The TSR Islamic Society Watch

This discussion is closed.
Sarah_Kiya
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Milli)
Some men do stare but that can happen in any country. Since i'm half British/American and half Turkish, when i do go Turkey, i get stared quite often. I suppose it because these men have never seen a British girl wearing a hijab in their life. Once i was approached by a young Turkish man who asked for my name and wanted to start a conversation. I said no

They might stare occasionally because they will know your a tourist, but just ignore them. It wont affect your holiday. Turkey is a beautiful country and there are so many historic places to visit. Just enjoy yourself.
Salaam

Thanks! yeh I will enjoy myself, i'll stick to the mosques I've just received this brochure from the travel company and they've got all these amazing mosques in there so I know where i'm spending most of my time (lol that sounds a bit sad)

Wasalam.xx

p.s. you probably get stared at because your so pretty mashallah i've just seen your profile pic
azs*
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
As salaamu alaikum

Insha'Allah you will have an enjoyable and trouble-free time in Turkey, Sarah!

azs*
Sarah_Kiya
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by azs*)
As salaamu alaikum

Insha'Allah you will have an enjoyable and trouble-free time in Turkey, Sarah!

azs*
Inshallah reading ayatul kursi everytime i leave the hotel should ensure i have no troubles! i have 4 exams in january :eek: & really should be revising over the hols but i just couldn't resist the temptation of visiting Turkey

Wasalam Sister. xx
Dusk_Till_Dawn
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Sarah_Kiya)
Inshallah reading ayatul kursi everytime i leave the hotel should ensure i have no troubles! i have 4 exams in january :eek: & really should be revising over the hols but i just couldn't resist the temptation of visiting Turkey

Wasalam Sister. xx
Who can resist the temptation of visiting Turkey ? :confused: Inshallah u have a enjoyable as well as inspiring trip.Ameen :rolleyes:
azs*
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
As salaamu alaikum

Just got rejected from a top uni, and i'm a little down BUT HAPPY, their loss not mine!

LOL, insha'allah you'll pass your exams sis!

azs*
SketchyCanvas~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Salaams Everyone

Azs* - wasnt meant to be then and like you said their loss

Munise x
azs*
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Wa alaikum asalaam

Yup!

How you doing SC?

azs*
SketchyCanvas~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
very sleepy at the moment but alhamdulilah im good thanks, you?

Munise x
azs*
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Alhumdulilah i'm fine!

Can't believe we've already had a term at College!!

azs*
SketchyCanvas~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
lol! just realised that :eek: its gone so quickly :s: what year are you in at College?

Munise x
Sarah_Kiya
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Salaam sis azs*,

im sorry to hear that but like you said its their loss! which uni was it? don't feel down, everything that happens, happens for a reason...inshallah Allah has saved a better and more beneficial opportunity for you

If i do pass my exams it will be all thanks to Allah! im ashamed to admit this but I actually revise for exams at the very last minute lol :stupido2: ...its definately the duas that get me by :cool: but mashallah the people here seem very intelligent so im guessing nobody elses workload is in as much disarray as mine lol

take care
Wasalam. xx
SketchyCanvas~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
lol
Salaams Sarah

Inshallah

I also only revise the last minute :p:

Munise x
Sarah_Kiya
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by SketchyCanvas)
lol
Salaams Sarah

Inshallah

I also only revise the last minute :p:

Munise x
Salaam

:eek: im not the only one
SketchyCanvas~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
lol
W/salaams

i gtg, t/c all and salaams :ciao: :hugs:

Munise x
Sarah_Kiya
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Wasalaam sis, take care. xx
azs*
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
As salaamu alaikum

It was UCL! Insha'Allah sis!

azs*
Sarah_Kiya
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by azs*)
As salaamu alaikum

It was UCL! Insha'Allah sis!

azs*
ahh man ucl are like that! what course have you applied for? im doing law, i didnt even bother applying to ucl cos i was so put off on the open day! the admissions guy was like "we want the BEST applicants for law...if your not in the top 10 students in your school DONT bother applying blah blah blah" he was such a snob i swear! i just thought forget you man id rather go to a ghetto uni (well not really lol but anywhere except ucl) where else have you applied?

Wasalam
azs*
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
As salaamu alaikum

I swear you need to have all A*'s and A's at GCSE and be from a private school! they are so typical, anyway as i said i'm not bothered LOL!

The irony is that i don't want to go there either, they do a pretty dull history course, in my view, i would much rather concentrate on Modern History! I just wanted to try there, at least i know i tried!

Anyway got a place at Westminster, and interview at Goldsmiths this Friday!

Other places: SOAS, LSE (no hope lol) and Queen Mary

How about you?
Loades of my mates are doing Law, insha'allah you'll get into your desired place!

azs*
Dusk_Till_Dawn
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Assalamu alaikum again!
SketchyCanvas~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
W/salaams DTD :hello: how are you today?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (88)
19.78%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (180)
40.45%
Nope, not that interesting (177)
39.78%

Watched Threads