The Student Room Group

Edexcel Unit 6 tips?

I know there are a lot of threads on this unit but none have really included how to tackle the a and b question, in terms of technique.

For what questions would you recommend to:

Consider the provenance of the sources

Cross-reference the sources

Infer from the sources?

For question b I'm going to try and slip in the odd historical school of thought, and a parallel with another historical period, if relevant. Should I learn a couple of quotes from historians of the period I'm studying, do you think?

Thanks. :yes:
this is exactly what Ive been wanting to find out on here. I have no idea how to get a good grade because its not about the content its about the technique....PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP!
I'm fine with the b) question because it's clear which interpretations should be discussed (ideology, economic concerns, mistrust, US to blame, USSR to blame etc) but the A question is what I struggle with! Especially the ones about specific events/actions like the Marshall Plan or Cuban Missile Crisis. I mean, how can you write an entire essay on how the Marshall Plan intensified the Cold War?! any specific tips on those two would be much appreciated

Latest

Trending

Trending