Report 13 years ago
Assalamualykum Dimez
SketchyCanvas~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by nlondonboi)
Yeah I agree in what you're saying. I know my mum only decided to start wearing the Hijab after she went on Hajj, however she did find it very hard to adjust.
My mum started wearing the Hijab after she become more into Islam when her father died. She would go outside and feel out of place for not wearing it so she wore the Hijab and from then on, still is alhamdulilah.
Dusk_Till_Dawn
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Dimez)
How come's no one is greeting Dimez?
ASSALAMU ALAIKUM DIMEZ!

Was happnin dude?
Atif
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yay...we have a collective agreement...
Dimez
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Ah, somebody at last! W/salaam rahmara!
SketchyCanvas~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Dimez)
How come's no one is greeting Dimez?
loll

Salaams Dimez :rolleyes: :p:
Milli
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by SketchyCanvas)
My mum started wearing the Hijab after she become more into Islam when her father died. She would go outside and feel out of place for not wearing it so she wore the Hijab and from then on, still is alhamdulilah.
Mashallah. I'm the only one in my family who wears the hijab
Atif
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Mashallah...thats very good
Dusk_Till_Dawn
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by SketchyCanvas)
Thats good Mashallah.
Dimez
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Dusk_Till_Dawn)
ASSALAMU ALAIKUM DIMEZ!

Was happnin dude?
W/salaam DTD. I'm doing good alhamdullah, just kicking back waiting for dinner to be served. It's pretty boring not going school you know! I'm running out of things with which to occupy my time.

How you doing son?
rahmara
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
You will find the answer to this hijab isssue if you visit www.islamiqa.co.uk

Here is a question which i found on this site relating to this hijab issue:

Q: is it right for someone to say that since wearing hijab is not one of the five pillars of islam therefore it is really not that important?

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.

This is a mistake, because hijaab is obligatory for women. Allaah is the One Who has commanded women to cover their adornments, including the face, bosom and all their adornments. This has been enjoined upon women as a protection against abuse and temptation. That is because women are the focus of desire, and the focus of what those who are tempted look at. So if a woman uncovers her beauty she will provoke desire, and people will become attracted to her and will follow her. This is the cause of many immoral actions such as adultery and the things that lead to it. So hijaab is obligatory for women and was enjoined upon them in the aayah (interpretation of the meaning):

“…and to draw their veils all over Juyoobihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms)…”

[al-Noor 24:31]

I hope this is useful

--------------

This is another answer relating to a different question:

The Muslim woman must know that she is obliged to wear hijaab and observe proper Islamic hijaab at all times. It is not permissible for a woman to make a wanton display of herself (tabarruj). Tabarruj is a major sin for which the one who does it deserves the wrath and punishment of Allaah. A woman, as the saying goes, is a jewel, and when she is shown to people and makes a wanton display of herself she loses her value.
Dimez
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Milli)
Mashallah. I'm the only one in my family who wears the hijab
Usually it's vice versa. The mother wears hijab but the child does not.

Mashallah Milli, may Allah bless you and the Muslim Ummah.
SketchyCanvas~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Atif)
Mashallah...thats very good
:ditto:
Dusk_Till_Dawn
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Dimez)
W/salaam DTD. I'm doing good alhamdullah, just kicking back waiting for dinner to be served. It's pretty boring not going school you know! I'm running out of things with which to occupy my time.

How you doing son?
Im cool, Alhamdulillah. Dnt wry u still got TSR to spend time on. :p:

The TSR Islamic Society is buzzin' today! :cool:
rahmara
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yes it is,

everyone seems to be online today
liverpool
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Repentance)
Wa alaykum salam,

Oh boy do I see a long debate coming up……

Not that I disagree with you
Asslamu Allaikum

bro i hope this is a subject which we dont debate about. there shoudnt be a debate about it coz its a must, and its a STRONG hadith.

i hope some sister change about it.

and the sister/ brother that they said they disagreed with the post. what you mean in what you said there was that you disagree with the commands of allah. nowhere in the quran does it say a women does not have to wear hijaab. there are certain times when a sister is allowed to be without hijaab, but outside the house it is obligatory.

brother debate? debate about what. these sister that dont belive in the hadith have no proof WHAT SO EVER that they are allowed to go out without hijaab

everyone take care

ps.soory for all the typos in these post. i touch type most of what i say. and the thing is i cant touch type :p:

Wsalamuallaikum
Milli
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Dimez)

ah thankyou

It's true. It is usually the other way round. The parents trying to convince their daughters to wear the hijab.

I love wearing the hijab. It's difficult to understand why some girls don't :confused:
mizfissy815
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Verse 33:59
O Prophet! Tell thy wives and thy daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks close round them (when they go abroad). That will be better, that so they may be recognized and not annoyed. Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful.

The Arabic the word Jilbab was translated into cloak. A jilbaab is known a cloth that covers that entire body except the hands and face.

Verse 24:31
And tell the believing women to lower their gaze and be modest, and to display of their adornment only that which is apparent, and to draw their veils over their bosoms, and not to reveal their adornment save to their own husbands or fathers or husbands fathers, or their sons or their husbands' sons, or their brothers or their brothers' sons or sisters sons, or their women, or their slaves, or male attendants who lack vigor, or children who know naught of women's nakedness. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And turn unto Allah together, O believers, in order that ye may succeed.

The word veil is donated with the word ‘Khimar’ in Arabic. A khimar is a piece of cloth used to cover the hair and Allah(swt) ordered women to use it to cover their adornments with it too. Many people argue that this word for a headscarf should be used instead of hijab. Interpreting hijab ONLY as a headscarf is incorrect.
From these references (and what Atif and rahmara posted), the vast majority of Muslim scholars and jurists, past and present, have determined the minimum requirements for Muslim women's dress: 1) Clothing must cover the entire body, with the exception of the face and the hands. 2) The attire should not be form fitting, sheer or so eye-catching as to attract undue attention or reveal the shape of the body.

Another thing I want to add, about covering the face is that, although it might not be compulsory, there are certain situations I feel it must be enforced. For example, walking around in some parts of Saudi Arabia with your faced uncovered will attract unwanted attention, in which case you as well as the admirer will get the sins for. But covering your face in say New York City will attract attention and in my opinion, should be avoided in that case.

One more thing, I have to agree, that some Muslims who don't were the headscarf (but dresses and acts modestly) can be better than some muslim women who do. It really depends on your connection with Allah and Allahu A’lam.
Dusk_Till_Dawn
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Dimez)

Mashallah Sister, keep up the good wrk. And Ameen to your Du'a Dimez.
SketchyCanvas~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by liverpool)
Asslamu Allaikum

bro i hope this is a subject which we dont debate about. there shoudnt be a debate about it coz its a must, and its a STRONG hadith.

i hope some sister change about it.

and the sister/ brother that they said they disagreed with the post. what you mean in what you said there was that you disagree with the commands of allah. nowhere in the quran does it say a women does not have to wear hijaab. there are certain times when a sister is allowed to be without hijaab, but outside the house it is obligatory.

brother debate? debate about what. these sister that dont belive in the hadith have no proof WHAT SO EVER that they are allowed to go out without hijaab

everyone take care

ps.soory for all the typos in these post. i touch type most of what i say. and the thing is i cant touch type :p:

Wsalamuallaikum
read a few back on my last post about that
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (860)
80.37%
Leave (210)
19.63%

Watched Threads