ITGS anyone? Watch

This discussion is closed.
die'
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
BUT i consider i.t.g.s to be the easiest subject of all time, the technical side of the sylabus is so damn easy, any typical internet user would know the answer to those, although i could be wrong but for me i corrected the teacher while explaining the technical stuff a couple of times, as for essays and stuff thats all issues, ethical this social that lol and i find it easy, all u have to do is visualize whats going on :P

got a 7 in every single i.t.g.s exam (we take an exam set from different past papers after every chapter) and i got 6s and 7s on my portfolios but 15 from 35 on my project coz the itgs teacher HATES MY GUTS fricking brick
BigFatJoe
Report 13 years ago
after every chapter? i didnt know there were chapters in ITGS
die'
Report 13 years ago
yeah well we use this book that goes amazingly well with the sylabus, so yeah we do chapter tests but the book is mostly for the technical stuff, issues and that crap is through class discussion using some guideline questions from time to time

:rolleyes:
manakos
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by die')
yeah well we use this book that goes amazingly well with the sylabus, so yeah we do chapter tests but the book is mostly for the technical stuff, issues and that crap is through class discussion using some guideline questions from time to time

:rolleyes:
We also use a book called "Computer Confluence" or something like that (completely bs book!), but we don't write test apart from the mocks..By the way which book di you use?
blabber92
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by manakos)
We also use a book called "Computer Confluence" or something like that (completely bs book!), but we don't write test apart from the mocks..By the way which book di you use?
We also used that book. "Used" meaning kept it somewhere underneath the bed at home for two years after the teacher gave it to us and never mentioned it again .
die'
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by blabber92)
We also used that book. "Used" meaning kept it somewhere underneath the bed at home for two years after the teacher gave it to us and never mentioned it again .
thats what we really used, read it in class every period, followed by reading an article related to the chapter from wired.com, then discussing the technical side briefly followed by issues that can come up from this technology
THE_FLO
Report 13 years ago
More or less the same here, we did some work in the first month or two and then the teacher just quit coming for the lessons. Well, he was always saying that only people who are keen in it and interested in it will take the subject because they can actually do quite well without any studies.
I am not gonna revise at all, got 70% in mocks.... happy with that...
BTW, in the mocks I found out that there are actually options in IT as well so I am hoping that at least 2 of them will be interesting, then I should be ok.

As for my project I did an extremely complicated spread-sheet program that was supposed to assign free teachers for covers and subjects .... The thing that is 95% of the time done in databases.. Decided to take the plunge and went for it. Was hell lot of work but I was quite successful. Nevertheless, the predicted grade was only 25/35. Portfolios 19/25 on average.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1119)
78.91%
Leave (299)
21.09%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed