mine is " i'm not perfect but i'm so close it scares me " Oscar Wilde

ReputationRep:
    'Thank you for giving me positive reinforcement today'
    B.F. Skinner

ReputationRep:
    'Odi profanum vulgus.'

Horace.

ReputationRep:
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."
    - Barry LePatner

ReputationRep:
    people who judge dont matter
    people who matter dont judge

no idea where it comes from

ReputationRep:
    To fear love is to fear life, and those who fear life are already three parts dead.
    Bertrand Russell

ReputationRep:
    It maybe be subjective but you're still wrong.

ReputationRep:
    "I'm a great believer in luck and I find that the harder I work, the more I have of it."

"Reach for the moon. That way if you don't make it, the fall is a lot less painful."

ReputationRep:
    "hey old man, zip it or i'll break your hip"- adam sandler

ReputationRep:
    "I realized that she [Sophie Scholl] was the same age as me, and I realized that she was executed the same year I started working for Hitler. At that moment, I really sensed it was no excuse to be young and that it might have been possible to find out what was going on." - Traudl Junge, secretary of Adolf Hitler.

I think this is a beautiful quote and it means so much, its quite powerful.

To lose one parent, Mr Worthing, may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness. - Oscar Wilde

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much. - Oscar Wilde

ReputationRep:
    I have 2:
    Lady Astor to Winston Churchill: "Sir, you are drunk"
    Churchill: "Yes madam, and you are ugly, but I will be sober in the morning" LMAO
    And also:
    Christopher Wren: "Lector, si monumentum requiris, circumspice" (on his epitaph in St Paul's)

ReputationRep:
    "damn noob!" alkaeda

ReputationRep:
    "As you grow older, you'll find the only things you regret are the things you didn't do."
    - Oscar Wilde

ReputationRep:
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's hard to read. - Groucho Marx

They couldn't hit an elephant from that distance! - a british general, shot moments later.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bricktops)
    "As you grow older, you'll find the only things you regret are the things you didn't do."
    - Oscar Wilde
    Definitely words to live by...

ReputationRep:
    Oscar Wilde said some cracking things

My fave at the moment would have to be his 'We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars' (hope I remembered that right!)

ReputationRep:
    'Some say the glass is half empty, some say the glass is half full, I say, are you going to drink that? '

"You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cellardore)

"You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is."
    Love it who said it?

ReputationRep:
    "It's easier to prepare and prevent, than to repair and repent" - Anon

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.