ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SketchyCanvas)
    Jazakallah for that MF!
    Thank you!
    Jazakallah Khair sister!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mizfissy815)
    Alhamdullilah...
    Physics was a disaster...Biology so and so...Chemistry really easy.
    All good alhamdullilah...
    Physics is generally bad. Although i did good in IB physics, by far my hardest subject so dont worry about it too much. Masha Allah, glad to hear they were alright!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rashid1988)
    Physics is generally bad. Although i did good in IB physics, by far my hardest subject so dont worry about it too much. Masha Allah, glad to hear they were alright!
    These were our first mock exams and Im not really bothered:rolleyes: . Insh'Allah the real exams will be easier/better.

ReputationRep:
    Lol about the abaya comments. Oddly enough being male, i find something implicitly attractive and beautiful about a woman wearing an abaya. Perhaps its just that IMO i think it exudes a sense of confidence. Like saying 'i dont care what the world thinks, i'll do what i believe is right'. So congrats/ props to all the 'abaya-wearers'!
    Thank you! You're right BTW...Abaya depicts one's modesty, chastity & more importantly, one's fidelty to the Almighty.

Alhamdullilah...
    Physics was a disaster...Biology so and so...Chemistry really easy.
    All good alhamdullilah...
    Are you talking about your Jan exams? Or the normal school ones?

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok just saw your post...got it now!

ReputationRep:
    Right everyone i'm off. Keep well and safe. Assalamu Alaikum and goodnight.

ReputationRep:
    W/salaam!

ReputationRep:
    Wa Alaikum as Salaam!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rashid1988)
    On the other hand there are people who want to learn about the true jihad and muslims views on animals especially dogs so let us all help to educate these people who are willing to learn about our beloved Islam.
    Hehe that's me you're talking about! I always come and read the Islamic Society pages (even though I never post, seeming out of place ), i love to learn about Islam even though I am non-muslim.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hira89)
    w/salaam everyone! I'm great alhamdulillah! Albeit, an Abaya is not a mandatory edict in Islaam, I feel a woman is 'incomplete' without one! I dont know about the rest of you, but if I go out without an Abaya I feel, well, exposed- even if I wear the baggiest clothes ever! There's just something really different about an Abaya...:cool:
    As salaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

:ditto:

Insha'Allah everyone is well

May Allah forigve all of those who died in the ferry which sank, proving comfort to their famillies, Ameen

ReputationRep:
    Assalamu'alaykum

I hope everyone is well insha'Allah.

I wanted to ask of everyone their opinions on racism. Racism is all around us, and some of us may have indeed experienced racism at school or in the workplace, but what really ticks me off is when Muslims themselves are racist towards another group of Muslims. I'll be perfectly frank, there is in my experience and in my view anyway, a general - almost inherent in some places- 'dislike' of Black people by some sections of the the Asian community and sadly by some Muslims too. In addition, I believe that there is a feeling of great "pride" by some Arabs, looking down at non-Arabs (especially Muslims of Asian backgrounds) casually dismissing them as "miskeen" or "the poor."

I find racism absolutely abhorrent, and especially when Muslims are racist against one another, because the Prophet (pbuh) couldn't have made it clearer when he declared that that there is no superiority of any Muslim over another on the basis of his colour or background. When I hear people talking as do sometimes, I really do feel like thumping them...:mad:

ReputationRep:
    Hehe that's me you're talking about! I always come and read the Islamic Society pages (even though I never post, seeming out of place ), i love to learn about Islam even though I am non-muslim.
    You're always welcome!

As salaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

Insha'Allah everyone is well

May Allah forigve all of those who died in the ferry which sank, proving comfort to their famillies, Ameen
    My condolence to the families of the victims.

ReputationRep:
    I find racism absolutely abhorrent, and especially when Muslims are racist against one another, because the Prophet (pbuh) couldn't have made it clearer when he declared that that there is no superiority of any Muslim over another on the basis of his colour or background. When I hear people talking as do sometimes, I really do feel like thumping them...
    Indeed racism/bigotry is a vile gesture! These acts of persecution are utterly repulsive & is a culmination of illiteracy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosalily)
    Hi!
    Assalamu'alaykum!

Please never feel "out of place" at the Islamic Society!! The society is open to both Muslims and non-Muslims!! Feel free to post any questions or concerns. Or even just a quick hello! We are more than happy to have you here!

ReputationRep:
    As salaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa abraktuhu

I agree with you Brother Abbas, what you have said is COMPLETELY TRUE! I am glad to have great Muslim friends from all sorts of ethnic and racial backgrounds!

I think there is a problem with generations to be honest, for example i think in my parents generation there isn't THAT much of a good enough intergration with other Muslims whereas i have had greater opportunities to make good friends with a lot of people

Insha'allah we all come to realise the dangers of racism and strive towards making our community more unified and stronger, Ameen!

ReputationRep:
    In addition, I believe that there is a feeling of great "pride" by some Arabs, looking down at non-Arabs (especially Muslims of Asian backgrounds) casually dismissing them as "miskeen" or "the poor."
    Assalaamu Alaikum!
    Its incredibly sad how true that is...

Insha'allah we all come to realise the dangers of racism and strive towards making our community more unified and stronger, Ameen!
    Ameen!

Ameen!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abbas6)
    Hi!
    Assalamu'alaykum!

Please never feel "out of place" at the Islamic Society!! The society is open to both Muslims and non-Muslims!! Feel free to post any questions or concerns. Or even just a quick hello! We are more than happy to have you here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mizfissy815)
    double :ditto:

You're welcome anytime!!!

It is SO cold here

ReputationRep:
    assalamulakyum everyone

how are you all?

ReputationRep:
    Assalamu Alaikum all

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.