Which drug improves your concentration and reaction speed?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
AngelofnoColour
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Juno)
Seriously, for a long term thing try fish oil. You can either get it naturally, by eating more oily fish, or you can get it in liquid/tablet form. It has been proven to help concentration, even with people with severe ADHD. And it's more natural than lots of other pills!
fish pills, ewww I bet that tastes disgusting. But ure right, Ive read somewhere that fish oil helps memory.
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by BlueAngel)
fish pills, ewww I bet that tastes disgusting. But ure right, Ive read somewhere that fish oil helps memory.
Well, if they're in tablet form they generally don't have a taste. But you can get chewy orange flavoured ones if you prefer
SamTheMan
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Cod Liver Oil? Hmmm I've heard similar things about it but there are all kinds of memory: long-term memory isn't really what's important during revision.
pikaboo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I don't mind the taste of cod liver oil. The proper stuff, from a bottle. Mmm.
Flukey
Badges: 0
?
Report 16 years ago
thanks guys. I found the stuff I want, theyre quite cheap actually.
I was wondering, does weed do it? I know my brother smokes it and he's got loads in his room.
What we're you looking for and what did you decided to purchase?
Flukey
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by pikaboo)
I don't mind the taste of cod liver oil. The proper stuff, from a bottle. Mmm.
:eek: :eek: errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Flukey
?
Report 16 years ago
Omega 3 or something is what helps your memory and so does linseeds.
Luize
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
For Chirsts sake caffine isn't good for you.
You can easily get addicted to pro plus (or similar). You actually end up being more tired.
You put too much of a strain on everything.
Caffine doesn't really help your attention span or concentration. Most people think they can think clearer but if you are in an exam you need to be able to incorporate lots of different ideas...quite difficult when your mind has got stuck on one idea and has run away with it.
It won't help with stress either...it will increase you blood pressure even more. Would also keep you awake, meaning you don't get enough sleep which is essential for learning.

Just eat healthily, make sure you get the right vits and mins. Sleep enough, drink enough water and then if you are still not happy go to your doctor.
Debussy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Luize)
You can easily get addicted to pro plus (or similar). You actually end up being more tired.
Caffine doesn't really help your attention span or concentration. Most people think they can think clearer but if you are in an exam you need to be able to incorporate lots of different ideas...quite difficult when your mind has got stuck on one idea and has run away with it.
It won't help with stress either...it will increase you blood pressure even more. Would also keep you awake, meaning you don't get enough sleep which is essential for learning.

Just eat healthily, make sure you get the right vits and mins. Sleep enough, drink enough water and then if you are still not happy go to your doctor.
thats really good advice... but seeing as its the middle of exams, most people need a quick fix to tide them over week or two... even i chase proplus with diet coke around now... it can't be helped...
Luize
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yeh, Although I have know people to accidently get hooked on proplus and caffine and not be able to function without it.
You just really need to be careful with it. Hmm I feel silly saying that...you just need to know about it really.
Hanzing
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You can get these weird 'Smoothie' things which disguises fish oils etc.. We got a free sample sent in the post. Like Banana smoothie with fish oils.. Great for getting kids to have some nutrience.
We havent tried it yet.
Inverurie Jones
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I dont know much about drugs. I'm really bad at concentrating and loads of people have told me I'm very slow to react especially in driving. It really gets me down, I think I'm dyselexic even though I'm not diagnosed with it, I can never think quickly.

Is there a particular drug legal or illegal that can solve this?
Anyone tried it? Is it harmful?

Love BlueAngel xxx
Adrenalin.
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
?
(Original post by Luize)

I hardly sleep though, thats the problem probably and Ive been taking herbal sleeping pills, and they dont work. This week, I think Ive had about all together 5 hours sleep.
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
?
(Original post by Flukey)
What we're you looking for and what did you decided to purchase?
Pro plus - theyre only £4.55.
http://www.britsuperstore.com/acatalog/Pro_Plus_.html
No Future
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I don't think drugs are the answer. Maybe a temporary fix, but long term won't help, possible addiction etc.
Inverurie Jones
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
thanks guys. I found the stuff I want, theyre quite cheap actually.
I was wondering, does weed do it? I know my brother smokes it and he's got loads in his room.
Heh. Someone asking if weed will stop them being dull-witted and slow. Look at your average social science student...
shazzam
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
pro plus is the answer to all of lifes problems
Inverurie Jones
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by shazzam)
pro plus is the answer to all of lifes problems
Unless your problems include an addiction to pro-plus... :p:
Luize
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Inverurie Jones)
Unless your problems include an addiction to pro-plus... :p:
Or insomnia. Or caffine sensitivity. Or hyperness.
Inverurie Jones
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Luize)
Or insomnia. Or caffine sensitivity. Or hyperness.
Or a weak bladder...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (46)
90.2%
No (5)
9.8%

Watched Threads