The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
this sunni - shia bussiness is so confusing. I thought it just a historical split? and generally we followed the same rules ect.
Reply 21
sabka7
I think most of them make sense though. Stuf you generally, morally, shouldnt do.

Yes it is hypocritical, but the split came after the Prophet and the Qu'ran was written, distributed etc. So technically the split shouldn't really exist, it isn't what was really instructed of the muslims to do. Its almost impossible to be a perfect muslim nowadays.

I totally agree
well said:yep:
Reply 22
style
this sunni - shia bussiness is so confusing. I thought it just a historical split? and generally we followed the same rules ect.

Call yourself a Muslim.

Strip away all your practises.

Pray 5 times a day. Read the Quran. Remain consistent.

Act on the Quran and then act on the Sunnah. Act on the things such as sunnah actions and then act on the sunnah characteristics, e.g being truthful, being sincere, smiling etc. And leave what is forbidden.

Call yourself a Muslim who is trying to follow the Quran and Hadith to the best of his or her ability.

Simple.
RaJz92
]Taking interest

What? Taking an interest in what or are you not allowed to be interested in anything? 0_0
Reply 24
t3h_y0u553f
What? Taking an interest in what or are you not allowed to be interested in anything? 0_0

Taking an interest something to do with finance, you know like interest rate system.
Oh right that type of interest... my bad lol.
Reply 26
Cotton Carrots
There is so much to Islam, and so many reasons behind everything and many a times it is unfortunately us who do not understand, but if we research doubts/questions as they arise, the answers are all there!
Taking the example of photos, have a read of this: http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/26841
Plants are inanimate, thus the way I understand it, people are unlikely to idolise them etc. I hope that helps even if in a little way.

yea well, that does make sence... ill search for more stuff on the site,thanks:smile:)
Reply 27
I know the list seems huge but most of them things you wouldn't do anyway. By avoiding them you are actually a better person. eg. taking money/property etc that belongs to an orphan. You must be pretty mean to do something like that.
Reply 28
ForeverIsMyName
The idea of sin is pretty stupid, especially the Christian conception. The Islamic one makes more sense logically, but I think religion is pretty wacky anyway.

You think the Christian conception of sin is more stupid than the Islamic one?

Would you care to elaborate as to why?
Deano-101
You think the Christian conception of sin is more stupid than the Islamic one?

Would you care to elaborate as to why?

I believe judging human beings as inherently sinful and reliant on salvation as ludicrous.

Latest

Trending

Trending