Turn on thread page Beta

Fake Tan for extreme paleness watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foolfarian)
    if u are ginger, stay pale.
    Don't try getting tanned because u'll look silly.
    if u MUSt use fake tan then use a very light one.
    I was thinking of just doing my legs in a mild tan cos they are ridiculously pale and when I wear skirts it's just embarrassing. I wont be putting any on my face cos it's not pale due to numerous freckles...

ReputationRep:
    I was going to mention the Johnsons holiday skin product...but I cannot find it in any shop anywhere I'm quite dark skinned but the fact it's just giving you a sun kissed look means it would probably work really well for those of you with paler skin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenna999)
    RIGHT!!

THERE IS ONLY ONE product you need for this!! It is absolutely incredible..

Johnson's Holiday Skin Body Lotion. Ony £5
    Seriously, it's an all day moisturiser (really good one too, i have dry skin and atopic eczema and nothing has ever made my skin this smooth) and its got a bit of self tan in it that gradually builds up a really nice, light, natural looking tan.

I have ridiculously pale skin and am already browner after only 5 days of use every night. My friends are all using it too, dark skinned or pale, and everyone is a lot browner!! and a really nice tan colour, not orange or anything...

Recommended to all!! go and get some!! buy one get one free in boots at the moment!!
    Yes!!! I so totally agree. I have been using for a couple of weeks, its fantastic! But yes it has been sold out in Boots, but Superdrug have it also. I got the last bottle on the shelf, and the checkout lady told me it has been immensely popular, but also told me when the delivery dates are, so I can get it when its in!! Try asking about it, if you dont, you'll never know!! But its nice for building up a gradual tan without looking like you have been tangoed overnight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenna999)
    RIGHT!!

THERE IS ONLY ONE product you need for this!! It is absolutely incredible..

Johnson's Holiday Skin Body Lotion. Ony £5
    Seriously, it's an all day moisturiser (really good one too, i have dry skin and atopic eczema and nothing has ever made my skin this smooth) and its got a bit of self tan in it that gradually builds up a really nice, light, natural looking tan.

I have ridiculously pale skin and am already browner after only 5 days of use every night. My friends are all using it too, dark skinned or pale, and everyone is a lot browner!! and a really nice tan colour, not orange or anything...

Recommended to all!! go and get some!! buy one get one free in boots at the moment!!

totally agree i am very white normally, and this looks nice and natural, with no streaks! I have only used it twice so far, and am probably the same colour as a 'normal - (according to skin types) person' now, and i'll hopefully go browner still.

ReputationRep:
    Spray on St. Tropez is the only way to go!

ReputationRep:
    its a bit strong... l'oreal sublime bronze spray goes on more easily and the colour is pale so you build up the layers until you get the right colour for you... just remember to exfoliate, use loads of moisturiser beforehand and be liberal with the product... thats the key to no streaks... and no matter what it says on the packet, leave it a minimum of 30 mins before getting dressed/going to bed...

ReputationRep:
    A girl i know made me go to the only store in the whole of Nottingham which had any earlier and buy 4 bottles of this Johnsons, because she was embarassed.

ReputationRep:
    I am soooooo pale I'm almost blue, with no freckles, and my hair is (naturally)very dark red. I'm debating whether to use fake tan this summer. What do you think? Will it look really silly?

ReputationRep:
    has anyone tried it body lotion that gives you gradual colour i think its a dove one

ReputationRep:
    so is the St tropez worth spending out on? im very pale and need a nice tan but not too dark. whats the best sort of tan to use by St Tropez?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to bring back a week old thread, but I have a question about the Johnson Body Lotion that everyone seems to be raving about! How dark is the medium tan? Is it best to go for light? I'm not really pale so want it to show but don't want to go too dark!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciara)
    Right, my friend and I need some advice on fake tanning (cos we're not stupid enough to use sunbeds ).

We're both really pale and tan virgins, but want to be slightly less white for our summer holiday, since at the mo our legs are reflecting the light! Anyone got any recommendations? Need the balance between price and quality really, and not toooo orange since I am ginger and would look completely tangoed. How about those spray tan booths?

Any help wld be much appreciated
    C xxx
    i would use st tropez as it come out more brown than orange and is very easy to apply good luck ciara xoxo

ReputationRep:
    theres a great GREAT one for very white skins who only want a subtle tan. its by 'BRONZE AMBITION' like a thick non greasy moisturiser, and smells gorge like bananas and coconut. apply, leave for 5 mins and u are tanned for 2 weeks or so. only £2! bargain!!

ReputationRep:
    I had a St Tropez spray done last summer and that was really good, but quite pricey! The colour was nice, even, brown, not at all orange. Lasted..can't quite remember, but between a week and 2 weeks I think! But I only had it done once. They recommend that you go back within so many days to have it re-done. Actually, I was in Spain last summer and it was pretty darn hot and sweaty. Probably last longer in this country!

ReputationRep:
    Just thought I'd let ya know that the Johnson's Holiday Skin Body Lotion that everyone seems to love is buy 1 get 1 free in Superdrug!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magiccarpet)
    theres a great GREAT one for very white skins who only want a subtle tan. its by 'BRONZE AMBITION' like a thick non greasy moisturiser, and smells gorge like bananas and coconut. apply, leave for 5 mins and u are tanned for 2 weeks or so. only £2! bargain!!
    That sounds nice if even for a moisturiser! Where would I get some from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bestdeceptions)
    Just thought I'd let ya know that the Johnson's Holiday Skin Body Lotion that everyone seems to love is buy 1 get 1 free in Superdrug!
    Oooh thank you very much! It's brilliant - although I've still got a couple of streaky bits, generally it's given me a sun-kissed-ness without being too obvious. Don't you just love it when egotistical girls walk into school/college/work etc looking like they've been sleeping in orange tango - maybe it's just me, but I find it quite funny when fake tan goes wrong! (The Americans should make that into a show, with one of those guys with deep voices saying 'When fake tan goes wrong, yes America, it can go wrooooonnnng'.) I'm in a weird mood today, oh well. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bestdeceptions)
    Except it's sold out EVERYWHERE i go! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    if you really can't find it in the shops get it from www.boots.com
    I'm not sure what they charge for postage but they sell everything on that website.

ReputationRep:
    I find the light Ambre Solaire is the best, coz its light at first but it gets darker the more days you top it up..so u can choose how dark it goes by how many days u put it on, and it dont streak too much wich is good...just dont put too much on as it can smell a bit!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.