Exam stress Watch

This discussion is closed.
foxo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Higher English tomorrow, and for some reason my stomach has turned to stone, I'm trembling, and for no apparant reason, my balls hurt. I took my last exams in my stride, too. It's just that all day, the words "If I don't get an 'A' I'm f*cked" have been going through my mind.

This is horrible. I hate exams.
need_money
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Aww! I wonder if thats what i'll be like next year. I was ok this year with my Standard Grades so it'll be weird if i am.
foxo
Rep:
?
As I said, I didn't have it for Standard Grades either. Which is weird, because I'd hardly done a jot of work towards them.
kookabura
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I know everybody says it, and its probably the last thing you want to here but try not to panic. I'm being incredibly hypocritical saying that - I'm sat here stressing about my exam tomorrow as well!! But you should be fine. If you panic then you are more likely to make silly mistakes, and forget the stuff that you did know. If you don't know stuff by know you won't know it, so try not to think about it, flick back over your notes if you really want to. But just take it as it comes. Good Luck!!
foxo
Rep:
?
That went really well. I feel great now.
Mrs_F
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I don't have exams but I have huge "assignment stress" right now. Two assignments, two weeks and I have to get a 2:1 argh help.
musicbloke
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The best thing you can do is get some proper sleep tonight - drink camourmile tea (with honey) and try and relax. Stress doesn't help at all.

MB
pink_lucie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by musicboy)
The best thing you can do is get some proper sleep tonight - drink camourmile tea (with honey) and try and relax. Stress doesn't help at all.

MB
i thought you were supposed to be horrible or somehing? :confused:
musicbloke
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by gossip_girl)
Horrible, no (unless you listen to lies spread by the likes of Rushda, Englishstudent, and magic carpet); sarcastic, yes - if I feel it will effectively show someone how stupid they're being.

MB
pink_lucie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by musicboy)
Horrible, no (unless you listen to lies spread by the likes of Rushda, Englishstudent, and magic carpet); sarcastic, yes - if I feel it will effectively show someone how stupid they're being.

MB
oooooooooooooooooooh ok
covered farm wagon
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by foxo)
Higher English tomorrow, and for some reason my stomach has turned to stone, I'm trembling, and for no apparant reason, my balls hurt. I took my last exams in my stride, too. It's just that all day, the words "If I don't get an 'A' I'm f*cked" have been going through my mind.

This is horrible. I hate exams.
Relaxing is the way forward. Not lying down watching TV relaxing, but do some revision and try and get yourself feeling that you're really prepared for it. If you've looked through your notes and done a bit of reading, you should feel like you'll be able to have a really good go at the paper tomorrow. Maybe have a nice bath and a hot drink before bed, and tidy away your notes before you go to sleep, so that you can have a really good night's sleep and wake up feeling organised. And remember, even if you don't get an A (which I'm sure you will!), it's not the end of the world; I'm trying to avoid saying anything too cheesy, so yeah, you'll be fabulous!
sugarplumc
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by gossip_girl)
I like musicboy. He's a horn player (or ex-horn player anyway) so obviously really cool
musicbloke
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by sugarplumc)
I like musicboy. He's a horn player (or ex-horn player anyway) so obviously really cool
why thank you my dear. yes, ex-horn player is correct (but I still know my way round the repertoire)

MB
Ferret_messiah
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The trick to dealing with exam stress is high quality hallucinogens and lots of them. You can't be stressed when the walls are dancing.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (78)
19.45%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (163)
40.65%
Nope, not that interesting (160)
39.9%

Watched Threads