Turn on thread page Beta

The TSR Islamic Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Salam...
    I got into a religious debate with some of my friends today and I have a few questions...
    -Is it true that you can't pray Salat Al Mayet on a person who didn't pay himself/herself?
    -Is celebrating Mawlid Al Nabwi (the Prophets birthday) Bida'ah? I assumed it was, but was told otherwise today...(not from a reliable source, mind you)
    - I was informed this morning, that there is a Hadeeth that says 'Marriage completes half your religion'...If this is Sahih, surely there are exceptions?
    - I was also told, that going for Umrah in Ramadan is just as rewardful as going for Hajj...Is this true? I'm going for Umrah next weekend and I wanted to clarify that.

If anyone can answer these questons for me, I'd be very grateful.
    I told my dad that I would like to go for Hajj before I go of to university and he agreed. He is making the reservations from now!.

ReputationRep:
    Im not sure wahat salat al mayet is, but what I do know is you cannot pray on behalf of someone else, you can make dua for them though, that they pray.
    The prophet did not celebrate his birthday, so why should we? He after all is the best example, and he did not celebrate any of his companions birthdays
    Marriage completes half your deen that is correct, if you marry a pious wife, like the quote behind every successful man there is a strong woman. Which is very very true. Plus there is hadith on this.
    I'm not sure if it is as rewardful as hajj but it is more rewardful, it may be that it is, but sure as many people as hajj time , btw hope u have a great ramadhan @ umrah and make plenty o' dua for us inshaAllah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mizfissy815)
    Salam...
    Was-salaamu 'alaykum wa rahmatullaah

-Is it true that you can't pray Salat Al Mayet on a person who didn't pay himself/herself?
    Not true. The Prophet even prayed on a Munaafiq.

-Is celebrating Mawlid Al Nabwi (the Prophets birthday) Bida'ah? I assumed it was, but was told otherwise today...(not from a reliable source, mind you)
    There is nothing in the Qur’aan to say that we should celebrate the Mawlid or birthday of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). The Prophet himself (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not do this or command anyone to do it, either during his lifetime or after his death ... Read on

- I was informed this morning, that there is a Hadeeth that says 'Marriage completes half your religion'...If this is Sahih, surely there are exceptions?
    Saheeh. Yes, exceptions maybe depending on your circumstances. Scholars such as Ibn Taymiyyah, an Nawawi etc didn't marry as they were too busy in the work of the deen. However, as a general rule, as Phoenix explained, is correct.

- I was also told, that going for Umrah in Ramadan is just as rewardful as going for Hajj...Is this true? I'm going for Umrah next weekend and I wanted to clarify that.
    The Prophet sallallahu alayhe wa sallam said: "An Umrah during Ramadhan is like a Hajj with me." (Related by al-Hakim).

Hope that helped. If you haven't already gone, keep me in your du'aa.

Also add me on too

ReputationRep:
    I study in an all girls islamic school in UAE...
    Wow. I'll pm you.

ReputationRep:
    Salam...
    I got into a religious debate with some of my friends today and I have a few questions...

If anyone can answer these questons for me, I'd be very grateful.
    I told my dad that I would like to go for Hajj before I go of to university and he agreed. He is making the reservations from now!.
    Hi & Salaam,
    How're you doing?

Well Im sure all ur qualms have already been fairly elucidated by now...but anyways yeah celebrating Prophet's Bday accounts for a Bid'ah (innovations)-I read this in an islamic book...

About the Umrah-yeah I guess performing an Umrah in Ramadan is as "virtuous" as performing a Hajj...but this, inevitably, doesnt mean that its an alternate or a substitute to Hajj...
    Good luck with ur Hajj reservations & May Allah accept ur Hajj inshallah

ReputationRep:
    Salam...
    Thanx everyone! I really apprecaite your help.
    I'll pray for all of you this weekend(thursday and friday here) Inshallah...!

Thanx again!

ReputationRep:
    Salam...
    Thanx everyone! I really apprecaite your help.
    I'll pray for all of you this weekend(thursday and friday here) Inshallah...!

Thanx again!
    Anytime...glad to oblige :p:
    Good luck with Umrah once again...have a safe travel you still coming to school yeah? the UAE islamic school for girls? missing out a day or sth?

ReputationRep:
    As salaamu alaikum

Insha'allah your Umrah will be accepted!

Don't forget to pray for your Brothers and Sisters who are suffering as a result of the Earthquake, May Allah swt guide them all on the Straight Path, and may they find ease in these difficult times, Ameen

Isn't it strange how just like the masjids, this ISOC suddenly becomes busy in Ramadhan. Alhumdulilah thats a good thing i guess, if only people went to masjids all year round!

Anyone here do/did a histroy degree?

Wa alaikum asalaam

azs*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azs*)
    As salaamu alaikum

Insha'alah your Umrah will be accepted!

Don't forget to pray for your Brothers and Sisters who are suffering as a result of the Earthquake, May Allah swt guide them all on the Straight Path, and may they find ease in these difficult times, Ameen

Isn't it strange how just like the masjids, this ISOC suddenly becomes busy in Ramadhan. Alhumdulilah thats a good thing i guess, if only people went to masjids all year round!

Anyone here do/did a histroy degree?

Wa alaikum asalaam

azs*
    Walikum as salaam...

Yeah u're right abt ppl being suddenly all goody goody & going to mosques etc...Take an ex. of my school; students who never used to pray before, are all entwined in the praying routines these days-fair enuf u think?
    Nope-This ongoing convention will soon deliquesce as soon as the month of Ramadan ends & it'll all culminate with students adopting their "old" ways back...

About the history degree thing, nope havent done it

Salaam

ReputationRep:
    It seems like the ISOC reached its specified time of stagnation. Come on bro's and sis', be a bit more active.

ReputationRep:
    salaam

ReputationRep:
    That's more like it!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey & Salaam!
    How's everyone?

ReputationRep:
    salaaaams evryone whassup and hws yer fasting going?y'all hungry or bearin up the pain? remember to make du3aa for pplz who hv lost their lives in the eartquake.. and 4 those whom are suffering as a result. sooooo .. 2nd 10 days of ramadan eh? forgiveness..ahh..keep repenting..make du3aa and tke care.this post mite sound strange bt im high on an empty belly whooooooo

ReputationRep:
    hey I would like to become a member! Salaam everyone!

ReputationRep:
    its good in the hood, walaikumsalam, i think it went way to quickly, not that its over yet but it is very very fast even though it breaks late, mmm i want lasagna

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I am here. and????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dimez)
    It seems like the ISOC reached its specified time of stagnation. Come on bro's and sis', be a bit more active.
    Sorry, Ive had the flu, though, so that's an excuse to not be active, right?
    And a lot of my posts are about islam even if they're not posted on this thread, anyway.

I have a suggestion, though. To make this thread more active enquiries about islamic practices should be posted here, instead of the religion forum, that way i) you'll only get serious responses and ii) you won't get attacked by some of those D&D nutters.

what say you all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    Yes, I am here. and????
    lol! I just thought you should maybe divert atleast some of your attention to islam...just to stay on track

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ayaan)
    Sorry, Ive had the flu, though, so that's an excuse to not be active, right?
    And a lot of my posts are about islam even if they're not posted on this thread, anyway.

I have a suggestion, though. To make this thread more active enquiries about islamic practices should be posted here, instead of the religion forum, that way i) you'll only get serious responses and ii) you won't get attacked by some of those D&D nutters.

what say you all?
    Indeed Ayaan.

I'll start off. Can't remember the exact wording of the hadith but it goes something like this:

"Whoever reads ayatul Kursi after every compulsory salaat, nothing shall stop him from entering Jannah except death"

Mashallah! Allah is the most Merciful of those who show mercy! Dear Brothers and Sisters, let us seize every oppurtunity we can to gain the pleasure, mercy and blessing of Allah, for this is the month of forgiveness.

May Allah Guide Us All

Peace

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.