Turn on thread page Beta

No interview!? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone not got anything through about their Interview at Oxbridge? I sent my essays off and received confirmation but have heard nothing about interviews?
    please don't merge this thread mods, and sorry for having another Oxbridge thread everyone but if you're not interested don't read it!

ReputationRep:
    Oxford or Cambridge?

ReputationRep:
    One of my friends hasn't received a request to interview yet, it probably just depends on college/subject. They tell you not to phone until four days before the interview is due to start. I doubt it means anything either way.

ReputationRep:
    cambridge but advice from either?

ReputationRep:
    I'd leave it until the end of next week, then ring them...

ReputationRep:
    but dow does one not ring until 4 days before if one doesn't know when the interview is?! That is like a trick question they might ask you?!

ReputationRep:
    just posting again to get it to the top!

ReputationRep:
    last year i was really srating to panick when i hadn't heard anthing. I can't remember when i found out about interviews but they don't give you a lot of notice.

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying to new Hall, Cambridge, and still haven't heard anything about sending written work or interviews. I got my schools careers teacher to ring the college and they said they're sending out interview details in subject order and haven't got round to my subject yet. It might be advisable to get your school careers person to ring an dbug the college too, as some of them seem very lazy about getting stuff out to applicants.

ReputationRep:
    i havent got confirmation of receipt of my essays yet, tho i didnt provide a lil postcard......dont worry about it, get on with your life and just wait and see what happens,,,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jess)
    but dow does one not ring until 4 days before if one doesn't know when the interview is?! That is like a trick question they might ask you?!
    http://www.admissions.ox.ac.uk/inter...imetable.shtml

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliel)
    i havent got confirmation of receipt of my essays yet, tho i didnt provide a lil postcard......dont worry about it, get on with your life and just wait and see what happens,,,
    just check they have them- oxford rang my college this week to find out why they haven't received my friend's work, he had actually sent it recorded delivery + either it never got there (the post office told him it did) or oxford lost it... he's ok tho because he has the slip from the post office so oxford have just asked for another copy. it wouldn't do any harm to give them a ring to check.

lou xxx

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.