ws. are you coming or going?
Milli
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Salams Everybody

How are you?

I've had an awful weekend.....food poisoning Didn't go college today.

I've missed loads of lessons today. I don't feel like working. I'm not in the least motivated. I'm worried about my exams. I'm worried about my june exams and my january exam results. I feel dumb :eek: I'm depressed. Does anyone go through this....it never happened to me before.

I'm usually the type of person who spends my free times studying, but the last couple of months, i've been too relaxed. Alhamdullilah i got my chemistry A level out of the way in year 11....but now i need to concentrate on my biology, maths and english....but for some reason i just can't be bothered.

Inshallah it all gets sorted. Any advice from anyone who went through the same thing.

Salams
The Green Manalishi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Milli)
Salams Everybody

How are you?

I've missed loads of lessons today. I don't feel like working. I'm not in the least motivated. I'm worried about my exams. I'm worried about my june exams and my january exam results. I feel dumb :eek: I'm depressed. Does anyone go through this....it never happened to me before.

I'm usually the type of person who spends my free times studying, but the last couple of months, i've been too relaxed. Alhamdullilah i got my chemistry A level out of the way in year 11....but now i need to concentrate on my biology, maths and english....but for some reason i just can't be bothered.

Inshallah it all gets sorted. Any advice from anyone who went through the same thing.

Salams
Wa Alaikumus Salaam Milli! Hope you really feel better soon! Yeah i did, i AM! Haha... The only thing that got me to work during IB was 'pressure'. Not from not meeting deadlines instead my dad saying things like if i dont do well he'll cut me off and i'd have to work and pay my way through uni. Plus i screwed up IGCSE real bad so that was added pressure. Maybe its overkill though. If u spend free time working/ studying like i did in IB until abt a month b4 exams, i think i burned out. Take a break, go out and smell the roses (in the metaphorical sense ) and things then get back to work. Thats what i'd recommend... Dunno if it'll work, but give it a go.
Stranded
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Salaams!!
SketchyCanvas~
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Milli)
Salams Everybody

How are you?

Salams
W/salaams Sister Milli!!

firstly, a hug from me :hugs: i know exactly how you feel! Just try and relax, take a hot soak in the bath, read some Quran, listen to some Nasheeds..etc. And then focus your mind on a particular piece of work that needs to be completed, so you have a fresh clear mind

Inshallah you feel better :hugs:

Munise
SketchyCanvas~
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
BismillahHirRahmanNirRahim

Ashura

Mu'awiyah ibn Abu Sufyan (Radiyallahu 'anh) relates: I heard the
Messenger of Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta'ala) say: "It is the day
of `Ashura. Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta'ala) has not made fasting
obligatory for you. But I am fasting. He who likes to observe fast
among you should do so, and he who likes not to observe it (does not
have to) observe it." [Sahih Muslim]

Abu Qatada (Radiyallahu 'anh) relates that the Holy Prophet
(Sallallahu `alayhi wa Sallam) said that the fast on the 10th of
Muharram atones for the sins of the preceding year. [Sahih Muslim]

Abu Huraira (Radiyallahu 'anh) reports that the Holy Prophet
(Sallallahu `alayhi wa Sallam) said that after Ramadan, the fasts of
Muharram have the greatest excellence. [Sahih Muslim]

Alhamdulillah, Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta'ala) has blessed us to see
another year. The first month of this year is Muharram. In this
month is an excellent day—the day of `Ashura—which falls on the 10th
of Muharram. The Holy Prophet (Sallallahu `alayhi wa Sallam)
recommended that we fast on this day, by his Sunnah. He also
indicated how we should observe the fast of `Ashura.

Hakam ibn Al-Arat (Radiyallahu 'anh) relates: I went to Ibn Abbas
(Radiyallahu 'anh)… I said to him: Tell me about fasting on `Ashura.
He said, "When you seen the new moon of Muharram count the (days)
and (begin to) observe fast on the 9th." I said to him: "Is it how
the Holy Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu `alayhi wa Sallam) observed
the fast?" He said, "Yes." [Sahih Muslim]

Hazrat Ibn Abbas (Radiyallahu 'anh) relates that when the Holy
Prophet (Sallallahu `alayhi wa Sallam) said: "If I survive till next
year, I will definitely observe fast on the 9th of Muharram (as
well)." [Sahih Muslim]

(Note: What the Holy Prophet (Sallallahu `alayhi wa Sallam) meant
was that he would also fast on the 9th as well as the 10th to which
he was accustomed. We also should try fasting on the 9th and the
10th of Muharram.)

Hazrat Ibn Abbas (Radiyallahu 'anh) reports that the Holy Prophet
(Sallallahu `alayhi wa Sallam) arrived in Madinah and found the Jews
observing fast on the day of `Ashura… They said: "It is the day of
great (significance) when Allah delivered Hazrat Musa ('Alaihis-
Salaam) and his people and drowned Pharoah and his people, and
Sayyidina Musa ('Alaihis-Salaam) observed fast out of gratitude. And
we also observe it." The Holy Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu `alayhi
wa Sallam) responded: "We have more right, and we have closer
connection with Sayyidina Musa ('Alaihis-Salaam) than you have"; so
Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu `alayhi wa Sallam) observed fast (on
the day of `Ashura) and gave us orders to observe it. [Sahih Bukhari
and Muslim]

`Ashura is a day of great historical significance. On this day:
Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta'ala) accepted the repentance of Sayyidina
Adam ('Alaihis-Salaam) after his exile from Paradise; Allah
(Subhanahu wa Ta'ala) saved Sayyidina Nuh ('Alaihis-Salaam) and his
companions in the ark; Allah extinguished the fire in which
Sayyidina Ibrahim ('Alaihis-Salaam) was thrown by Nimrod; And Allah
(Subhanahu wa Ta'ala) spoke directly to Sayyidina Musa ('Alaihis-
Salaam) and gave him the Commandments. On this same 10th of
Muharram, Sayyidina Ayyub ('Alaihis-Salaam) was restored to health
(from leprosy); Sayyidina Yusuf ('Alaihis-Salaam) was reunited with
his father Ya'qub ('Alaihis-Salaam); Sayyidina Yunus ('Alaihis-
Salaam) was taken out from the belly of the fish; and the sea was
divided as the nation of israel was delivered from captivity and
Pharoah's army was destroyed. `Ashura is also the day when Sayyidina
Dawud ('Alaihis-Salaam) was forgiven; the kingdom of Sulaiman
('Alaihis-Salaam) was restored; Sayyidina Isa ('Alaihis-Salaam) was
raised to Jannah and Sayyidina al-Husayn (Radiyallahu 'anh) (the
Holy Prophet's, Sallallahu `alayhi wa Sallam, grandson) achieved the
honor of Martyrdom.1

Worship Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta'ala) as much as you can on `Ashura.
Whoever fasts on this day is like one who fasts all his life.
Whoever clothes a naked person Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta'ala) will
release him from a painful punishment. He who visits a sick person,
Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta'ala) will grant him a reward that will not be
decreased. Whoever places his hand on an orphan's head, or feeds a
hungry person or gives water to a thirsty man, Allah will feed him a
feast from Paradise and will quench his thirst with Salsabil (a wine
that does not intoxicate). And who ever takes a Ghusl on this day
will enjoy excellent health and freedom from sickness and indolence.
Whoever provides generously for his family on this day, Allah
(Subhanahu wa Ta'ala) will be generous to him throughout this year.
And whoever applies Kuhl to his eyes will never suffer from eye-sore
again, inSha'Allah al-Aziz.2

O' Allah! Bless us to perform good deeds and gain their reward
on `Ashura. Make the new year one of unity, cooperation and success
for Muslims in this city and around the world. Ameen.

1. These are mentioned as what scholars have determined as the
specialties of that day in Ghunya li-Talibi Tariq al-Haqq, Sayyidina
Abdul Qadir al-Jilani.

2. These specialties are mentioned in Ghunya li-Talibi Tariq al-
Haqq, Sayyidina Abdul Qadir al-Jilani.
Jus found this

Munise
SketchyCanvas~
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The Greatest Name of Allah

Religious scholars have related that Allah has 3,000 Names. 1,000 are only known by angels, 1,000 known only by Prophets (peace be upon them all, 300 are in the Torah (Old Testament), 300 are in Zabur (Psalms of David), 3,000 are in the New Testament, and 99 are in the holy Qur'an. This makes 2,999 Names. One Name which has been hidden by Allah is called Ism Allah al-a'zaam: The Greatest Name of Allah.

All of Allah's Names are great, but since He has hidden this particular Name it is referred to as The Greatest Name.

Whoever reads the Qur'an will read the Greatest Name of Allah probably without knowing it. Because, it is hidden in somewhere in this Book of Allah. Some of the companions of the Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu alayhi wasallam) knew the Name. Ali (may Allah exalt him) was one who knew.

Allah has hidden certain things out of His mercy. He has hidden the most righteous people in His eyes (Avliya), so people should respect one another indiscriminately. He has hidden the night of Qadir (the holy night in which Qur'an began to be revealed), which we have to search for in 21st, 23rd, 25th, 27th and in 29th night of the Ramadan month. It is hidden so people should act properly and obey His orders throughout Ramadan.

He has hidden His consent so people will always do good deeds. He has hidden His Greatest Name in the Qur'an so people will read the entire Qur'an.

One should memorize the 99 Names for one's own benefit. However, learning the Names by heart is not the aim, the aim is to find the One who is Named.
and more :p:
Stranded
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Salaam everyone!! :hello:
Nice work there SC! Although I haven't read it as yet!
SketchyCanvas~
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
W/salaams Hira!!

I'm browsing through Islamic Websites and Groups and jus found them and thought i'll share it with you all

How you been?

Munise
Stranded
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
:hello: Hmm...good! Thats the smartest thing you've ever done! For a change! :rolleyes:
I'm great as usual alhamdulillah

Anyways I've got to scram..just wanted to say a quick hello!
T/c, g;night & Salaam!!
SketchyCanvas~
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by hira89)
:hello: Hmm...good! Thats the smartest thing you've ever done! For a change! :rolleyes:
I'm great as usual alhamdulillah

Anyways I've got to scram..just wanted to say a quick hello!
T/c, g;night & Salaam!!
what do you mean for a change? :hmmm: :p:

lol take care and Salaams Hira :ciao:

Munise
mizfissy815
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Assalaamu Alaikum!
Hows everyone doing?
JazakiAllah Khair SC!
SketchyCanvas~
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
W/salaams MF!
JazakAllah
I'm good alhamdulilah, yourself?

Today i wore a skirt, i haven't worn one for soo long and it felt so right to wear one and felt more relaxed as its more modest I usually wear baggy jeans, but decided on buying more skirts And Inshallah, i'll be getting some Jilbabs soon too

Munise
SketchyCanvas~
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Since you all were on the topic of marriage before, i found some more info which i agree with 100%!! ...

A Profile of a Married Muslimah ~

Anonymous Author

~ Al Hamdullilah~
She obeys Allah subhana wa ta ala first, and everyone else is secondary. She is a spiritually woman that completely covers her entire body. And, she loves praying five time a day as well as studying Islam daily. She projects a positive attitude, peaceful demeanor, and she loves helping others. She is truthful, wise, confident, and patient with all of her issues. She is conscience of her health, body odors, and she exercise often. She is always fair with her friends. She is content with staying inside the home; therefore, she only goes outside whenever it is necessary. However, if she wants to go to college or work, she finds an environment that is best for a Muslimah. She makes sure her home environment is always very clean and peaceful. She makes sure that her family clothes are clean and as well as iron. Her foods are always healthy and prepared, and she enjoys serving her family. Furthermore, shaytan cannot convince her that she is a slave for her husband because she knows all her hard works are written as good charities on her permanent records.

~ Subhana Allah~
She loves and adores her husband, and she respects the fact that he has a higher degree above her. She misses him whenever he is away, and she is very happy whenever he returns. She is conscience that he has stressful days, so she understands that he may need her to listen to his stressors, give him a partial or full body massage, or he may need quality time alone. Therefore, whenever he walks through the door, she does not have friends over, or talking on the phone, or have the children running around the house making loud noises. She meets him with a positive attitude, good appearance, and the greetings of ýýýAs salaam alaikum beloved husband how was your day?ýýý She gives him a beautiful smile, a warm hug, a sensual kiss, and she keeps all bad news away from him until he has rested.

~ Marshaýýý Allah~
She always thanks her husband for his provisions even if; it is as small as a grape. She does not place unnecessary financial burdens on him, but accepts their lot. And, she does not make personal or business plans without talking to him first. Also, she does not embarrass him by not covering correctly, unnecessary intermixing with non-family or Muslim males, disrespecting him in front of people, or placing other people before him.

Whenever she is in disagreement with him, she does not disrespect him by raising her voice over his, or have a tempted tantrum to make her point, instead she uses wisdom. Also, she does not call her family or friends and tell them about his flaws, but instead she covers him. However, she prays to Allah subhana wa ta ala for guidance. Lastly and most important, she does not divorce him unnecessary because she knows if she does, metaphoric it is like taking off her garments (khimar/hijab/jilbob/ayaba/niqab) in front of everyone. In addition, she does not want to become among the ungrateful wives, in the hell-fire.

Bukhari 1:28, Narrated Ibn 'Abbas

The Prophet said: "I was shown the Hell-fire and that the majority of its dwellers were women who were ungrateful." It was asked, "Do they disbelieve in Allah?" (Are they ungrateful to Allah?) He replied, "They are ungrateful to their husbands and are ungrateful for the favors and the good (charitable deeds) done to them. If you have always been good (benevolent) to one of them and then she sees something in you (not of her liking), she will say, ýýýI have never received any good from you.ýýý

~ AllahuAkbar~
If she is blessed with children, she understands that she will have to account to Allah subhana wa ta ala, for her children growth and development in Islam. Therefore, she teaches her own children, enhance their Islam, teach them good manners, respect for others, and how to conduct themselves in a positive rational matter instead of allowing them to become unbalanced out of controlled wild children. Also, if she wants to go to college or work, and her children are under the ages of eighteen, she makes arrangement to do these tasks from home instead of leaving her children in the care of others.

All and all, a married Muslimah has a profile of a Noble Pious Wise Woman.

~ Al Hamdulillah~

InshaýýýAllah, if you are married, ask your zawaj (mate) to give you an evaluation of your status thus far as a zawaj, or ask your zawaj this hypothetical question:

If I was a computer, and you could write my program regarding your idea zawaj, what would you write for my software? This, psychology question, inshaýýýAllah, may give you both an opportunity to find out more information regarding each other desires, which will enhance your relationship
mizfissy815
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Today i wore a skirt, i haven't worn one for soo long and it felt so right to wear one and felt more relaxed as its more modest I usually wear baggy jeans, but decided on buying more skirts And Inshallah, i'll be getting some Jilbabs soon too

Munise
That's good alhamdullilah. I have quite a few skirts and some baggy jeans. Usually if I wear trousers, I also wear those long coat like jackets/sweaters that reach my shins. I don't have many jilbabs but handful of abayas. I hope to get few more jilbaabs soon Inshallah.

I have to go down and eat some dinner....I'll talk to you in bit Inshallah.
Assalaamu Alaikum.
SketchyCanvas~
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by mizfissy815)
That's good alhamdullilah. I have quite a few skirts and some baggy jeans. Usually if I wear trousers, I also wear those long coat like jackets/sweaters that reach my shins. I don't have many jilbabs but handful of abayas. I hope to get few more jilbaabs soon Inshallah.

I have to go down and eat some dinner....I'll talk to you in bit Inshallah.
Assalaamu Alaikum.
Same!! I usually wear trousers too, but i'm loving the skirts atm :p: I also have long coats and jackets too
I'm going to be ordering some Jilbabs from www.thehijabshop.com inshallah

Inshallah, W/salaams and take care :ciao:
shayej
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Rasulullah S.A.W. said, "A women who reveals her body or even wears tight fitting clothes wont come within 500 years of the smell of Jannah."

so sisters there is something to think about.
azs*
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
As salaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa baraktuhu all

Just popped in to say Salaam!

Sister Milli I can TOTALLY sympathise! Follow SC's advice and insha'allah things will improve!

Jazakullah Khair brother for that reminder
mizfissy815
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Rasulullah S.A.W. said, "A women who reveals her body or even wears tight fitting clothes wont come within 500 years of the smell of Jannah."

so sisters there is something to think about.
Jazakullah Khair!
Assalaamu Alaikum once again!
Sister Milli- I agree with Munise. Try not stressing out too much. You still have time.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (276)
80.23%
Leave (68)
19.77%

Watched Threads