Turn on thread page Beta

The TSR Islamic Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    eerrrmmmm honestly i find it boring, Islam is more excitng than that, the history, sufism and so on, but its just always about community crap! and the same things over and over again. Anyway i'l start my own exciting show, sometime

ReputationRep:
    LOL

I'm not sure about it, its great compared to the alternatives!! The IslamiQA show is good, but again i mean they used a lot of music!

There are a lot of things against it, but i guess i would never have known about Zakir Naik or others without it!

azs*

ReputationRep:
    I don't like the scholars of today, i think over the years they are changing the laws, but that's not to say they all are, just some, slightly, going easy! I mean nowadays they have involved a lot of culture into the deen, which is wrong as it's altering the Islamic way of thinking.

ReputationRep:
    As salaamu alaikum

I don't think you can generalise all scholars to be like that, so many are making wonderful progress to try and alleviate the community who are culturally-driven in religion!

anyway, wanted to post this:

Just got this in an e-mail from www.FridayNasiha.com

Offensive Attack!

Here are few tips on how to launch an offensive attack on Satan:

1. The Best Offense is a Good Defense
    We can never pray enough for Allah’s help; the five daily prayers, a night of bonding in voluntary prayers or simply ask Allah for protection from Satan and dupedom.

2. Get the Guide

Read, understand, absorb and live the Quran. It guides us with examples of how people in the past dealt with Satan, it consoles us in our struggle and it lights hope with the promise of paradise. [See, Quran: Your Gateway to a New World]

3. Follow the Leader
    While Satan strives to lead us astray, we should remember the example of the Prophet who was sent to guide us to the right way. If we practice like the Prophet, we too can defeat dupedom!

4. Get Stacked
    Don’t bear the brunt of the battle alone; you need the help of your friends. As the Prophet Muhammad said, “A person is likely to follow the faith of his friend, so look (carefully) whom you choose to befriend.” [Ahmad] A group of dummies are destined to be duped so find friends that feel the way you do about faith. [Check out Cool or Fool]

5. Never Stop
    Satan is relentless. He won’t stop until he has us on a one-way trip to hell. We need to be just as persistent in the resistance, always purifying our hearts and filling our minds with the remembrance of Allah.

Source:
    "Don't Be Duped" - Young Muslims' Latest Publication [Help Distribute]

some good advice masha'Allah

azs*

ReputationRep:
    As Salaamu Alaikum Everyone!

That's some great advice azs*. You don't mind if I copy that and send it some friends, do you?

Edit- lol...Just read the 'Help Distribute ' bit...

ReputationRep:
    I don't like what American muslims i doing, i mean have you heard about that Isamic fashion show thingy......they are literally changing Islam to what suits them best! There are even muslim female singers, singing infront of men, not only that they involve musical instuments and don't even wear a hijab! But if they do wear it, it's not worn properly over the head............what the hell is that about?
    :mad: Absolutely pathetic!

ReputationRep:
    As salaamu alaikum

haven't heard about that, its terrible!

May Allah guide them!

mizfizzy, go for it lol, check out the website, some very good stuff on there!

*HOMEWORK TIME* urrh Maths, little sis, needs my help!

Take care all

azs*

ReputationRep:
    Wa Alaikum Asalaam azs*.

ReputationRep:
    AZS u ready for tommorow? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    As salaamu alaikum

Ready? hmmm no, didnt leave enough time for my history essay, and i'm going out now!! Insha'allah wil get it finished, its due Monday!

I have a family member taking part, which is exciting lol

azs*

ReputationRep:
    Salaam ppl! :hello:
    How's everyone?

ReputationRep:
    Wa alaikum asalaam

Alhumdulilah i'm well, U?

azs*

ReputationRep:
    Salam brother,

Mashallah it is good to see an Islamic society here. I would be honoured if I could join.

Jazakallah khair
    Yousuf

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes: If you haven't noticed the last few users were sisters! :p:

ReputationRep:
    does anyone use ebay here or anything? can anyone help promote my site here? rewards will be given...

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    :rolleyes: think you posted your message in the wrong thread, this is the Islamic soc not the ebay soc :confused:

ReputationRep:
    i know but im part of the islamic soc neways , thought ma brothers n sisters could help

ReputationRep:
    Ok ok then............... Well i don't use ebay much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hira89)
    Salaam ppl! :hello:
    How's everyone?
    Salaams hira! :hello: havn't seen you in a while!

--------------

Salaams everyone else! :hello: :wavey:

ReputationRep:
    w/salaam!! Im great alhamdulillah! you?

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.