Turn on thread page Beta

The TSR Islamic Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abbas6)
    Debating wise, I think we have many brothers and sisters who take part in the discussions in the Religion forum. We should all try insha'Allah, myself included, to participate more in the Religion forum and help clarify misconceptions insha'Allah.
    Assalamu Alaikum, Yes i agree with brother Reza. For example i don't think that many non-muslims will come to this forum to post about their supposed 'falacies' in Islam/ the Danish boycott and things. Those people post in the Religion D&D room. And i've noticed those people ask alot of questions and DON'T like Islam. I answer and discuss what i can but i've found that we are significantly 'under-staffed', for lack of a better word. Also i can't answer questions relating to the history of Islam and muslim travellers. Insha Allah i ask that anyone with the knowledge of Qur'an, hadith, history of the prophet (SAW) and sahaba's then please come help us out in that forum. We need your support.

On the other hand there are people who want to learn about the true jihad and muslims views on animals especially dogs so let us all help to educate these people who are willing to learn about our beloved Islam.

ReputationRep:
    Oh and anyone here can call me Rashid. Actually don't, cos it's one of the 99 names of Allah and so i can't use it (my parents checked when i was born but they got some wrong info... ) so call me Abdur-Rashid.

ReputationRep:
    you could change it by deed poll

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj)
    you could change it by deed poll
    Yes apparently so but we never got around to doing it. We only found out about the name fact recently...

ReputationRep:
    Salaams,
    One more question about the marriage issue... Do you think there should be an age gap between the male and female in question? Should the man generally be older? I know the ideal counter-argument is Muhammed (SAW) and Khadija (RA). Just wanted to know your opinions though....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milli)
    Would you prefer 'hello'...'hola', 'Aloha' or 'shalom?' :confused:
    hahah, no. i dint mean it in THAT way lool
    but dunt u guys actually TALK BOUT SOMETHING?

ReputationRep:
    If you read the previous 276 pages you would realise that we have actually discussed quite alot of topics. But, then again, you are a new member so i don't blame you for thinking that.

SO about the marriage issue. I don't think there should be a massive age gap between the male and the female. Normally it should be about 2 or 3 years. About women being older than men...my mum is 6 months older than my dad :p:

ReputationRep:
    salaaam every1!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khadijah)
    salaaam every1!!
    Wa Alaikumus Salaam! How is all?

ReputationRep:
    Salaams,
    One more question about the marriage issue... Do you think there should be an age gap between the male and female in question? Should the man generally be older? I know the ideal counter-argument is Muhammed (SAW) and Khadija (RA). Just wanted to know your opinions though....
    Assalaamu Alaikum!
    I think that depends on the people involved and the situation. There is nothing wrong with having an age gap between the 2 partners, regardless of the size of that age gap and who is the older partner.
    I don't think there is anything as 'should be' in marriage...it differs from person to person. Not to mention that everything is in Allah's (swt) hands anyway.

ReputationRep:
    not 2 good been of uni for a week with tonsilitus..

ReputationRep:
    not 2 good been of uni for a week with tonsilitus..
    Inshallah you'll get better soon! Don't forget to take your medication!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mizfissy815)
    Assalaamu Alaikum!
    I think that depends on the people involved and the situation. There is nothing wrong with having an age gap between the 2 partners, regardless of the size of that age gap and who is the older partner.
    I don't think there is anything as 'should be' in marriage...it differs from person to person. Not to mention that everything is in Allah's (swt) hands anyway.
    Yeah i totally agree with that!

ReputationRep:
    Assalaamu Alaikum!
    Wa Alaikumus Salaam. How are you?

ReputationRep:
    Wa Alaikumus Salaam. How are you?
    I'm fine alhamdullilah and youself?

ReputationRep:
    I'm fine alhamdullilah and youself?
    Alhamdulillah i'm good. Its the weekend! Hey i had a look at your profile, u do some pretty hard (good) subjects. Good luck with that! Insha Allah you'll do well!

ReputationRep:
    Assalaamu Alaikum everyone !!!!!!

how are you all?

Inshallah you are all good

ReputationRep:
    Alhamdulillah i'm good. Its the weekend! Hey i had a look at your profile, u do some pretty hard (good) subjects. Good luck with that! Insha Allah you'll do well!
    Lol...Inshallah we'll all do well.

Assalaamu Alaikum everyone !!!!!!

how are you all?

Inshallah you are all good
    Wa Alaikum as Salaam!

ReputationRep:
    Assalamun Aleykum everyone.

I don't know whether this question was asked before, but i was wondering if it's compulsary for muslim women to wear the abaya?

ReputationRep:
    Wa Alaikum as Salaam!
    w/salaams

how are you?

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.