Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    if i wanted somethin 2 do within genetics what jobs could i do, and what a level subjects would i need?

ReputationRep:
    You could be a... biology teacher!!

ReputationRep:
    Or a biological anthropologist! Now thats interesting. All about the evolution of man and what role genes play in development and things like that. Hmm.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: theres no way im being a teacher after seeing the way we treat our teachers! theres gotta be sumthin else i could be!

ReputationRep:
    Or a geneticist! To think, you could create the next equivalent of killer bees....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    Or a geneticist! To think, you could create the next equivalent of killer bees....
    :eek: no please!

ReputationRep:
    lol sounds fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scout)
    if i wanted somethin 2 do within genetics what jobs could i do, and what a level subjects would i need?
    Well genetically modified bacteria were made so that these new bacteria could produce human insulin...so a job doing something like that but ideas that have not been used yet?...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scout)
    lol sounds fun
    Actually, there is a lot of work out there for geneticists who don't have any morales (to do with cloning, GM foods, etc.).

ReputationRep:
    You could do research into the biochemical components of love. Aaaw. Or similar. Biology also comes into psychology, the study of physiological reactions and stuff like that.

ReputationRep:
    Actually, there is a lot of work out there for geneticists who don't have any morales (to do with cloning, GM foods, etc.).
    Do you believe that scientists have already cloned living humans? Eugh, sick thought, you could live with one and never know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    You could do research into the biochemical components of love. Aaaw. Or similar. Biology also comes into psychology, the study of physiological reactions and stuff like that.
    4 a level could i do physcology (sp?) bio pe and history? or mayb philosophy instead of physcology?

ReputationRep:
    Do you believe that scientists have already cloned living humans? Eugh, sick thought, you could live with one and never know.
    Maybe you're a clone and you don't know it...

ReputationRep:
    maybe we r all clones

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scout)
    maybe we r all clones
    Or maybe everyone apart from you....

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it is sick really, just wrong, at this point and time anyway.
    Look at the animals they have cloned, short lifespan, genetic disorders, and of course the aging process. It would be cruel to put a human child through that. as far as being disgusted by them, well that is just another form of prejudice.

ReputationRep:
    Or maybe everyone apart from you....
    its me Vs. the clones

ReputationRep:
    You know I've thought of that, and that means there's a possibility that we all are clones too. With modified memories. Boo. Or maybe we're not really clones at all, because we're not really here.
    Scout - choose the subjects which sound the most interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    I don't think it is sick really, just wrong, at this point and time anyway.
    Look at the animals they have cloned, short lifespan, genetic disorders, and of course the aging process. It would be cruel to put a human child through that. as far as being disgusted by them, well that is just another form of prejudice.
    If you look at pictures of the inbred Habsburg degenerates, you would call that disgusting. I guess I'm prejudiced against the natural order of things like breeding - mind you, how come hamsters can be inbred yet don't suffer from so many disorders? Oh, at least I don't have to think about this sort of thing until uni.

ReputationRep:
    You could couple genetics with law and make an absolute fortune - you can bet lawyers-***-geneticists will be in demand in the near future.

Ben

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 23, 2003
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.