Report 13 years ago
More to the point...what is it?
kookabura
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
http://www.bio-oil.info/
You can get it from superdrug and boots etc. I have been using it since Jan, I had a back operation and have a 3 inch scar. I wanted it to fade by the summer enough to wear a backless dress for the summer ball at uni. It has made a huge improvement!!! I started using it as soon the stiches were out it wasn't open anymore. I have used it twice a day since Jan, you just massage a few drops of the oil into the scar, stretch marks or whatever it is you want to go.
Inverurie Jones
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Oh, right. No, I'm quite soggy enough.
kookabura
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Inverurie Jones)
Oh, right. No, I'm quite soggy enough.
:confused: being thick, sorry. :confused:
Inverurie Jones
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Thought it was a moisturiser for a second, there... :p:

It looks quite handy. Would it get rid of burns and things?
john williams
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hey iv been using this for a little scar i got, when falling off my bike. lol..Iv been using it for a few months and as of yet no difference, although i think you have to apply it twice a day and i only remember once. It was recommended to me as being very effective, but may take time.
kookabura
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Inverurie Jones: Not directly a moisturiser but one of the uses of it is for dehydrated skin.

The only problem with it is its an oil, so when I have put it on my back I need to leave it to soak in until I can put a t shirt on top, have got oily marks on some clothes that wont come out.
frost105
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I use it at night as a moisturiser and have used it on scra on my arm and it does work but it takes months not weeks to work.
kookabura
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by frost105)
... used it on scra on my arm and it does work but it takes months not weeks to work.
I know, I think I have had such an improvement in mine because it was a really recent one. It will take longer to work if its an older scar. But having said that I have been using it for 5 months now.....
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I've just started using it but perserverance is the key with this i think.
Mrs_F
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Can you just get it off the shelf or do you have to ask the pharmacist for it? Does it work for spots does anyone know?
frost105
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by lynseyweth)
Can you just get it off the shelf or do you have to ask the pharmacist for it? Does it work for spots does anyone know?
I had to get it over the counter in my local pharmacy but I think you can get it just on the shelf. I use it over night as a moisturiser and think its great. I also found it cleared my acne scars a treat. I wouldnt say it was a treatment for spots though.
Mrs_F
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by frost105)
I had to get it over the counter in my local pharmacy but I think you can get it just on the shelf. I use it over night as a moisturiser and think its great. I also found it cleared my acne scars a treat. I wouldnt say it was a treatment for spots though.
It sounds quite like a miracle treatment after reading about it - it can get rid of stretchmarks and alsorts! How much is it?
frost105
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by lynseyweth)
It sounds quite like a miracle treatment after reading about it - it can get rid of stretchmarks and alsorts! How much is it?
About £7 but you do have to perservere with it it can take several months and you need to use it twice a day.
amo1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
my mum used it on a scar she had and iut was quite good, but expensive and u have to remember to do it most nights
magiccarpet
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i think its a ripoff for using on minor scars.

for spots-tea tree oil

for minor scars: pure vitamin E oil or evening primrose oil- rub stright onto skin
frost105
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by magiccarpet)

for spots-tea tree oil

for minor scars: pure vitamin E oil or evening primrose oil- rub stright onto skin
This works a lot better tha vitamin e oil. I've used vitamin e oil since I was a teenager and bio oil was 10 times better.
kookabura
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by magiccarpet)

for spots-tea tree oil

It uses vitamin E as well as other things. Vitamin E is meant to help but so are other oils etc, lavender is meant to be good. Bio Oil has vit E, vit A, lavender, rosemary and other things in. The price isnt that bad really, its less than £10 for the bottle, and it lasts for ages, only used one bottle for 5 months. Need to get a new one soon though!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1275)
79.69%
Leave (325)
20.31%

Watched Threads