How many ppl get 10 or more A* GCSE's per year (in relation to a level thread)

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Godmaster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Just wondering if u know the figures for this Jesus,, or ne1... Thnx
Mr White
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
4700, this year.
Godmaster
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mr White)
4700, this year.
woa, where did u get the figures from do u know a link i cud go to and read up on it? thnx
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Godmaster)
woa, where did u get the figures from do u know a link i cud go to and read up on it? thnx
The Guardian. No link, sorry.
brasil85
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I got Five A* AND six As
Godmaster
Rep:
?
(Original post by brasil85)
I got Five A* AND six As
gd for u...but ppl on this site will thnk this is another who got the most A*s thread, if u know wot i mean so lets keep the personal grades to ourselves...thnx
not1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
4700, this year.
they should up the boundaries then
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
gd for u...but ppl on this site will thnk this is another who got the most A*s thread, if u know wot i mean so lets keep the personal grades to ourselves...thnx
Hehe, we get enough of those threads...
pikaboo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well it's always quite unusual when someone does from my town - it always gets in the paper, anyway. I think about 4 people out of 120 got 10 A*'s last year from my school, and it gets the best results in the area.
Godmaster
Rep:
?
(Original post by pikaboo)
Well it's always quite unusual when someone does from my town - it always gets in the paper, anyway. I think about 4 people out of 120 got 10 A*'s last year from my school, and it gets the best results in the area.
dunno bout london, i know i was like the only 1 in haringey.. tut tut tut lea needs to sort themselves out
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
dunno bout london, i know i was like the only 1 in haringey.. tut tut tut lea needs to sort themselves out
In my school about 6 got 10 A* and 2 got 11A*
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i think 5 out or 100 did in my year, but it might have gone up because nearly everyone's english lit went up (1 girl went from a C to an A*). there was about 16 the year before (the head ranted on for ages about how that was reord blah blah...)

lou xxx
pikaboo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
well done! I know that the number of A*-C grades are on the increase, that might include the number of A*'s too.
Godmaster
Rep:
?
(Original post by lou p lou)
i think 5 out or 100 did in my year, but it might have gone up because nearly everyone's english lit went up (1 girl went from a C to an A*). there was about 16 the year before (the head ranted on for ages about how that was reord blah blah...)

lou xxx
i agree bout the boundaries... A* in maths...83%, i didnt understand a thing that i was doin and i got a*...
most of the subjects require gd mature application of some knowledge and mostly common sense lol so u cnt go wrong if u got those then agen gcses r not easier than o levels in terms of examination. O levels intended to test more knowledge than application whereas gcses r more about application of knowledge rather than knowledge itself i think the QCA need to revive a balance between the two.
emom100
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i'm guessing everyone that had lots of people with that many people getting 10A* went to really good schools. I went to a state school that got fairly decent results and i think the highest anyone got while i was there was 8A*. I don't know anyone that got 10.
Godmaster
Rep:
?
(Original post by emom100)
i'm guessing everyone that had lots of people with that many people getting 10A* went to really good schools. I went to a state school that got fairly decent results and i think the highest anyone got while i was there was 8A*. I don't know anyone that got 10.
2nd best in my skl ever was like 6a* rest a'b and b's
julia r
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
2nd best in my skl ever was like 6a* rest a'b and b's
i was one of three in my year to get at least 10 A*s. its wrong really
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
there were none in my year. 1 in the year below.

love Katy ***
Alexander
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Ten boys in the year below me got ten A*s plus, but I do go to a seriously geeky school....
julia r
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Alexander)
Ten boys in the year below me got ten A*s plus, but I do go to a seriously geeky school....
what school do you go to?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (36)
7.88%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (37)
8.1%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (111)
24.29%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (61)
13.35%
No, nothing has changed (138)
30.2%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (74)
16.19%

Watched Threads