This discussion is closed.
n0c0mment
Badges: 0
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
could someone describe to my what i will be learning, if i take this next year, THanks
Luize
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Look through some psych websites
www.psychade.net
www.s-cool.com
etc there should be a list of them around here somewhere.

It will depend on the exam board as well.
forbidden_fruit
Badges: 0
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by n0c0mment)
could someone describe to my what i will be learning, if i take this next year, THanks
I'm doing AQA, and example topics for AS are memory, attatchment, conformity, individual differences, research methods. A2 topics include brain & behaviour, gender & social development, sleep & dreams, pro & anti social behaviour and psychopathology.

Psychology as an a level is mostly approaches, theories and studies. Lessons are often more debates and doing tests on ourselves than straight learning like say biology, but you need to revise more before exams (learn loads of studies by different people).

The exams are all essay style questions (except research methods which are mostly one liners), with half marks for facts, half for evaluation.

PM me if you want to know more :-)
Luize
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
There are a lot more modules that can be done for A2 than mentioned above. It depends on your school/college as to what ones you actually study. And sometimes it can depend on the teacher that you get.

There are sections though. Delevopmental, cognitive, physiological. There are others but I have forgotten them.
There isn't much maths in the AS and perhaps a little bit in A2 depending on your modules and the coursework. There is one heavily biology based module in AS. Not particulary difficult just lots of long words.

I like the subject it's really interesting, Gives you insight into why people do things, how to make people do what you want them. Differences between people and animals. How we grow up and how that effects us.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (196)
55.37%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (49)
13.84%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (40)
11.3%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (33)
9.32%
I haven't started researching yet (21)
5.93%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
4.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise