This discussion is closed.
dobie_gillon
Badges: 0
?
Report 16 years ago
True. do you think technic slips into his SS costume and attacks smokers on cold dark nights
Piggsil
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Smoking is VILE
I will never, ever do it!!
FrisbeeFan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I actually really like the smell of cigarette smoke - but I don't smoke and I never will!
dobie_gillon
?
Report 16 years ago
so do i. one of the reasons I started
Janealams
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
No i dont.... but this seems to be a major priority infact both alchol n smoke.
tonguetwister
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Nope smoking is the most disgusting habit anyone can have. I don't understand why people enjoy filling their lungs with tar :confused:
SilverWings
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by tonguetwister)
Nope smoking is the most disgusting habit anyone can have. I don't understand why people enjoy filling their lungs with tar :confused:
Filling your lungs with tar is mearly a side-effect... the real joy comes in the NICOTINE (which is, incase you havent heard, also addictive...) :rolleyes:
tonguetwister
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by SilverWings)
Filling your lungs with tar is mearly a side-effect... the real joy comes in the NICOTINE (which is, incase you havent heard, also addictive...) :rolleyes:
Still don't understand why people do it. Maybe it's because I have had to watch people suffer from cancer that I don't understand why people would want to increase the risk of getting the disease. I know smoking isn't a guarantee of getting ill but still its incredibly expensive, harder to do in public and makes you & everyone else smell.
SilverWings
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by tonguetwister)
Still don't understand why people do it. Maybe it's because I have had to watch people suffer from cancer that I don't understand why people would want to increase the risk of getting the disease. I know smoking isn't a guarantee of getting ill but still its incredibly expensive, harder to do in public and makes you & everyone else smell.
My gran died of lung cancer due to smoking...

Granted, I'm currently quitting but it won't last... it never does...

I smoke because I enjoy it, and because life is too short to worry about these things... I;m fully aware of the risks... we've literally JUST done a topic in Biology entitled "Smoking and disease"

I know how bad it is but... I didn't start to look cool or make myself smell or make myself ill...

I agree with it not being allowed in ANY public buildings though, others shouldn't suffer because of mine, and other peoples, habit...
tonguetwister
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

I smoke because I enjoy it, and because life is too short to worry about these things... I;m fully aware of the risks... we've literally JUST done a topic in Biology entitled "Smoking and disease"

I know how bad it is but... I didn't start to look cool or make myself smell or make myself ill...

I agree with it not being allowed in ANY public buildings though, others shouldn't suffer because of mine, and other peoples, habit...
Good luck with trying to quit. Atleast you know the risks and everything and I'm glad you support banning it in public places. It's just a shame other people aren't so considerate.

TT x
Just_Izzy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

what she said...

plus its become such a habit now, i can't imagine not smoking...
sumitk87
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
No offence intended but i hate it when i see a young person smoking ..... :mad:
I think to myslef WHY THE HELL WOULD THEY NEED TO SMOKE AT THAT AGE :eek:

Esp when i see girls my age smoking :smokin: :dontknow:
Forgotmytea
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yeah, I don't mean to offend anyone, but I really don't like smoking. I just can't see the attraction personnally. I've never smoked, and to be quite honest I'd rather drown than fill my lungs up with tar. Quicker, drowning...

-Saruman
eurasianfeline
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i can't stand people smoking in front of me. partly cos i think it's really disgusting and smells...also cos i have asthma and i'm really sensitive to smoke, and i tend to choke quite badly when people around me smoke.

my friends know well enough not to smoke in front of me (and most of them don't anyway). according to them, i'm a "walking smog detector", setting a coughing alarm in the presence of smoke, or if it's a smoggy day, i have to take rather deep breaths. :rolleyes:
StuartYates
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I tend to smoke Montecristo No. 5 Cigars and more recently Silk Cut Cigarettes. Not many though, but it does help you to get through everything, and I enjoy it, so why not?
shazzam
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
'in moderation' is the key to everything
KingAS
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yeah, i am quitting slowly, and cutting down. i still smoke occationally when i am drunk / b-days / special days. when i quit a month ago, i had pretty bad withdrawal symptoms, like restlessness and being very annoyed and paranoid for no reason.

it also depends on the crowd i hang out with. i usually dont feel the urge when i am with my gf, and also she cant stand it, so i avoid that.
KingAS
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by shazzam)
'in moderation' is the key to everything
:dito:
Just_Izzy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by KingAS)
yeah, i am quitting slowly, and cutting down. i still smoke occationally when i am drunk / b-days / special days. when i quit a month ago, i had pretty bad withdrawal symptoms, like restlessness and being very annoyed and paranoid for no reason.

it also depends on the crowd i hang out with. i usually dont feel the urge when i am with my gf, and also she cant stand it, so i avoid that.
i just can't get past the withdrawal symptons... i'm SUCH a ***** if i don't have a cigarette and I just find it so hard to quit! However, I have changed brands, not through choice, to something lighter, so you never know, that might help!
dobie_gillon
?
Report 16 years ago
I simply smoke the cheapest - Mayfair
But Ive got into the habit of thinking:
Hey these are cheaper - so I can smoke more!!

I COMPLETELY agree. Doing the same topic now. GF nudges me constantly
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (196)
55.37%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (49)
13.84%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (40)
11.3%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (33)
9.32%
I haven't started researching yet (21)
5.93%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
4.24%

Watched Threads