Hravan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
:mad2:

Very annoyed with my college. In my A level exam today there was a word I didn’t know or understand. Now when I did GCSE I was allowed to put my hand up and ask the meaning of a word if I was stuck. I never did that but today I tried it. Invigilator said “No, I can’t help you with anything on the exam.” Fair enough. So I struggled through the paper trying to answer the question which I didn’t understand because they decided to use this stupid word.
Anyhoo, came out of the exam and guess what? Most of the other people doing the exam (I’m in a separate room from the rest as I use a computer) didn’t understand it either. So quite a lot of them put up their hands and asked. It was a big room so there were a few invigilators who proceeded to do different things. Some said “I can’t help you but try to work it out and I will tell you if you’re correct” and nodded when they guessed correctly. Others actually went out of the room to a dictionary and then proceeded to tell anyone who asked them the definition. :stomp:

So obviously, I’m extremely pissed off. I go see the exam officer and she said “No, your friends are lying. I have the invigilator here and the only thing they said to people was “You have to work it out from your own knowledge.”"
BLATANT LIES!!!!!!!! :fuhrer:

Been to see one of my teachers and she’s had lots and lots of people coming to her asking about it and telling her what definition the invigilators gave them so **** you exams officer. :mad:

Yes, so I needed to rant. :rant: Anyone else have any stories about how your invigilators have ****** things up?

(Please do not ask me or try to guess what exam this was. Or the word. I’m not going to tell you until tomorrow. If you think you know what exam I’m talking about or if you sat it, don’t mention it.)
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm afraid your invigilator was in the right.. they're not supposed to help you with ANYTHING on the exam.
However, it's not fair that you were given a disadvantage in comparison to the other students sitting the exam, so you should go to your head of year and explain what happened.. then he might be able to sort something.. I don't know what though, the others basically cheated if you read through the rules set by the exam board!
Cardozo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My inivigilator was wearing ******* flip flops! FLIP FLOP FLIP FLOP FLIP FLOP FLIP FLOP.

"SIT THE **** DOWN!"
DarkWhite
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Lyndon1504)
I dunno about you, but the invigilator at our college is a right fat *****
Ok? Why mention that? :/ Did she **** up your exam because she dropped a cheeseburger onto your exam paper, or do you just not like fat people?
likasombodie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
one of my invigilators is a hot blonde babe
onthejubileeline
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
They are on some massive power trip. I was working at a venue for Uni exams serving coffee for a few weeks during the exam period and the invigilators were by far the rudest customers I have ever served. Plus, this one invigilator was a total letch, for some reason he thought it was a great idea to tell me and my (female!) workmates how much he enjoyed seeing the young female students wearing short skirts and the like. I almost projectile vomited all over him, I still shudder remembering it.
Lyndon1504
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by DarkWhite)
Ok? Why mention that? :/ Did she **** up your exam because she dropped a cheeseburger onto your exam paper, or do you just not like fat people?
She kept talking all the way through the exam, either making everyone hand in their calculator lids (which we've been told are allowed as long as they dont have formulae on) but she made everyone hand them in, 10mins into the exam...
and she told all these GCSE kids these instructions, which delayed the start of the exam, then5min in said it didnt apply!

I got nothing against her being fat :P just ranting haha
pamelaa
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Lol what the ****; we don't ask them anything about the exam.
Mr_Steve_Stifler
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I know what exam it was, it just ****** up my chance to do law at uni. I cried, I'm a guy and i cried.
nadiah
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
woah, that's horrible - although your examiner was in the right, the fact that others had more help than you isn't fair! Deffo keep complaining.
I hate it when invigilators just stand in front of you for ages, it's like "AGHHH YOU'RE PUTTING ME OFF, GO AWAY!" >.< lol
Tweener
Report 10 years ago
Sounds like you lot had it easy...

Every exam the talked to each other,fought with other students,disrupted me,tried to get me to finish early,cleaned desks & they even gave one lad 30mins extra time just for the sake of it because he wouldn't leave.

WTF??
chipskylark
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
the invigilator in my music exam started flicking through the cds that were next to the cd player. someone next to me told her to stop being so distracting. thankfully, she stopped.
nitta_natta
Report 10 years ago
arrghh i hate them 2 the one that sat im mine today i had finished my work and i asked if i could leave...he looked straight down my top. arghh fat *******
SpiritedAway
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
At least your invidulator came to you. Mine was too busy reading to notice I had my hand up waiting for paper :shifty:. 5 minutes.
Oh, and then the actual head of exams whose whispering voice is probably actually louder than his normal voice!
Hravan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Actually turns out that the definition the invigilators were giving out was wrong anyway. The word was despotic. (How far do you agree with the view in Source 6 that Hitler's regime was a despotic tyranny?) Some told them it meant evil, others said it meant chaos.
So everyone in the college is pretty much buggered... :woo:
Aramiss18
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You are all bashing the invigilators but from my experience they are all right and quite nice people - i've even seen one guy around town who nodded as he recognised me. However at my old school there was a funny invigilator - nicknamed Herman the German - and he was a bit of a noob becuase his accent made me lol everytime.
nathan2010
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by SpiritedAway)
At least your invidulator came to you. Mine was too busy reading to notice I had my hand up waiting for paper :shifty:. 5 minutes.
Oh, and then the actual head of exams whose whispering voice is probably actually louder than his normal voice!
Yeah I hate that whispering which is just whisper-shouting :yep:
username291885
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I hate that invigilators like to play games (My English teacher was telling me, herself a former invigilator) where they stand at the front and all wonder who they think will, for example, 'Get pregnant first' or 'Who is the biggest virgin', and then they stand behind who they think it is to show the other invigilators.

I always wondered why they stand behind people's chairs, and its very distracting once you know.
moneymakerRP
Report 10 years ago
i hate them with passion because they stare at you while you're working
running_with_scissors
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
A despot is the same as a tyrant, so I'm sure a lot of people will be OK if they answered the question referring to the tyranny.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (182)
61.9%
Yes- I don't like it (12)
4.08%
No- I want it (78)
26.53%
No- I don't want it (22)