This discussion is closed.
DanMushMan
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Just back from Oxford after a dinner and lot of drinking. My first time at 'the scum' and it wasn't too bad. The place is nice enough and the colleges are very different to cam, but maybe the rain didn't help but I wasn't overly impressed. We ate at St Benet's Hall which is some obscure monastry-***-college, its a small but pretty enough place and all the monks were very nice. They were even fairly nice after someone projectile vomited over the table during the end of dinner speeches. Not very nice at all, we were sooo close to leaving a college with some sort of respect, but it wasn't to be. I wonder who will take us up next year??
Then we retired to Oriel MCR which i suppose was pretty good as mcrs go.

Anyway, I'm going back next weekend...
Adhsur
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by DanMushMan)
Just back from Oxford after a dinner and lot of drinking. My first time at 'the scum' and it wasn't too bad. The place is nice enough and the colleges are very different to cam, but maybe the rain didn't help but I wasn't overly impressed. We ate at St Benet's Hall which is some obscure monastry-***-college, its a small but pretty enough place and all the monks were very nice. They were even fairly nice after someone projectile vomited over the table during the end of dinner speeches. Not very nice at all, we were sooo close to leaving a college with some sort of respect, but it wasn't to be. I wonder who will take us up next year??
Then we retired to Oriel MCR which i suppose was pretty good as mcrs go.

Anyway, I'm going back next weekend...
Hmmmm, so does any part of you regret being at Oxford instead?
DanMushMan
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
Hmmmm, so does any part of you regret being at Oxford instead?
no, cam by a country mile
not1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by DanMushMan)
Just back from Oxford after a dinner and lot of drinking...
st benets hall isnt a proper college, just some place for religious nuts to go to, i think
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by edders)
st benets hall isnt a proper college, just some place for religious nuts to go to, i think
a conservative party view?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (585)
50.04%
No (584)
49.96%

Watched Threads