Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anybody got ideas when the interview dates for Veterinary Science are at both Edinburgh and RVC?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pollo Loco)
    Anybody got ideas when the interview dates for Veterinary Science are at both Edinburgh and RVC?
    My friend had an interview at RVC last week.

ReputationRep:
    I had an interview there (the RVC) a couple of weeks ago. Edinburgh aren't until Jan - March. Have you applied to study Vet Med there??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyche)
    I had an interview there (the RVC) a couple of weeks ago. Edinburgh aren't until Jan - March. Have you applied to study Vet Med there??

Yep applied to Edinburgh, Cambidge, RVC and Bristol

I've got interview at Bristol Next week and Cambridge 10th Dec

ReputationRep:
    Yep applied to Edinburgh, Cambidge, RVC and Bristol

I've got interview at Bristol Next week and Cambridge 10th Dec
    Almost the same as me, bar one. Bristol's too close to me so I chose Glasgow instead (the furthest away I could get!). What College have you applied to? Magdalene here, on the 11th.

So you haven't heard from the RVC?? They sent their letters out during the postal strike, and ended up having to phone the people they'd offered interviews. That was at the end of October though. Maybe they're interviewing in two sets??? Admittedly, the did have their interviews early.

Good luck for the Bristol interview!

ReputationRep:
    Almost the same as me, bar one. Bristol's too close to me so I chose Glasgow instead (the furthest away I could get!). What College have you applied to? Magdalene here, on the 11th.

So you haven't heard from the RVC?? They sent their letters out during the postal strike, and ended up having to phone the people they'd offered interviews. That was at the end of October though. Maybe they're interviewing in two sets??? Admittedly, the did have their interviews early.

Good luck for the Bristol interview!
    Applied to Girton and mine is the 11th as well (travel on 10th).

Did ring RVC last week and was told letters were going out. Do they send 'no interview' letters?

Seem to recall that Edinburgh have late interview dates and letters don't go out till early next year. Not sure of this info though.

ReputationRep:

Did ring RVC last week and was told letters were going out. Do they send 'no interview' letters?

Seem to recall that Edinburgh have late interview dates and letters don't go out till early next year. Not sure of this info though.

I'm not sure if they send no interview letters. I feel guilty now - hope I haven't depressed you about not hearing from them. I know I'd feel really hacked off. I know it says in the prospectus that they try to contact people as soon as possible....so I guess it's back to post-watching.

Edinburgh: yeah, they have late interviews. Scotland seem to be generally slooooow. I like to moan about their slowness. Nobody I've spoken to (who hasn't applied there before) have heard from them yet.

ReputationRep:

Oh wow you have an interview from Bristol!!! I havent heard from them yet...I have an offer from Edinburgh and had an interview at RVC on November 4th...Do you want to email me? My email is [email protected]...I really want an interview at bristol....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjf)
    Oh wow you have an interview from Bristol!!! I havent heard from them yet...I have an offer from Edinburgh and had an interview at RVC on November 4th...Do you want to email me? My email is [email protected]...I really want an interview at bristol....
    I knew you'd make an appearance in this thread eventually.

ReputationRep:
    yeh well....it took me a while!!!

ReputationRep:
    yeh well....it took me a while!!! have you heard anything from RVC yet!? Hoping that something will happen next week!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjf)
    yeh well....it took me a while!!!
    Shame on you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjf)
    yeh well....it took me a while!!! have you heard anything from RVC yet!? Hoping that something will happen next week!
    Nope! How come I didn't see that bit about the RVC in my first reply?? Ohhh I'm going mad. Anyway, my answer...

Did ring RVC last week and was told letters were going out
    Here's hoping one of those letters has my name on it. Next week......defo.......

ReputationRep:

Here's hoping one of those letters has my name on it. Next week......defo.......
    God yeh...I think we have been thinking about it for too long now!!! You never know it could be on the tracker tomorrow!?! LOL! I think that they let you know through UCAS dont they? If that is the case then it will be on the tracker first.... just a thought!
    Yeh edinburgh usually interview between Jan- March....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjf)
    God yeh...I think we have been thinking about it for too long now!!! You never know it could be on the tracker tomorrow!?! LOL! I think that they let you know through UCAS dont they? If that is the case then it will be on the tracker first.... just a thought!
    Yeh edinburgh usually interview between Jan- March....

What do you mean it could be?? It WILL be damnit. Regardless of the fact I've been telling myself that every day for the past 2 weeks, it WILL be there. Some Unis send out letters first actually, saying stuff like "we will be shortly giving you an offer", so there's no way of knowing. That will not stop me logging into the tracker every 3 hours tomorrow however.

Hmm, I think we sabotaged this thread.

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean it could be?? It WILL be damnit. Regardless of the fact I've been telling myself that every day for the past 2 weeks, it WILL be there. Some Unis send out letters first actually, saying stuff like "we will be shortly giving you an offer", so there's no way of knowing. That will not stop me logging into the tracker every 3 hours tomorrow however.

Hmm, I think we sabotaged this thread.
    Well I did actually answer the question so....there we are! LOL! Yeh in the prospectus it says that results of interview will be sent via UCAS I think...the page with the rabbit on! LOL! Ive almost read the print off that page!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjf)
    Well I did actually answer the question so....there we are! LOL! Yeh in the prospectus it says that results of interview will be sent via UCAS I think...the page with the rabbit on! LOL! Ive almost read the print off that page!
    Ahh, the rabbit page, as opposed to the horse page, or calf page, or woman sitting at a desk page. You're not the only one who's going for gold in reading their prospectus you know.

Happy waiting.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, the rabbit page, as opposed to the horse page, or calf page, or woman sitting at a desk page. You're not the only one who's going for gold in reading their prospectus you know.

Happy waiting.
    If only they knew the damage they were doing! LOL!....email me as soon as you hear anything...Ill have everything crossed!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if they send no interview letters. I feel guilty now - hope I haven't depressed you about not hearing from them. I know I'd feel really hacked off. I know it says in the prospectus that they try to contact people as soon as possible....so I guess it's back to post-watching.

Edinburgh: yeah, they have late interviews. Scotland seem to be generally slooooow. I like to moan about their slowness. Nobody I've spoken to (who hasn't applied there before) have heard from them yet.

No problem was probably my 4th choice, would like interview though.

Not got anything on the UCAS site yet. Do unis that turn you down post on UCAS fairly quickly?

Problem with vet science is the waiting, some of my friends doing more mundane subjects have offers already.

ReputationRep:
    No problem was probably my 4th choice, would like interview though.

Not got anything on the UCAS site yet. Do unis that turn you down post on UCAS fairly quickly?

Problem with vet science is the waiting, some of my friends doing more mundane subjects have offers already.
    Dont write edinburgh off completely as it is a very nice vet school...have you been to look around? Summerhall is really old, and Easterbush is the complete opposite...the accommodation is also very good....what would be your first choice?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.