Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    OK, I am getting slightly worried about my sanity. I had my biochemistry exam today and because it was done on a computer (in exam conditions though), it told you the result at the end.

I got 82% (41/50) and I know that is good. The first year is just pass/fail anyway so I passed easily. However, I am still annoyed with myself. I had an hour spare to look through my answers and make sure I hadn't made any mistakes but I was too impatient and just finished the test straight away to see what I got. If I had spent that extra hour checking my answers I probably would have got an extra few marks.

I know this sounds as though I am being stupid...and I suppose I am, but I still feel as though I did bad! I came out of the exam all miserable! As I say, I am begining to think I am going mad and trying to be too much of a perfectionist! Anyone else had a similar situation? Please reassure me that i'm not being a complete **** here!

(BTW - this isn't a show-off thread....the mark I got sounds good but the exam was fairly easy and I suspect everyone got decent marks - so mine is by no means exceptional).

ReputationRep:
    It does sound as though you have a bit of obsession but i have felt like that except it was A level I needed the highest mark possible to pass

ReputationRep:
    On the one hand, setting high standards for yourself is one way of making sure you achieve high results. On the other hand, your mental health can be seriously damaged by unduly pressuring yourself. It's for you to find your own balance.

ReputationRep:
    82% is great!!! much better than my 1st year biochem module!!!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 14, 2005
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.