This discussion is closed.
Howard
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by mik1w)
No it's the most disgusting thing I can think of.
You must have a very limited imagination.
girl_in_keele
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Plumptre)
Be honest!
NO! YUCK! its a filthy habit and makes your clothes smell, gives you a bad cough, ITS EXPENSIVE (hello, we're students, how do smokers afford it?! lol) and snogging smokers is like licking an ash tray - blurgh!

And it is linked to all kinds of cancer, just generally a massive health hazard.

No thanks. :puke:
xxSpicyChickenxx
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by tis_me_lord)
No, but it's not as yuck as the poll makes out. :eek:

:eek: isto!!!! i am a smoker and i even think its YUCK!! though when i started peer pressure took over *ashamed* but think about it. what is the good side to smoking? there is none
Plumptre
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
Cords & hush puppies?
HA HA HA!!! I should have included an "over 85" option in my "How old are you?" poll!!
technik
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by IceFleur)
God, EVERYONE smokes in London. And they love blowing it in your face too. I just want to strangle them and make a massive poster that says 'Second hand smoke can kill!'.
I'm pushing it a bit, aren't I.
you should be allowed to hatchet people below the shin when they do that. then its even.
Inverurie Jones
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Cords & hush puppies?
Leather jacket and flying helmet. :p:
xxSpicyChickenxx
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by rmyl)
do you wanna quit?

yes yes i do.. i have tried books, determination, my mum even took me to the docters. turns out you have to be 18 to buy the patches so that was that out the window i never chew gum (i herd it gives you stomach ulcers if you chew to much :eek: )!! but ill take a look. another challenge to complete, is my attatitude... i shall make it
technik
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by girl_in_keele)
NO! YUCK! its a filthy habit and makes your clothes smell, gives you a bad cough, ITS EXPENSIVE (hello, we're students, how do smokers afford it?! lol) and snogging smokers is like licking an ash tray - blurgh!

And it is linked to all kinds of cancer, just generally a massive health hazard.

No thanks. :puke:
indeed. i wouldnt go with a girl who smoked. its just too rank.
technik
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by xxhayleyxx)
yes yes i do.. i have tried books, determination, my mum even took me to the docters. turns out you have to be 18 to buy the patches so that was that out the window i never chew gum (i herd it gives you stomach ulcers if you chew to much :eek: )!! but ill take a look. another challenge to complete, is my attatitude... i shall make it
good idea to stop as soon as possible. all you'll end up doing is giving yourself cancer and placenta stones. as well as beings thousands of pounds poorer
john !!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You must have a very limited imagination.
lol
Maybe it was a slight exaggeration!
Howard
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by IceFleur)
And they love blowing it in your face too.
I always make a point of doing just that. But I prefer brushing my cigarette against someone and putting a nice little hole in their shirt or a giving them a 3rd degree burn. Ahhhh.....the simple pleasures in life.......
benieam
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
FOR GOD'S SAKE! Non-smokers are so bloody irritating! WHINE WHINE!
technik
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by benieam)
FOR GOD'S SAKE! Non-smokers are so bloody irritating! WHINE WHINE!
better than being a smoker though.

ha.
bricktops
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
dont get me started on smoking. Smoking take 1.7 biliion out of the Nhs, it kills over 120,000 people a year in the uk, it kills 2 employes every day. it kills 30 people a day. AND [B] spending 1 hour in a room with a smoker is 1000 times likely to cause lung cancer than living in a building with asbestos.
F. Poste
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I used to smoke in my misguided youth. Seeing my dad die of cancer put an end to that habit!
The Colonel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bricktops)
Smoking take 1.7 biliion out of the Nhs
I am a non smoker and against smoking HOWEVER smokers generally don;t live as long so they need less long term health care from the nhs and they also cost the NHS less in pensions. THe tax they pay also keeps the economy going and helps keep the population rate steady
bricktops
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
actually the good thing about smoking is that is keeps the population steady, that many die which is good. If they all lived until 100 or whatever then the healthcare system would explode. I SAY CARRY ON SMOKING TO THE SMOKERS........
Inverurie Jones
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well, I'm a sometime smoker and probably as healthy as any of you, if not more so.

Anyway, tobacco puts many, many times more money into the country than it takes out. If anything you should be arsey to fat or stressed people.
Plumptre
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I always make a point of doing just that. But I prefer brushing my cigarette against someone and putting a nice little hole in their shirt or a giving them a 3rd degree burn. Ahhhh.....the simple pleasures in life.......
Ha ha! Yeah, I love doing that too!! We smokers are out to get all those nasty little non-smokers by the sounds of things!!
F. Poste
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bricktops)
actually the good thing about smoking is that is keeps the population steady, that many die which is good. If they all lived until 100 or whatever then the healthcare system would explode. I SAY CARRY ON SMOKING TO THE SMOKERS........
As someone who's been personally affected by the smoking-related death of someone close to them, I think that's an extremely callous and stupid thing to say. Congratulations :rolleyes:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (44)
89.8%
No (5)
10.2%

Watched Threads