Turn on thread page Beta

were u hit at home? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red_roadkill)
    My dad used to hit me when I was little, I was scared of him, and thus always sought the company of my mum. I was always quite clingy around my mum when I was little, and now I have virtually no relationship with my dad - we never speak really, even though we live in the same house!
    im in a very similar situation

ReputationRep:
    I just thought, maybe I turned out gay because I took such a dislike to my father? I spent so much time with my mum.......god. I bet thats the reason.

ReputationRep:
    I just thought, maybe I turned out gay because I took such a dislike to my father? I spent so much time with my mum.......god. I bet thats the reason.
    your gay :eek:
    dam :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gossip_girl)
    your gay :eek:
    dam :cool:
    LOL, erm why the shocked/disappointed reaction?

ReputationRep:
    ??? Or, you were born that way!

As a side note, you think your upbringing can aaffect whether you are gay or not? I always thought it was in you, not come from outside, never really thought about other things affecting it before :confused:

ReputationRep:
    nah theres a lot of ppl who are gay so theres a high chance its just quincidence. (thats if ure not jokin)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lessthanthree)
    You just wait; next time you step out of line it could well be the last straw..and before you know it, you'll be like "oh yeah, that's right, do it again."

:p:
    Me? Put a toe out of line? :angel:

ReputationRep:
    No I'm not joking. I think maybe homosexuality is a result of upbringing. I'm not sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feefifofum)
    ??? Or, you were born that way!

As a side note, you think your upbringing can aaffect whether you are gay or not? I always thought it was in you, not come from outside, never really thought about other things affecting it before :confused:
    yeh, r_r, i dont think the fact ure gay has much to do with that.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it is genetical then - we do have a fair few gay people in the family actually, all down my mother's line.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it is genetical then - we do have a fair few gay people in the family actually, all down my mother's line.
    Could be, or could just be random, Some people are born that way, others aren't. I dunno.

ReputationRep:
    Great, random freak that I am.

ReputationRep:
    if homosexuality is genetic, does that mean there have been progressively less and less gay people throughout history and now that its generally seen as being ok to be gay, does that mean it will 'die out' ??? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    LOL, erm why the shocked/disappointed reaction?
    :eek: you gay<--------cos i never new
    dam<-----------cos it would help if you were straight :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gossip_girl)
    :eek: you gay<--------cos i never new
    dam<-----------cos it would help if you were straight :rolleyes:
    Why would it help if I was straight? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Great, random freak that I am.
    :confused: Doesn't make you a freak, makes you fancy the other half of the planet! Just means you don't do this just cause some people in your fmaily do!

ReputationRep:
    Why would it help if I was straight? :p:
    :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    If i was really bad i'd get a clout round the ear a few times but apart from that no. I still get hit if i get into serious trouble. But now its harder seeing as i'm older.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lessthanthree)
    Oh yeah - I don't know if it's just me here, but "being hit at home" has [in my mind, anyway] totally different connotations to "being smacked"

I tend to relate the latter to a punishment for being naughty, and the former to actual unjustifiable child abuse :|
    yea thats treu, my sisters were mostly hit

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.