Turn on thread page Beta

what does this mean?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Include details of any trial experimens that you plan to carry out to help decide what evidence to collect or how to collect it. ???
    what the hell does that mean

my investigation is the effect exercise has on the pulse rate.

this is the last part of my plan.
    do u know what it means??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kish)
    Include details of any trial experimens that you plan to carry out to help decide what evidence to collect or how to collect it. ???
    what the hell does that mean

my investigation is the effect exercise has on the pulse rate.

this is the last part of my plan.
    do u know what it means??
    Basically, say you did an experiment before the real one (a preliminary experiment) and that by doing this experiment you found the results you need to get a decent range of data so you know the parameters.Show evidence of the preliminary expt.

ReputationRep:
    In psychology we call them pilot studies, the're like a test run to see if the real experiment will run smoothly and to identifiy any problems with the method before you carry out the real thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    In psychology we call them pilot studies, the're like a test run to see if the real experiment will run smoothly and to identifiy any problems with the method before you carry out the real thing.
    so can u give me any examples??????

so what sort of things would you do if your carrying out a eperiment to see if exercise effects the pulse rate?????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kish)
    so can u give me any examples??????

so what sort of things would you do if your carrying out a eperiment to see if exercise effects the pulse rate?????
    just do the experiment you are going to do to make sure it runs smoothly and to decide which parameters to use.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.