Turn on thread page Beta

How many ppl get 10 or more A* GCSE's per year (in relation to a level thread) watch

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if u know the figures for this Jesus,, or ne1... Thnx

ReputationRep:
    4700, this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    4700, this year.
    woa, where did u get the figures from do u know a link i cud go to and read up on it? thnx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Godmaster)
    woa, where did u get the figures from do u know a link i cud go to and read up on it? thnx
    The Guardian. No link, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    I got Five A* AND six As

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brasil85)
    I got Five A* AND six As
    gd for u...but ppl on this site will thnk this is another who got the most A*s thread, if u know wot i mean so lets keep the personal grades to ourselves...thnx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    4700, this year.
    they should up the boundaries then

ReputationRep:
    gd for u...but ppl on this site will thnk this is another who got the most A*s thread, if u know wot i mean so lets keep the personal grades to ourselves...thnx
    Hehe, we get enough of those threads...

ReputationRep:
    Well it's always quite unusual when someone does from my town - it always gets in the paper, anyway. I think about 4 people out of 120 got 10 A*'s last year from my school, and it gets the best results in the area.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    Well it's always quite unusual when someone does from my town - it always gets in the paper, anyway. I think about 4 people out of 120 got 10 A*'s last year from my school, and it gets the best results in the area.
    dunno bout london, i know i was like the only 1 in haringey.. tut tut tut lea needs to sort themselves out

ReputationRep:
    dunno bout london, i know i was like the only 1 in haringey.. tut tut tut lea needs to sort themselves out
    In my school about 6 got 10 A* and 2 got 11A*

ReputationRep:
    i think 5 out or 100 did in my year, but it might have gone up because nearly everyone's english lit went up (1 girl went from a C to an A*). there was about 16 the year before (the head ranted on for ages about how that was reord blah blah...)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    well done! I know that the number of A*-C grades are on the increase, that might include the number of A*'s too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    i think 5 out or 100 did in my year, but it might have gone up because nearly everyone's english lit went up (1 girl went from a C to an A*). there was about 16 the year before (the head ranted on for ages about how that was reord blah blah...)

lou xxx
    i agree bout the boundaries... A* in maths...83%, i didnt understand a thing that i was doin and i got a*...
    most of the subjects require gd mature application of some knowledge and mostly common sense lol so u cnt go wrong if u got those then agen gcses r not easier than o levels in terms of examination. O levels intended to test more knowledge than application whereas gcses r more about application of knowledge rather than knowledge itself i think the QCA need to revive a balance between the two.

ReputationRep:
    i'm guessing everyone that had lots of people with that many people getting 10A* went to really good schools. I went to a state school that got fairly decent results and i think the highest anyone got while i was there was 8A*. I don't know anyone that got 10.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emom100)
    i'm guessing everyone that had lots of people with that many people getting 10A* went to really good schools. I went to a state school that got fairly decent results and i think the highest anyone got while i was there was 8A*. I don't know anyone that got 10.
    2nd best in my skl ever was like 6a* rest a'b and b's

ReputationRep:
    2nd best in my skl ever was like 6a* rest a'b and b's
    i was one of three in my year to get at least 10 A*s. its wrong really

ReputationRep:
    there were none in my year. 1 in the year below.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    Ten boys in the year below me got ten A*s plus, but I do go to a seriously geeky school....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexander)
    Ten boys in the year below me got ten A*s plus, but I do go to a seriously geeky school....
    what school do you go to?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 23, 2003
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.