Do you smoke? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by bricktops)
Smoking take 1.7 biliion out of the Nhs, it kills over 120,000 people a year in the uk, spending 1 hour in a room with a smoker is 1000 times likely to cause lung cancer than living in a building with asbestos.
No. It kills 86,000 a year.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4003969.stm

But, it raises 9.3 billion
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3292979.stm

I've no idea how many people die from lung cancer purely from living in a building with asbestos. Do you?
keano
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I quit 2 years ago. What did it for me was..I tried to have a game of football...then I realised I couldnt even run for 10mins gasping for breath at every opportunity... I thought..ow..bugger..Im gona quit. Saves you loads of money, seriously. tax on **** in UK is nutty.
Plumptre
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by Inverurie Jones)
If anything you should be arsey to fat or stressed people.
One day it won't be taboo to criticize them, hope that day is soon so smokers won't get all the hassle
Mandy.Massey
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i hate smoking, and have never smoked a cigarette. I do have one cigar at new years, and one on my birthday though. it's tradition.
bricktops
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by F. Poste)
As someone who's been personally affected by the smoking-related death of someone close to them, I think that's an extremely callous and stupid thing to say. Congratulations :rolleyes:
apologies
Inverurie Jones
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Plumptre)
One day it won't be taboo to criticize them, hope that day is soon so smokers won't get all the hassle
I didn't realise it was taboo! Oops...
bricktops
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
No. It kills 86,000 a year.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4003969.stm

But, it raises 9.3 billion
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3292979.stm

I've no idea how many people die from lung cancer purely from living in a building with asbestos. Do you?
mate your wrong, ive done too much research about this.

it kills 120,000. BMA RESULTS FROM APRIL 2005.

http://www.bma.org.uk/ap.nsf/Content/smokescreen/$file/Behindthesmokescreen.pdf
Ribomania
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
As someone who's been personally affected by the smoking-related death of someone close to them, I think that's an extremely callous and stupid thing to say. Congratulations :rolleyes:
Oxford/Aylesbury, isn't that generally known as Thame? Or is it just a referance. I used to go to school in Wendover and lived first in Marsworth (near Tring) then Aston Clinton but now we have mainly moved but mum and dad have a studio flat so they can stay for work in Ayles.......... I'll sponsor u........ how much is appropriate? Oh and rather stupidly I do smoke people. stone me i know its stupid but cannot stop.............
Veritas
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i smoke but not tobacco
Ribomania
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hey where do u go 2 school Plumptre, is it in Somerset?
Ribomania
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by thinktank)
i smoke but not tobacco
Been there every party and m8 it really messes u up.......... i cannot play the french horn half as well and its a lot worse than ****........
Feefifofum
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by thinktank)
i smoke but not tobacco
:smokin:
F. Poste
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Ribomania)
Oxford/Aylesbury, isn't that generally known as Thame? Or is it just a referance. I used to go to school in Wendover and lived first in Marsworth (near Tring) then Aston Clinton but now we have mainly moved but mum and dad have a studio flat so they can stay for work in Ayles.......... I'll sponsor u........ how much is appropriate? Oh and rather stupidly I do smoke people. stone me i know its stupid but cannot stop.............
Thame is between Oxford and Aylesbury but I go to uni in Oxford and live in Aylesbury so that's why my location says what it is Thank you for offering to sponsor me, whatever you can spare is appreciated
Ribomania
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Thame is between Oxford and Aylesbury but I go to uni in Oxford and live in Aylesbury so that's why my location says what it is Thank you for offering to sponsor me, whatever you can spare is appreciated
Wot am i sponsoring u 2 do by the way?
Plumptre
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by Ribomania)
Hey where do u go 2 school Plumptre, is it in Somerset?
AAAH !!! You found me out! And I thought my name was sooo cryptic...!!!
covered farm wagon
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I used to smoke, but gave up at Christmas time. I am reaping the health benefits, but still have the odd one. There are exceptions when I decided I'm allowed them, and exam period is one of them, which is why I'm about to have one right now. I don't care if it makes me wrinkled and stinky and unkissable - being distracted from revision by a romantic interest right now would be bad.
moon·struck
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
No, I kind of like being healthy.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by bricktops)
mate your wrong, ive done too much research about this.

it kills 120,000. BMA RESULTS FROM APRIL 2005.

http://www.bma.org.uk/ap.nsf/Content/smokescreen/$file/Behindthesmokescreen.pdf
Well, the BBC are idiots then. Do you deny the 9.3 billion income from tax revenue too? And please don't "mate" me.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Nice place Thame. I built something there once. A Leyland Daf truck showroom as I remember. 1989. :eek:
Ribomania
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
AAAH !!! You found me out! And I thought my name was sooo cryptic...!!!
Pembs College :stupido3: :tongue: Thats Wales..............

Here we go
(Original post by WCS_Website)
Plumptre is one of the two girls houses which are linked via a door and both connect to "The Hutches" a Sixth Form dorm and common room area
I thought I'd heard of it b4
Who are you............. :confused:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1114)
78.9%
Leave (298)
21.1%

Watched Threads