Turn on thread page Beta

Does this mean i'm diabetic? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red665)
    need_money, if you're worried about this enough to start up a thread on here, take 15 minutes or so and go to the doctor about it. And whilst you're at it, get your eyes examined - that problem might be as simple to fix as getting a pair of specs.

The doctor and/or optician are the only people who you can really rely on to give you a proper medical opinion.

(oh, and as a ps: having read a few other posts of yours, it might be an idea to get yourself screened for STIs too whilst you're at the docs....)
    I hate going to the doctor unless i absolutely need to. I feel like i'm making a fuss going to the doctors. The eyesight thing i'm thinking of going to an opticians about (i've never been to an opticians in my life :eek: ) and the STI thing i am actually getting checked out. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by need_money)
    I hate going to the doctor unless i absolutely need to. I feel like i'm making a fuss going to the doctors. The eyesight thing i'm thinking of going to an opticians about (i've never been to an opticians in my life :eek: ) and the STI thing i am actually getting checked out. :rolleyes:
    I hate going to the Dr too, but when it's something as serious as you thinking you have diabetes then surely a simple test will put your mind at rest? The most difficault thing to remember is that to the Dr you're just another case... something they've seen a thousand times before possibly! Best just take a deep breath and go make the appointment.

If you've never been to an opticians before, then I strongly recommend you going now, especially if you're having problems with your eyes. Your eyesight is one of the most precious things you've got - don't jepodise it over not wanting to go and put on the silly glasses for an hour or two. Also, the opticians will be able to look into the back of your eye and can make sure there's nothing going on there to do with nerve endings and stuff (mmm, technical). So make an appointment for that, too.

Glad to hear it about the STIs check.

Just eat tonnes of sugar and see what happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Just eat tonnes of sugar and see what happens.
    :hmpf:

ReputationRep:
    It could just be dehydration, try drinking a lot of fluids (water!) and take it easy. I suffer from constant tiredness and things that could be diabetes but i know its not. You're young and healthy so its probably nothing serious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    as I've said before - test yourself. There are two tests - first you can taste your urine. If t's sweet you prb have diabetes. Also, if you mix benedict's solution with your urine and get a brick red precipitate then that would also suggest diabetes.

MB
    You only suggested the second test though, I was the one bringing in 17th centuary medical techniques.

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.