Fake Tan for extreme paleness

Watch
This discussion is closed.
ciara
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Right, my friend and I need some advice on fake tanning (cos we're not stupid enough to use sunbeds ).

We're both really pale and tan virgins, but want to be slightly less white for our summer holiday, since at the mo our legs are reflecting the light! Anyone got any recommendations? Need the balance between price and quality really, and not toooo orange since I am ginger and would look completely tangoed. How about those spray tan booths?

Any help wld be much appreciated
C xxx
littlegnome
Badges: 0
?
Report 16 years ago
piz buen do three shade light med and dark. choose light. or perhaps if u like a really subtle look go for bronzing powder. Boots do a lovely leg-'shimmer and tint' or something- a glittery liquid they had last year

look at page 1 and 3 of todays daily mail of why NOT to tan really.

and also, try tanning oil by hawaiian tropic in dark- protect and tan at once
~nat~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i completely empathise with the very-pale-skin-so-don't-wanna-look-tangoed-situation! My sister (who is the same) has used the St Tropez tanning booth before, that seemed to give her a nice glow without looking obviously fake.
But I prefer the tan stuff from Nivea especially for Fair Skin (i think they have a darker one for 'Normal Skin', but why fairer skin isn't normal, i'll never know!') It varies from person to person, but i find that gives me a healthy glow rather than remaining pale and interesting all summer! oh but avoid Tan Towels or Fake Bake like the plague..personally, i looked like one big orange when i used them - not a good look!
niamhster
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ~nat~)
i completely empathise with the very-pale-skin-so-don't-wanna-look-tangoed-situation! My sister (who is the same) has used the St Tropez tanning booth before, that seemed to give her a nice glow without looking obviously fake.
But I prefer the tan stuff from Nivea especially for Fair Skin (i think they have a darker one for 'Normal Skin', but why fairer skin isn't normal, i'll never know!') It varies from person to person, but i find that gives me a healthy glow rather than remaining pale and interesting all summer! oh but avoid Tan Towels or Fake Bake like the plague..personally, i looked like one big orange when i used them - not a good look!

Nivea, Body shop and St. tropez are all really good for very fair to fair skins
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by littlegnome)

look at page 1 and 3 of todays daily mail of why NOT to tan really.
eugh was going to say that!!

There are also fake tans that can wash off
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
st tropez is the best from what ive heard. my mum is obsessed. i thankfully seem to have some kind of permanent tan but being short aswell means i get called an oompa loompa :|
magiccarpet
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i think tans always look better on white people. dont worry about the orange look. it only looks awful against blond hair. i think most brunettes can totally pull off the dark skin look. its not as orange as you guys make out. the only time orange is bad is when people skip the tan and move straight to heavy thick orange foundation :puke:
magiccarpet
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by BlackHawk)
eugh was going to say that!!

There are also fake tans that can wash off
theres aome dihydroxy- something that actually stains the skin until it falls off
SammyD
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I really like the boots Soltan range, but get the lotion not the mousse as that went quite orange on me.

I'm the palest person in the world and I find St Tropez and Fake Bake to be too dark, I really prefer the colour of the cheaper ones (which is so unlike me, usually my motto is you get what you pay for). However, cheap tans don't last as long and you need to be more careful applying them.

If it all goes wrong and you can't wait for it to wash off naturally you can buy fake tan removers, or cover yourself in toothpaste to get it off. Exfoliating will make the colour lighter if it comes out too orange. (which reminds me, always exfoliate and moisturise at least a few hours before you fake tan, and moisturise your knees and elbows again just before you do it.)
magiccarpet
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
perhaps its just that u guys arent used to the dark colour thats y u dont lik it? i see white girls with dark hair and tan and i think it looks great! perhaps the new skinrone takes getting used to?
Ariel4
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
do worry about the orange look, it looks awful whatever colour hair you have. when you put fanke tan on put it on one layer at a time, wait for it develop, and then if you need more apply another layer. that helps stop the really attractive streaky look. and get someone else to do your back. you want to do it the day before you want the tan, because they usually take about 2 hours to develop. wash off ones are good, but beware of rain!
Jenna999
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
RIGHT!!

THERE IS ONLY ONE product you need for this!! It is absolutely incredible..

Johnson's Holiday Skin Body Lotion. Ony £5
Seriously, it's an all day moisturiser (really good one too, i have dry skin and atopic eczema and nothing has ever made my skin this smooth) and its got a bit of self tan in it that gradually builds up a really nice, light, natural looking tan.

I have ridiculously pale skin and am already browner after only 5 days of use every night. My friends are all using it too, dark skinned or pale, and everyone is a lot browner!! and a really nice tan colour, not orange or anything...

Recommended to all!! go and get some!! buy one get one free in boots at the moment!!
erk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Jenna999)
RIGHT!!

Seriously, it's an all day moisturiser (really good one too, i have dry skin and atopic eczema and nothing has ever made my skin this smooth) and its got a bit of self tan in it that gradually builds up a really nice, light, natural looking tan.

I have ridiculously pale skin and am already browner after only 5 days of use every night. My friends are all using it too, dark skinned or pale, and everyone is a lot browner!! and a really nice tan colour, not orange or anything...

Recommended to all!! go and get some!! buy one get one free in boots at the moment!!
And it's sold out in most. The main Notts Boots has been sold out for 1 month. Oh, and there's other products which do exactly the same thing and have been out for ages. Or, you could mix St Tropez with normal moisturiser.
niamhster
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Jenna999)
RIGHT!!

My best friend who is a beauty therapist recommends st tropez. But also the new johnsons cream that you mentioned. She is using it daily like yourself and is finding it to be great!!!
I will need to give it a try!!!
magiccarpet
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
that stuff snds good for ppl wantin subtkle tann.

for alot mor blackness try bodyshop in dark
Jenna999
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by erk)
And it's sold out in most. The main Notts Boots has been sold out for 1 month. Oh, and there's other products which do exactly the same thing and have been out for ages. Or, you could mix St Tropez with normal moisturiser.
But St Tropez costs £30 whereas this stuff only costs a fiver...
technik
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
tan < *
pale > *

the only equation you require.
RetiredAccount89
Badges: 18
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ciara)
Right, my friend and I need some advice on fake tanning (cos we're not stupid enough to use sunbeds ).

We're both really pale and tan virgins, but want to be slightly less white for our summer holiday, since at the mo our legs are reflecting the light! Anyone got any recommendations? Need the balance between price and quality really, and not toooo orange since I am ginger and would look completely tangoed. How about those spray tan booths?

Any help wld be much appreciated
C xxx
if u are ginger, stay pale.
Don't try getting tanned because u'll look silly.
if u MUSt use fake tan then use a very light one.
No Future
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Pale and interesting?
Hana_87
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I had a spray tan done, and really liked it.

However, i did go a bit too dark, especially my face, they went over it twice because i was so pale to start with! But apart from that i got compliments from everyone with people asking if i'd been on holiday!

It does wash off after 6 days though.
I was thinking of going on a sunbed (don't kill me!) as i heard they won't do excessive damage unless you use them really often (i.e more than once a week)

My mum is a beautician in a fake tanning shop, which makes things a bit easier :rolleyes:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (44)
89.8%
No (5)
10.2%

Watched Threads