actually speak though. How come you need to go to the doctor?
NickiM
Rep:
?
(Original post by trev)
You are almost near 100%! You could get it to 100% tommorow! O yeah, at least you get time to prepare before you actually speak though. How come you need to go to the doctor?
I just did it again today, and I do know it, just some bits which I have added like "I don't go to the cinema often", sometimes I forget them, but it doesn't matter especially if I forget them. If the role play is ok, I will go through it in the preparation time, and then just focus on calming myself down. I have to have a blood test tomorrow.
trev
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I just did it again today, and I do know it, just some bits which I have added like "I don't go to the cinema often", sometimes I forget them, but it doesn't matter especially if I forget them. If the role play is ok, I will go through it in the preparation time, and then just focus on calming myself down. I have to have a blood test tomorrow.
Cool. You will get it perfect today, as you will have the whole day to practice, and some time tommorow before the exam starts too.

How come you need a blood test?

Good luck tommorow! Tell me how it went afterwards on TSR/msn.
NickiM
Rep:
?
Well, I will just quickly go over the questions later on, I don't want to over practice.
I need a blood test to see whether I can take some tablets.
I'll tell you how it goes later on!
trev
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well, I will just quickly go over the questions later on, I don't want to over practice.
I need a blood test to see whether I can take some tablets.
I'll tell you how it goes later on!
Alright then.

All the best for tommorow (said it so many time already, lol)!
NickiM
Rep:
?
Ok, it is 7am and I am actually not that nervous which is good. I have my lavender pulse point on, hehe and I can do this!!

(Go Nicki go!)
trev
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Ok, it is 7am and I am actually not that nervous which is good. I have my lavender pulse point on, hehe and I can do this!!

(Go Nicki go!)
lol yeah, go nicki go! :p:

Glad you are not nevous. Your oral should end by now. How did it go?
mtbab
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
hey trev, lets give her a big welcome, for when shes comes home
Attached files
NickiM
Rep:
?
Awww thanks so much, it means a lot to me!
Quite funny because my friend had a hanky with lavender oil on for her on Friday, and today she brought it in for me! And you can still smell it now on me, even though I gave it her back.
Anyway, it went well. Role play wise, I got one about a gap year, and I had no idea what the 3rd bullet point was but I guessed and got it right. For the general conversation I got my favourite topics, and she said overall I was excellent, used lots of tenses and only made 1 mistake, so yep I am pleased!!
Thanks all, it means a lot (especially the image!)
trev
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Awww thanks so much, it means a lot to me!
Quite funny because my friend had a hanky with lavender oil on for her on Friday, and today she brought it in for me! And you can still smell it now on me, even though I gave it her back.
Anyway, it went well. Role play wise, I got one about a gap year, and I had no idea what the 3rd bullet point was but I guessed and got it right. For the general conversation I got my favourite topics, and she said overall I was excellent, used lots of tenses and only made 1 mistake, so yep I am pleased!!
Thanks all, it means a lot (especially the image!)
You're welcome! I wanted to post a pic like the person above, but I can't find a good one. At least that person posted a pic though.

Glad it went well for you. Since you made 1 mistake, you will still have a chance of an A* for the speaking part of your course.

For speaking, they usually ask simple and daily life topics anyway.
NickiM
Rep:
?
My accent wasn't that great, I don't think. Oh well. I think I did do well though, so I am pleased! I don't know how big/what the mistake was. Just relieved it is over. Off to revise now though
mtbab
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
lol, congrats, hey if this makes you feel better too, in six weeks its all over!! also, the accent doesnt matter that much just as long as you pronounced words right eg mais not mays lol
trev
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
My accent wasn't that great, I don't think. Oh well. I think I did do well though, so I am pleased! I don't know how big/what the mistake was. Just relieved it is over. Off to revise now though
At least you still speak with a french accent though, better than none though. For sure you did well! What is your next exam?
NickiM
Rep:
?
Mtbab - I repped you, hope you got it
Quite scary I have 2 more GCSEs next week! I am off to revise, post back here later
trev
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Quite scary I have 2 more GCSEs next week! I am off to revise, post back here later
Have fun/good luck revising. What are you going to revise?

I admire you doing very good in your oral. :p:
mtbab
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
lol ive got 3, then half term woohoo, then 8!! then 2 then 3 then over !!!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1377)
79.5%
Leave (355)
20.5%

Watched Threads