The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
17 A*s and I did them all in the same year and got 100% in each and the teachers bowed down to worship me. :p:

Actually my results were so lame I'm not even going to bother saying them..
Reply 61
KdySk8rGirl
Well, I took Standard Grades (Scottish GCSE's) I took 8 of them and got 8 grade 1's. Thats the same as 8 A's at GCSE. I love to brag about it.

go and **** yourself, i hate people like you. im not jealous because i got close to that but theres no need for pretentious ******s, will get you no where, you mark my word pettle.
I had the highest in my year at my school until my friend got his French remarked :frown: ... but then I did do one more than him so I think that should have made us both the best :wink: ... they're nothing special compared to anyone else's though ... 2A*'s, 7A's, 3B's and half a C.
9A*s and an A, bloody physics, knew I should have worked at some point through the two year course.
Reply 64
My friend got 10A* and 2A's

And before anyone asks, she does have a life she managed to go out with friends and have part-time jobs and get all those grades :rolleyes: She's at Cambridge for Law now - think she wants to be a judge.
Mine are in my sig :p: Nothing exceptional by TSR standards, but third best in my school and no Cs, so I was pleased with them. My best mate got 1 A*, 10 As and 3 Bs, and the best in the school were 4 A*s, 8 As, 1 B and 1 D. Both of those counted a Distinction in GNVQ ICT as 4 As though.
a fella that went to a grammar school in northenr ireland achieved 12 A*'s best thing is hes got a girlfriend and plays football on top of it.... n his mums my vice principal haha! xoxo
Reply 67
my mate in the year above me got 10A*, i've predicted ( not through school crappy mocks, which bare not relation at all ) i'm gonna get 4A*(RS Drama Maths Eng Lit) 1B (Physics) and the rest A's (8)
Reply 68
I got 4 A*'s, 5 A's and 1 B.
Reply 69
There was a pupil at our school who got 14 A*s and full marks in Maths, English, Science, ICT, Food and Music

That is pretty gurd! lol
Reply 70
gosh thats a lot of good grades :P for everyone!!! You guys are so confident i'm giving my exams and i keep thinking a B is the best i'll get and i keep hoping for an A... hope i get em!!!
Reply 71
mtbab
my mate in the year above me got 10A*, i've predicted ( not through school crappy mocks, which bare not relation at all ) i'm gonna get 4A*(RS Drama Maths Eng Lit) 1B (Physics) and the rest A's (8)

woah wut skool wus that?
Reply 72
You're all entitled to your opinions and so am I.

Personally, I've always been a very bang bang get things made that's me good quality stuff.

I think that if you get As and A*s you should be ok.

Bosses discriminate; they stereotype. They look at someone with 12 A*s and think they can do all this but could they actually communicate properly and will they gel with the team? Chances are, no.

Hats off to all these people up to their eyes in A*s but these are the sort of people that set such high standards that if they fail a little bit, they completely capitulate. Becuase grades come so easy to them, they've had very little hardship in this way. Could they take the daily grind? Will they protect themselves with their grades forever?

My school is to blame for the fact I won't achieve the grades I want for several reasons:

1. They changed the columns for 1 kid, 3 times becuase he couldn't decide what he wanted to do.
2. They offered a very limited choice of subjects, half of which were essentially thrust upon us.
3. My history teacher has a personal vendetta against me. I got one more mark than some kid yet he gave this other kid a better grade.
4. The teaching is a shambles. I still have to come in during study leave for extra lessons because teachers couldn't finish the course.

I know I can't put all this crap on my CV but it has taught me more lessons than double biology ever will.

Latest