The TSR Islamic Society Watch

This discussion is closed.
zaaks786
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by mkenani)
yes Zaaks i agree with you, but this is my question how are we to save our children and our childrens children from this? i see my relatives that are not virgins at the age of 14, well who are to blame? them or us? and yes everyone is judged accordingly....but is it their fault really??/ thats what iam wondering
i dunno..i guess u shud just bring them up as best you can good muslims and teach them from an early age what is wrong....My parents brought me up a believing muslim but they werent strict as in the case alot of parents are and so their children rebel...but they brought me up with the right decisions and so i know wat to doa nd what not to do...

Is it their fault.....well if they are never taught and do not know then i guess you cannot blame them, a mother is responsible for her children and so should make sure they know....but if they are fully aware of what they are doing and their consequences then i guess they are to blame...but at the end of the day like i said...all you can do is Repent sincerely for our wrong doings...try our best to bring our children up as good muslims and the It is Allah who judges us....and he is the Most Merciful and the Best to Judge.
mkenani
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
true, true dear, :rolleyes: good day
mkenani
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Zaaks can i ask something, that line " seek knowledge from the cradle to the grave!!!" it is my boyfriends Ahmed favourite saying to,but i would like to know where it was from..never had the chance to ask him and he is in another country...if you do not mind
Viper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
mr viper i think that was very rude of you, i speak as a generation and as for me iam not in that class, iam already engaged and believe me i know what is expected of me............so dont to me like that again.
I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend you. What I wrote was in reference to the issue of Talaq. I mean if someone says it and its the third and final time, if they didn't really mean it then I was saying, you should carry on as normal but ask forgiveness from God just to be on the safe side. Sorry if I caused you any insult. I will bear this in mind and make myself clearer next time.
zaaks786
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Zaaks can i ask something, that line " seek knowledge from the cradle to the grave!!!" it is my boyfriends Ahmed favourite saying to,but i would like to know where it was from..never had the chance to ask him and he is in another country...if you do not mind
Its a saying of the prophet(pbuh)...i think!
zaaks786
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
And viper ive answered ur question on punishment of fornication......see the page b4, jus saying incase u didnt see it
Zuber
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
very interesting point about who is to blame over today's overly sexual society....
ultimately, the person is still to blame by being influenced by temptations around them - but still that being said, there are A LOT more temptations in the world today than there were, say 100 years ago. so maybe the punishment would be in direct relation to how easily they gave up their virginity or something like that. and zaak thank you for the quran quotes. i did think that it was hell for those who have sex outside of marriage (except those who repent). but going by what i wrote above, maybe today Allah would be more lenient on some? the amount of people who have sex outside of marriage today surely cant all be going to hell. oh well, more space in heaven for us only joking ppl!
Viper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by zaaks786)
And viper ive answered ur question on punishment of fornication......see the page b4, jus saying incase u didnt see it
Sorry, I haven't had the chance to thank you yet, so thank you very much for them Quranic quotes.

Just one question though, what if two unmarried people don't have actual intercourse but do participate in sexual activity whether major or minor i.e. kissing. Is that still classed as fornication and if not what heading of sin does it come under?

Also about the 100 strikes, what are fornicators to be struck with?
Viper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Zuber)
very interesting point about who is to blame over today's overly sexual society....
ultimately, the person is still to blame by being influenced by temptations around them - but still that being said, there are A LOT more temptations in the world today than there were, say 100 years ago. so maybe the punishment would be in direct relation to how easily they gave up their virginity or something like that. and zaak thank you for the quran quotes. i did think that it was hell for those who have sex outside of marriage (except those who repent). but going by what i wrote above, maybe today Allah would be more lenient on some? the amount of people who have sex outside of marriage today surely cant all be going to hell. oh well, more space in heaven for us only joking ppl!
Trust don't give kids an excuse to see God showing them leniency udawise they use it to justify their wrong doing and then we're all doomed. One stupid friend of mine does the works and he says its all down to pre-destination, blaming every sin that he does on destiny and that it was written that he would commit such and such a sin so he can't do owt about it. Just saying becareful because some will be looking for any excuse.

God knows best, He knows our true intention and He knows our situation, surely He is the best of all judges.
Zuber
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Viper)
Just one question though, what if two unmarried people don't have actual intercourse but do participate in sexual activity whether major or minor i.e. kissing. Is that still classed as fornication and if not what heading of sin does it come under?
not entirely sure - but i do know that we are not meant to partake in any actions that may LEAD to premarital sex (e.g. cohabitation) and i would say significant sexual activity comes under this category.
Zuber
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Viper)
Trust don't give kids an excuse to see God showing them leniency udawise they use it to justify their wrong doing and then we're all doomed. One stupid friend of mine does the works and he says its all down to pre-destination, blaming every sin that he does on destiny and that it was written that he would commit such and such a sin so he can't do owt about it. Just saying becareful because some will be looking for any excuse.

God knows best, He knows our true intention and He knows our situation, surely He is the best of all judges.
yesyes i agree but this isnt quite what i meant. all i did mean is that today there are a lot more temptations for premarital sex due to the advancement of society. Therefore if someone who waited to have sex 100years ago were instead alive today, they would have an increased chance of having premarital sex. see what i mean? because we live in a different time there is a much higher risk in participating in premarital sex, and this increased risk ISNT our fault.
i do know that excuses will be used etc, but as you said God knows our true intentions, so its fine. i wasnt suggesting that God would forgive but suggesting that God would treat them differently - as you said - He knows our situation, and yes He is the best of all judges

btw could you explain what you meant by this:
Trust don't give kids an excuse to see God showing them leniency

i dont quite see how this is relevant to the topic being discussed...
Viper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
[QUOTE=Zuber]btw could you explain what you meant by this:
Trust don't give kids an excuse to see God showing them leniencyQUOTE]

Sorry that was a bad sentence. What I mean is that people that are already commiting sins will be looking for an easy out (don't we all he says), if you tell them that God will show them more leniency than the people 100 yrs ago they might look upon the sin more lightly and therefore continue doing it.

Having said that, I've seen kids being hit with hard liners and then totally going off the plot as a result of being scared off including people like Hafiz's.

Everything needs handled in a sensitive manner.
Viper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Zuber)
not entirely sure - but i do know that we are not meant to partake in any actions that may LEAD to premarital sex (e.g. cohabitation) and i would say significant sexual activity comes under this category.
Got ya mate, any idea what the fornicators are meant to be struck with?
Zuber
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
[QUOTE=Viper]
(Original post by Zuber)
btw could you explain what you meant by this:
Trust don't give kids an excuse to see God showing them leniencyQUOTE]

Sorry that was a bad sentence. What I mean is that people that are already commiting sins will be looking for an easy out (don't we all he says), if you tell them that God will show them more leniency than the people 100 yrs ago they might look upon the sin more lightly and therefore continue doing it.

Having said that, I've seen kids being hit with hard liners and then totally going off the plot as a result of being scared off including people like Hafiz's.

Everything needs handled in a sensitive manner.
ahh i understand now - thanks. But another problem is that many people don't know that they are commiting a sin or dont consider premarital sex a sin, and therefore this doesnt apply.
but i do know what you mean. i.e. if you say god will be more forgiving it may inspire more sins. this is not my intention (as i am sure you are aware). all i meant is that the situation is different today and it is much easier to have premarital sex. i personally think that if its harder to resist commiting a sin, then the punishment should be more lenient, due to it being harder to resist. by this logic it also means that the reward should be greater for resisting such temptation. so it balances out IMO.
but dont get me wrong, i am not excusing the sins at all. after all they are still sins!
zaaks786
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Viper)
Sorry, I haven't had the chance to thank you yet, so thank you very much for them Quranic quotes.
no probs...anytime, lol i learn this way too!

(Original post by Viper)
Just one question though, what if two unmarried people don't have actual intercourse but do participate in sexual activity whether major or minor i.e. kissing. Is that still classed as fornication and if not what heading of sin does it come under?.
Well im not sure, i think fornication is specifically havin illegal sex, but generally free mixing is not looked upon favourably so kissing etc is jus wrong..wat heading, i aint sure, will hve to find out...

(Original post by Viper)
Also about the 100 strikes, what are fornicators to be struck with?
not sure, anyone else kno, i can look it up but im v. busy wit exams at the mo so maybe nxt week time sumtime.
zaaks786
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Also....We All get into Paradise through His Mercy...

We cant judge whos gonna get in or not and how they will be punished for their sins

We all commit sins...we r human after all!But we've been given guidlines on wat to do and wat not and we should try our best to stick to them and help each other stick to them......
mkenani
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
ok but this is that i wonder, long time ago i do not think that the tempations were are strong as they are today. so shall we be judged the same? i guess that God only knows right?
yes we should not use excuess for the things that we do and when we srcew up but again.....
mkenani
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
ok fine iam really confused.....nowadays we are faced with more temptations i think....anyway i guess that is is for the almighty to say right?
zaaks786
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
ok fine iam really confused.....nowadays we are faced with more temptations i think....anyway i guess that is is for the almighty to say right?
Yea it is for the Almighty to say....we are faced with more temptations but we are not persecuted for wat we beleive in like they were bk then...plus ppl lived longer bk then....several hundred years infact, Allah alone can judge...its hard to conceptualise becos wen we think of judgement we think of human judgement with all its flaws and bias...
zaaks786
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Zuber)
ultimately, the person is still to blame by being influenced by temptations around them - but still that being said, there are A LOT more temptations in the world today than there were, say 100 years ago.!
That is true......once over the age of puberty, u are responsible for each and every action tht u do, u cannot say that u didnt know, because now there are so many means and ways of accessing information so it is so easy to find out.

Also...Sum ppl use the excuse that, oh its already been written tht i had commited such and such a sin...so it doesnt matter if i do it....tht is utter bull, and just a pathetic excuse for commiting a sin.....
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1168)
79.35%
Leave (304)
20.65%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise