The TSR Islamic Society Watch

This discussion is closed.
freshapple
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Salaam, Salaam.

Poison Ivy, I can't draw like a life drawing artist or anything, I just have the ability to visualise what's in my head. I'm bad with words you see, sometimes.
doodle
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by freshapple)
Salaam, Salaam.

Poison Ivy, I can't draw like a life drawing artist or anything, I just have the ability to visualise what's in my head. I'm bad with words you see, sometimes.
salaams..im confused..care to explain?
freshapple
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Ha, sorry.

Well, quite simply I don't put much attention to detail. Any easier to understand?
azs*
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
As salaamu alaikum

Doodle, i'm not at Imperial, just passing on what i've heard about it!

If you watched Islam Channel yesterday, it had that little message on the bottom stating that there were extra tickets, £25, but i'm not sure!

azs*
doodle
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by freshapple)
Ha, sorry.

Well, quite simply I don't put much attention to detail. Any easier to understand?
ok-well call me stupid but whats the above or ur prev post got to do with nething?not tryna be rude in the slightest jus vvv confuzzled xx
freshapple
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It's alright, I can explain.

If you re-read the first post I made today, you will see it's addressed to Poison Ivy. Unless you've been paying really close attention to what she's been saying (for/at me), then your very unlikely to understand it so I don't blame you.

--------------

Salaam AZS by the way. :cool:
Abbas6
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by student01)
Nope, can't make it!

--------------

What's the Islamic soc at Imperial like? Anyone know?
Assalamu'alaykum

The Imperial I-Soc have a homepage, which has loads of information!
There's a Welcome message and contact info here and some information on prayer facilities too.

There are too a number of dead or broken links which yield error pages (!), but definitely if you want more info sister you can contact the society directly at [email protected] .
azs*
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Wa alaikum asalaam
Dusk_Till_Dawn
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by azs*)
Wa alaikum asalaam
Assalamu alaikum :confused:
Batazer
Report 13 years ago
Question - Why do you live in the UK and not your motherlands(s)?
mizfissy815
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
As Salaamu Aliakum everyone.
azs*
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Just replying to freshapple lol

I found out today that my AS ICT c/w never came back from the exam baord! THEY KEPT IT!! after all that hard work, they don't even bother giving it back, can;t ring them either, constantly engaged phone!! what a nuisance!

azs*
mizfissy815
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
What makes you so sure we all live in the UK?
Batazer
Report 13 years ago
Most members here are from the UK.
Dusk_Till_Dawn
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by azs*)
Just replying to freshapple lol

I found out today that my AS ICT c/w never came back from the exam baord! THEY KEPT IT!! after all that hard work, they don't even bother giving it back, can;t ring them either, constantly engaged phone!! what a nuisance!

azs*
Probably was really good ...anywayz y do u want it bck :confused:
freshapple
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
What's wrong with living in the UK and not in our 'motherlands'? I'm sure some of the companions of the prophet [saw] also moved out of Arabia and left their 'motherlands' too.

Salaam MizFissy.

AZS, it might've been the mail guy, you never know.
Batazer
Report 13 years ago
Wouldn't you rather live where you are with your own people, culture, traditions etc?
freshapple
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Glad you said it yourself bro. Back in the 'motherlands' there is no feeling of Islam. It's all culture and tradition. Besides, Allah created the whole world for us, why not get out and explore it? If you find a place better than your 'motherland', why not settle in it?
azs*
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
LOL that is a possibility i guess! I want it back as a token of all the effort that went into it!

Batazer: why do you think Muslims move away from their 'motherland'?

azs*
mizfissy815
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Batazer)
Wouldn't you rather live where you are with your own people, culture, traditions etc?
I don't live in my motherland for a number of reasons, primarily because my parents believed that we would have most likely been killed before we were born, had they not moved.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1099)
79.12%
Leave (290)
20.88%

Watched Threads