Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im doing an experiment on how the length of a piece of wire affects the resitance. I know that the longer the length themore resistance becuase the electrons have further to travel causing more collisions when they are trying to complete te circuit. Im on my conclusion, and i need a much more detailed explanation for al this rubbish!!! Geez, i hate all this work!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jemima)
    Im on my conclusion, and i need a much more detailed explanation for al this rubbish!!! Geez, i hate all this work!
    What have you done so far?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jemima)
    Im doing an experiment on how the length of a piece of wire affects the resitance. I know that the longer the length themore resistance becuase the electrons have further to travel causing more collisions when they are trying to complete te circuit. Im on my conclusion, and i need a much more detailed explanation for al this rubbish!!! Geez, i hate all this work!
    talk about the thickness of the wire, the material of the wire etc etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    What have you done so far?
    Err i just realised how crap my spellin was. Soz. Erm ive basically wrote about the patterns on my graph n how the resistance is proportional to the length. I need a detailed explanation why it is tho.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Caddie)
    talk about the thickness of the wire, the material of the wire etc etc
    i didnt experiment with ether of those. i basically need to write a detailed conlusion on why te length of a wire affeced the resistance. i need to go into more detail than 'the electrons have to travel fuher causing mor colisions between them and the atoms'

ReputationRep:
    what help do you need, thats one of the easiest pieces of gcse science courseworks i had to do. i got 26/30; level 7.7.7.5.

ReputationRep:
    check out the similer thread box at the bottom of this page, there are many!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    check out the similer thread box at the bottom of this page, there are many!
    For some reason 'Being Ugly' and 'God' are included in that list?! Maybe there's some off topic talk in them (?).

---

http://www.uk-learning.net/attachmen...ttachmentid=10

ANALYSING EVIDENCE
    Explain simply what was shown by the evidence
    Use simple graphs / charts / diagrams to help explain evidence Identify trends or patterns in the evidence
    Use graphs (line of best fit) charts, diagrams or numerical methods to process evidence for conclusion
    Draw conclusions from evidence and explain using scientific knowledge and understanding
    Use detailed scientific knowledge and understanding to explain valid conclusions from processed evidence
    Explain how conclusion supports or undermines original prediction

EVALUATING EVIDENCE
    Relevant comment about procedure or evidence obtained
    Comment on quality of evidence and IDENTIFY unexpected / abnormal results (anomalies)
    Comment on suitability of procedure and suggest improvements
    Comment on reliability of results and whether the evidence is enough to support a firm conclusion. Account for anomalies
    Describe, in detail, further work to provide additional (extra) relevant evidence

ReputationRep:
    if you can i need a detailed conclusion on the resistance of a wire. i only got four days to hand in my coursework and you said it was easy. i just need a conclusion

ReputationRep:
    The resistance of a wire is directly proportional to the length, but inversely proportional to the cross sectional area of the wire.

ReputationRep:
    Do you learn R = ρl/A at GCSE (where ρ = resistivity, l = length, A = cross sectional area)?

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.