The TSR Islamic Society Watch

This discussion is closed.
azs*
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
As salaamu alaikum

yeah well 2160 now lol, i meant your post count!

I'm finally on 150 WOOHOO

It is so cold here!! feel so frozen man

azs*
SketchyCanvas~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
lol oohh :p: :doh: hehe
Congrats on hitting 150 now 151 thou :p:
I'm freezing here too Whereabouts in London you live?

Munise x
azs*
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
In South London, extremely deprived area for Muslims, hardly any facilities!

I shouldn't be ungrateful though, we have a nice multicultural community here!

azs*
SketchyCanvas~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I live in North London, with a multicultural area too and some mosques only 5-20mins away from me

Munise x
AngelofnoColour
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hi my fellow muslims. I was wondering if there is any prayer/sura I can say for myself because I think I might have a serious illness. Is there any you can recommend me?
azs*
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
As salaamu alaikum

BA: i'd say prayer is an excellent remedy for illness! Please be steadfast in you prayer and Insha'allah his blessings will be showered upon you!

Go here sis: http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=en...QR=20176&dgn=4

Insha'allah that helps! And will remember you in my duaas insha'Allah

Wa alaikum asalaam

azs*
SketchyCanvas~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Salaams BA
I dont know any specific duas myself but i suggest reciting al-fatiha and the main suras and ask Allah to help you since you might be ill.
Sorry it isnt much, maybe a fellow brother/sister will post something more speicific. Get well soon :hugs:

Munise x
azs*
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
As salaamu alaikum

Insha'Allah things will be resolved soon sis!

I'm off, its way to cold, and my fingers are starting to freeze!

Take care

Wa alaikum asalaam

azs*
SketchyCanvas~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
W/salams and take care Azs* :ciao:

Munise x
SketchyCanvas~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
im off too, salaams
Munise x
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
right this is going to sound like a stupid question, but like you all know, I'm not very religious and I hardly ever pray, do fasts etc... But I was wondering, when you want to read any suras, do you have to be in wu'du?with head covered with scarf? Cos I know its like reciting something from the qu'ran, so I guess I would have to. But I've forgotten how to do it please forgive me And I dont want to ask my parents cos I know they will think I'm guilty of something thats why Im doing it. But I'm not guilty. But I am selfish for wanting to pray at a time when I'm ill, and I dont want my parents finding this out again.
So does it go like this - (while reciting kalma) wash right hand x3, then left x3, then wash arm right and left arms up to elbows x3, wash facex3, cup water in hand and do nose x3, rinse mouth x3, do the kiss/overears/arm thing x3, and then wash feet x3. Is that in the right order? I have completely forgotten it.
Abbas6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by BlueAngel)
right this is going to sound like a stupid question, but like you all know, I'm not very religious and I hardly ever pray, do fasts etc... But I was wondering, when you want to read any suras, do you have to be in wu'du?with head covered with scarf? Cos I know its like reciting something from the qu'ran, so I guess I would have to. But I've forgotten how to do it please forgive me And I dont want to ask my parents cos I know they will think I'm guilty of something thats why Im doing it. But I'm not guilty. But I am selfish for wanting to pray at a time when I'm ill, and I dont want my parents finding this out again.
So does it go like this - (while reciting kalma) wash right hand x3, then left x3, then wash arm right and left arms up to elbows x3, wash facex3, cup water in hand and do nose x3, rinse mouth x3, do the kiss/overears/arm thing x3, and then wash feet x3. Is that in the right order? I have completely forgotten it.
That sounds fine sister. There are always variations in the way people do wudu, but as long as you get the 4 fard actions of wudu (washing the face, washing the arms up to the elbows, doing masah over the head and washing both feet up the ankles) in there somewhere, then you're fine, insha'Allah!

And try not to feel guilty about turning and praying to Allah at times of difficulty, because ultimately that's how we get nearer to Allah, through prayer, at whatever time it may be in our lives.
Stranded
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Salaam all!!
SketchyCanvas~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
w/salaams Hira!
azs*
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
As salaamu alaikum

how is everyone today?

BA: being more steadfast in your prayer may insha'allah make your parents realise your seriousness in changing! HAVE FAITH IN ALLAH! If you sacrifice some time for Allah, Insha'Allah He will make it easy for you!

I love this Ayah:
002.152. 'Therefore remember Me, I will remember you. Give thanks to Me, and reject not Me.'

It is so beautiful, if you remember Allah, He will remember you!

Take care

Wa alaikum asalaam

azs*
Stranded
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Salaam everyone! :hello:
azs*
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Wa alaikum asalaam

how r u?

azs*
Stranded
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
:hello: Im great alhamdulillah! What are u upto?
SketchyCanvas~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
w/salaams Hira and Azs* :hello:
Stranded
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
:hello: Whats up Munise? Bio HW (or any other HW for that matter)?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (141)
46.08%
Pro-humanity (165)
53.92%

Watched Threads