Does Applying early Matter at LSE?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
HammaL
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
I ve red somewhere in this fourm that LSE don't give offers until January (ucas deadline) so do u guys/girls think applying early'd matter that much?
I 'm applying for Maths and Economics at LSE...not so sure if i 'd be at a dissadvantage if i send off my ucas by Dec.
Lemmi know what u think
Cheers
Elle
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Well they don't offer you a place until the deadline.. but there will probably be loads of applications being sent in at that time so the admissions tutor will have to look at yours and 20 others in the same day. Whereas if you apply early they can probably spend longer deciding if your good enough. I think you should send it in as soon as poss.. jus so you have piece of mind Good Luck!
Tek
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
Well they don't offer you a place until the deadline.. but there will probably be loads of applications being sent in at that time so the admissions tutor will have to look at yours and 20 others in the same day. Whereas if you apply early they can probably spend longer deciding if your good enough. I think you should send it in as soon as poss.. jus so you have piece of mind Good Luck!
Yes...the sooner the better.
babylon
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by HamaL)
I ve red somewhere in this fourm that LSE don't give offers until January (ucas deadline) so do u guys/girls think applying early'd matter that much?
I 'm applying for Maths and Economics at LSE...not so sure if i 'd be at a dissadvantage if i send off my ucas by Dec.
Lemmi know what u think
Cheers

Don't worry cos LSE is the 'fairest' uni, it doesn't make offers like all the other unis that have started. they wait till all applications have been received. but thats only LSE, if u apply late to really competitive unis like nottingham......i'm not so sure, cos they started making offers as they received applications. also LSE.......sometimes u have to wait till March to hear from them, thats how slow they r.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (36)
13.53%
Virtual campus tours/open days (59)
22.18%
Live streaming events (25)
9.4%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (27)
10.15%
A uni comparison tool (62)
23.31%
An in-person event when available (57)
21.43%